SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Arsenal's team v Sutton is some sort of joke and disrespectful to the FA Cup and their opponents. They may well win easily but that's not the point and Arsenal and their like who field virtual reserve teams should be fined heavily for devaluing what used to be a fantastic competition. . 

Might be an idea to insist on at least 7 players who started the most recent league game starting a cup match?

I don't think you should tell clubs what players they should play at all. They pay wages to their squad and should be able to use them accordingly.

However what do you reckon Wenger would do,if 4th place no longer offered a CL spot and the cup winners got it instead?

He'd definitely play stronger sides.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly thanks for posting my name without any permission from myself. I did want to keep it private which is my right btw..

Secondly my comment was a reply to this post

From here on out I will not be boycotting.. We rage and we complain and we hate that the Venkys are destroying us and that they never attend but are we just as much to blame for staying away and week in week out they fail? We always say the fans will outlast the owners but where are we when our team needs us? Are we there supporting the cause and making our voice heard? Or are we staying away like cowards and hoping that Venkys will sell up because of 'low crowds' @#/? Venkys, @#/? the Raos, @#/? Kentaro, @#/? SEM.. Our boys need us so let's get together, get behind the team and win this @#/?ing war against the Venkys scum!!!!

I wont post his name cos I dont believe it is right without his direct permission. Maybe I more respect for people to keep their names private

1) Think what you mean to say is whoops I got caught out! If you put it on twitter - a public forum - then it's not all that private is it? Perhaps have the good grace to admit that you sent mixed messages. 

2) No we're not to blame. In any way whatsoever. We didn't heap on the debt, let crooks run the show, asset strip the team, appoint the two dodgiest and most incompetent managers ever. Blaming fans for staying away from corruption which you say cannot be changed, is a very, very cheap dig at the fans. So you're basically saying fans need to be morally happy to accept whatever crap the owners put on us, and any ethical or moral qualms they have is cowardice and their fault. That's like saying if a crime gang rule the area I live in, I should accept it, and if I try to move away it's my fault. Bizarre. 

3) Well at least you're more honest in this post on your opinions on fans who protest then perhaps your original post! 

1 hour ago, Glosrover said:

not convinced they have the cash to buy the club outright.  The fanfare in the local media last time their names emerged suggested that they were prepared to put money in under their Seneca banner for a controlling share and to then be involved in advising on the management of the club moving forwards.  That suggests to me that they needed Venkys access to bank lending to provide working capital for payment of wages, and operating costs, and for Venkys to have their personal debt retained as shares in the business.  

Not sure how the fan base would react to Venkys continuation in the club - even as a minority shareholder.  

No. As Ian Battersby explained on Talksport they were not prepared to pay off Venky debt.

Their idea was to provide funds to run the club properly so that Venkys could pay off debts themselves as the club became more stable, hopefully in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Seriously can't blame Steele for not stopping on of the best strikers in the world in a one-on-one. That was one I'd have expected Rhodes to score.

I'd like to know who was playing him onside.

You are right, the damage was already done but the only chance Steele had was to rush him and hope he fluffed it.

Just now, blue kiwi said:

well blue blood if chaddy did not want everyone to know his name thats upto him,yoda does not have his permission,and i would say its a banning offence myself.

I think Chaddy has referenced his twitter account on a number of occasions so perhaps not as revealing as first appears. Mind you, think you might have a point there. 

Regardless I think it's a separate issue to Chaddy's... differing opinions. Probably a better way to broach it would have been to blank out the name, but the point still stands that Chaddy's view was somewhat different to what he was saying! 

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Question is why, one more than one occasion, did Zlatan find himself with yards.of space.  Hiw do you leave ine of the world's deadliest strikers unmarked time and again.  Steele should have done better though.

Apart from Forest, no club has conceded more goals this season we have. That is why we are where we are and Coyle is to blame. Even if Venkys had given him transfer funds he would not have prioritised the defence.

He is clueless and taking us down.

Just now, Blue blood said:

1) Think what you mean to say is whoops I got caught out! If you put it on twitter - a public forum - then it's not all that private is it? Perhaps have the good grace to admit that you sent mixed messages. 

My name doesnt appear on twitter and never will. 

Facebook is there for me to talk friends and ex School people mainly.

Maybe Yoda should have message me so see if I want my name on this site. Btw, I have a right to keep my name private. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Yoda should have message me so see if I want my name on this site. Btw, I have a right to keep my name private. 

Have you unblocked me ?

Where did I say who you were by the way

2 hours ago, Glosrover said:

not convinced they have the cash to buy the club outright.  The fanfare in the local media last time their names emerged suggested that they were prepared to put money in under their Seneca banner for a controlling share and to then be involved in advising on the management of the club moving forwards.  That suggests to me that they needed Venkys access to bank lending to provide working capital for payment of wages, and operating costs, and for Venkys to have their personal debt retained as shares in the business.  

Not sure how the fan base would react to Venkys continuation in the club - even as a minority shareholder.  

that's miles off what was reported in the guardian article in which Battersby is quoted-there is a separate thread on here. suggest you read up first.

Regardless I think it's a separate issue to Chaddy's... differing opinions. Probably a better way to broach it would have been to blank out the name, but the point still stands that Chaddy's view was somewhat different to what he was saying! 

How it is? 

I wont be forced out anyone. I will keep supporting my team. That what that post says

Was it your comment from Twitter? Because if it was - then to an extent it is public isn't it? I mean, that's twitter, or facebook - comments out in a public place.  

Regardless - and I have mentioned that there were better ways for Yoda to highlight the discrepancy - there's still the matter of the differing views. One of which was pretty scathing. Irrespective as to how the info came out, there's still some culpability on your differing views. It's a separate issue not to be confused with how Yoda revealed things. 

How it is? 

I wont be forced out anyone. I will keep supporting my team. That what that post says

On here you claim that everyone should be treated with respect whatever their views.

On Twitter you don't appear to believe that at all.

Isn't that the point people are making?

How it is? 

Unless I've totally got this wrong - in which case whoops! I'm sorry - one of the comments agreeing with belittling people coming back was yours. If so that's not really respecting other is it? 

Actually 47er put it more succinctly - thanks. 

Just now, 47er said:

On here you claim that everyone should be treated with respect whatever their views.

On Twitter you don't appear to believe that at all.

Isn't that the point people are making?

Nail on head

Unless I've totally got this wrong - in which case whoops! I'm sorry - one of the comments agreeing with belittling people coming back was yours. If so that's not really respecting other is it? 

Actually 47er put it more succinctly - thanks. 

My comment Spot on. I was agree with this post which hasnt been posted fully enough by Yoda. 

The post I was replying to was this "

From here on out I will not be boycotting.. We rage and we complain and we hate that the Venkys are destroying us and that they never attend but are we just as much to blame for staying away and week in week out they fail? We always say the fans will outlast the owners but where are we when our team needs us? Are we there supporting the cause and making our voice heard? Or are we staying away like cowards and hoping that Venkys will sell up because of 'low crowds' @#/? Venkys, @#/? the Raos, @#/? Kentaro, @#/? SEM.. Our boys need us so let's get together, get behind the team and win this @#/?ing war against the Venkys scum!!!!'

Like Ive said before that I will not force out by Venkys, Kentaro or Sem. I will be supporting my team to the end. I hated Venkys and what they done to our club but I will not let Venkys force me out!!@

Just now, yoda said:

Stop scricking and answer the question that members are asking you

Ive answered the question..but that still didnt stop you posting my name which you have no right to do. You broke rules on here I think. 

Archived