BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talksport Has Interview Ready For 11.30Am Today Re. Dodgy Takeovers

Parry is a plank anyway. My daughter when between jobs went for an interview and had to go back for a screen test with Parry. She corrected him when he made a mistake (something he makes frequently) and the producer said to her that he wouldn't take kindly to that. She heard no more, not even a thanks but no thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listened to it. Pathetically shallow comments and obviously defending 'The agent' involved.

To sum up:

There are other clubs worse off than Rovers.

Where would we be without the money Venkys have pumped into the club?

Either they really are stupid or everyone in the media is in on the stitch up job.

Parry states he had 'quite a lot to do' with the takeover - anyone know what his role was?

I tweeted him but got no reply.

There's a PR machine at work behind the scenes for Venkys and has been for years. All the other clubs are allowed to despair and garner sympathy, protest etc but we have to lump it.

!

This is the problem with agents being woven into the fabric of football and the TV stations, didn't some of the pundits have SEM representation?

It completely stinks and always did. We've disagreed on certain things but it's pretty difficult to argue Coyle as anything but a return to the blatant indefensible negligence of the Steve Kean era.

Like I gave Coyle a chance, I will do the same for Senior in a role we've never actually seen since they arrived. An actual football savvy director.... We've had a marketing whizz aka scumbag, an Asian pundit, the son of Rao asking on Facebook for transfer advice, the shelf salesman and an accountant.

The problem is, the likelihood Senior is another who has seen a way to make a quick buck from a vacuum.

Can i Just ask; What has Senior done in the game to be worthy of such a Role at a club like Rovers?

Compared to the others he has actual experience in U.K. footy? I know these CV's are "massaged" but;

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paul-senior-7786a3122

Like I said, probably another gravy train brigade but let's give him some rope first eh?

This is the problem with agents being woven into the fabric of football and the TV stations, didn't some of the pundits have SEM representation?

It completely stinks and always did. We've disagreed on certain things but it's pretty difficult to argue Coyle as anything but a return to the blatant indefensible negligence of the Steve Kean era.

Like I gave Coyle a chance, I will do the same for Senior in a role we've never actually seen since they arrived. An actual football savvy director.... We've had a marketing whizz aka scumbag, an Asian pundit, the son of Rao asking on Facebook for transfer advice, the shelf salesman and an accountant.

The problem is, the likelihood Senior is another who has seen a way to make a quick buck from a vacuum.

Yes he's the nearest thing we've had but what is his job and will he even be allowed to do it. First thing he should do is put his foot down on signing the likes of Barnes or anymore Browns etc. I genuinely think he's just been brought in like a subcontractor for a couple of windows to squeeze the higher paid out and replace with cheaper. I hear Venkys like working like that, wouldn't be surprised if he is just paid by commission on any deals he gets through either way.

I liked the sound of the Plymouth lad but he'll cost. Next best thing now is a few loans of players tailor made for a relegation dogfight. No point giving homes to more crocks of gambling on untried foreigners just to give them a shop window in England. I won't hold my breath though.

Yes he's the nearest thing we've had but what is his job and will he even be allowed to do it. First thing he should do is put his foot down on signing the likes of Barnes or anymore Browns etc. I genuinely think he's just been brought in like a subcontractor for a couple of windows to squeeze the higher paid out and replace with cheaper. I hear Venkys like working like that, wouldn't be surprised if he is just paid by commission on any deals he gets through either way.

I liked the sound of the Plymouth lad but he'll cost. Next best thing now is a few loans of players tailor made for a relegation dogfight. No point giving homes to more crocks of gambling on untried foreigners just to give them a shop window in England. I won't hold my breath though.

If (and it's a very big if) we start picking up a few unknowns, younger players with some potential who (most importantly) hit the ground running, I'd happily see it as a positive.

He has unfortunately failed his first "task" though, Coyle should've been shown the door upon his arrival. Any professional or fan with an ounce of knowledge can see this guy is not cut out for our needs, or anyone this side of the globe imo. Given another chance and failed it misreably!

• Backroom

Rovers Blackpool protest being mentioned by White on Talksport again.

They're going to talk about it, and Blackpool owner Oyston is being interviewed.

Will be interesting to see what a club owner has to say about it all.

Rovers Blackpool protest being mentioned by White on Talksport again.

They're going to talk about it, and Blackpool owner Oyston is being interviewed.

Will be interesting to see what a club owner has to say about it all.

Going to be an international call to talk to our owners, if they pick up the phone.....

• Backroom

Few highlights of the Oyston interview:

Protesters are "naive and child-like"

It's only a "sprinkling of fans" protesting. (1% anyone!)

It's a "dwindling group".

Why should owners like him leave a club that over the years they have "developed and moved forward".

Hard to speak on Blackpool as they've owned it for 30 years and did reach the Prem. But our owners have categorically moved our club backwards in every aspect on and off the field. From boardroom level right down to upkeep of the ground (i.e. undersoil heating.) So this arguement would be laughable for our clowns.

Few highlights of the Oyston interview:

Protesters are "naive and child-like"

It's only a "sprinkling of fans" protesting. (1% anyone!)

It's a "dwindling group".

Why should owners like him leave a club that over the years they have "developed and moved forward".

Hard to speak on Blackpool as they've owned it for 30 years and did reach the Prem. But our owners have categorically moved our club backwards in every aspect on and off the field. From boardroom level right down to upkeep of the ground (i.e. undersoil heating.) So this arguement would be laughable for our clowns.

Scum bag.

Oyston's engaged in a longstanding war with 'Pool fans. Those comments aren't unexpected.

Imagine if our beloved owners came out with something like that. It still wouldn't motivate the anti-protesters.

Fair play to Jim White for highlighting the protest. Was fair to both sides of the argument

Was there an argument put forward on behalf of Venkys or were they talking about it from Blackpools perspective only?

Can't stand Jim White's smug face. Oh isn't he funny because he wears a yellow tie on transfer deadline day?? (That also goes for any silly sod that wears yellow on that day too, though that's one for the RANT thread)

He's a stinking tool that will never say anything to help us for obvious reasons.

We did well in yellow ;)

Archived