BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talksport Has Interview Ready For 11.30Am Today Re. Dodgy Takeovers

Henry Winter kept bring the discussion back to us despite Jim White saying "SISU" over and over........Henry mentioned the fact that Keith Harris stated that "some of the money hould never have left the countries it originated in" and whether that may insinuate money laundering.

It felt like people knew that the takeover and running of the club wasn't right and certainly wasn't good for the fans but there was a general feeling of 'what can we do

Henry Winter is a closet rovers fan we would be far better having him as our leader of war intead of poor Simon who seems just to have been mentioned then forgotten,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we remember not long after they arrived Venkys threw the clubs name about back home with the advert and tournament for young lads to win an apprenticeship at Rovers or something plus the friendlies and mooted academy. On the back of that they opened a few more Venky expresses, Acorn with the Rovers shirt & Lennox Lewis, provided by ahem....SEM.

Also in an interview Mr confused said they'd picked up a few deals in far flung places on the back of being known through a Premier league club. So initially i think they did get a bit of a boost through being involved with a global brand name like the Premier league and to a lesser extent BRFC.

Covs owners

Sisu are also a hedge fund and the reference to them on the Talk Sport show this morning was an eye opener. Some of what was said about Venky's getting publicity and it promoting them owning Rovers was quite enlightening too. Keith Harris was the one who stated that some of the money used, should never have left these shores. Although he didn't state which club he was referring to with that statement, it could well have been the alleged funny money that was passed through the Western Union account. There is obviously still information out there that prominent people are aware of that still remains buried.

Jim White – “why would Venkys want to own Blackburn?”

Keith Harris “now I don’t know too much about that takeover to be honest but what I do hear that as a result of that ownership the Venkys have done superb business in their own country i.e. the chicken business. What they have done for the people of Blackburn though is appalling. Now I don’t suggest there are nefarious people involved however I understand the side effects have been good for them as well………but overall they don’t understand it (football), the people running it don’t speak English, it’s a bit of mystery to me”

Jim White eventually concludes - "we know that some takeovers are good and some are bad but what we do know is that we have to put up with them" - brilliant, thanks Jim, @#/? revolutionary you are :rock:

How does continually running a relatively unknown football club in the English second division deeper into the ground translate into greater chicken sales in India? Does this make sense to anyone?

How does continually running a relatively unknown football club in the English second division deeper into the ground translate into greater chicken sales in India? Does this make sense to anyone?

It doesn't. so you have to assume that the initial purchase when we were premier league did. I have no idea why the continue with us, hence my previous posts, suggesting they must have something to hide. It is the only theory that makes sense to me.

When a Venky rep pops up in Vietnam or Brazil and does his power point then when it's gets to the bosses and he reels off clips of Blackburn Rovers beating Man U, Rovers winning the league, the V's pictured waving on the pitch then them rolling up in a cavalcade of Bentleys to a crowd outside the ground i suppose it catches the attention. Then a pick of them with the Queen of England :o

I doubt the average Joe Brazilian business man goes looking on BRFCS for approval, jobs already done. The language barrier is useful at times and pics can lie. A handy tool to have on the other side of the world.

It doesn't. But they're very wealthy and they're very arrogant and they won't admit to making a mistake - which we clearly are. I suspect we've been shoved in the equivalent of a bottom drawer to be forgotten about.

If you imagine it being a football agency owning the club it makes perfect sense.

But that is against football league rules...

It doesn't. But they're very wealthy and they're very arrogant and they won't admit to making a mistake - which we clearly are. I suspect we've been shoved in the equivalent of a bottom drawer to be forgotten about.

Agreed Jim but now that there are no assets left and they cant rely on player sales to cover their costs of running the club it is fast getting to the stage where they will need to send money again. So I guess it might have been in the bottom drawer for 18 months whilst operation downsize was in full swing but it will soon be coming out.

They must be p1ssed off with it by now and it surely is pure stubbornness and the loss of pride that has put them in a quandary as to what to do next. But the answer doesn't involve spending any more money that's for sure so the end game may be getting close now

Agreed Jim but now that there are no assets left and they cant rely on player sales to cover their costs of running the club it is fast getting to the stage where they will need to send money again. So I guess it might have been in the bottom drawer for 18 months whilst operation downsize was in full swing but it will soon be coming out.

They must be p1ssed off with it by now and it surely is pure stubbornness and the loss of pride that has put them in a quandary as to what to do next. But the answer doesn't involve spending any more money that's for sure so the end game may be getting close now

Possibly, except they could slowly let it run into the ground until it costs next to nothing and the club drops out of the league. Then sell off Ewood and Brockhall (I assume they own it). After all, what do they care?

Pride? don't think they know what it means. Spoilt rich kids who never had one bit of interest in football. They were sold a vehicle to make cash. They think they are untouchable in their ivory towers (probably really are made of ivory the evil bstads). I don't know why I bother, I just end up getting wound up.

If you imagine it being a football agency owning the club it makes perfect sense.

But that is against football league rules...

Only when it does not involve former FA employees , Protected FA approved agents that are allowed to side step player 3rd party ownership problems, Former FA business partners and a lunch club member on the board of the unlucky club apparently should that perfect storm ever arise, obviously not in the rules but it does not need to be when they are a law unto themselves

One only as to look at the recent Bolton fiasco to see how blind the FA can be when it involves their own and certain football agencies

Woke up in the middle of the night and put Talksport on. Mike Parry talking about how he was involved in the Venkys takeover at 3.42am approx.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1485306000

Talk about dodgy. They couldn't even bring themselves to mention "the agent who was involved at the time"s name. Yeah, like they've forgotten.

Woke up in the middle of the night and put Talksport on. Mike Parry talking about how he was involved in the Venkys takeover at 3.42am approx.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1485306000

Just listened to it. Pathetically shallow comments and obviously defending 'The agent' involved.

To sum up:

There are other clubs worse off than Rovers.

Where would we be without the money Venkys have pumped into the club?

Either they really are stupid or everyone in the media is in on the stitch up job.

Parry states he had 'quite a lot to do' with the takeover - anyone know what his role was?

This is where it stinks to high heaven yet again as we are in the same boat as Charlton etc just a year behind. Out of all the others i'd say we are the ones marked the next Coventry/Pompey more than any of the others and it's arguable whether we were the biggest but we were the most established Prem club out of that lot. We had the best infrastructure and people running it out of all the others and the only agenda at Rovers was the football side of things.

There's a PR machine at work behind the scenes for Venkys and has been for years. All the other clubs are allowed to despair and garner sympathy, protest etc but we have to lump it.

The bills are still being paid at Charlton/Blackpool etc are they not ? So why are Venkys unique they've still destroyed the club. How many of the others have sold the best part of 100 mill in players in the last 6 years, how many have burnt through that income plus all the other income inc Prem money and parachute money yet find themselves 100 mill in the hole to someone. How many have sold 25 mill worth of players recently and only spent 1% of that on one average signing ? How many have so many agents/agencies involved ?

@#/? off Talkshite it's about time the truth was paraded before the media regularly. Local radio and paper hang your heads !

Archived