BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Have you just ignored the last two pages of this shyte? Thought so.

No I read it all. Presume Chaddy is fully grown up so simply let him get on with it. Even you will get confused when he changes his mind, yet again, not that it matters much.

Anyway your clearly in a good mood today all the 3's. Have some porridge!

Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

No I read it all. Presume Chaddy is fully grown up so simply let him get on with it. Even you will get confused when he changes his mind, yet again, not that it matters much.

Anyway your clearly in a good mood today all the 3's. Have some porridge!

I'm full of the joys of a bleak, grey, mid-winter's day in Lanky. Does porridge vanquish trolls? I'll give anything a try. 

11 hours ago, Jock said:

Seen a lot worse at Weddings, funerals and christenings.

It was a cowardly attack.Disgusting. That fat, bald guy who punched him in the head when the steward was hauling him out should be ashamed of himself. No excuse for it.

I've  been in the "home end" at other grounds for one reason or another on occasions, not done anything silly but still celebrated when Rovers scored and nothings ever happened to me. This is how it should be.

And to think people were hoping Utd fans would get behind our protest!

M.E.N. all over this one. Very bad for our reputation.

22 hours ago, AAK said:

Yesterday showed and affirmed by belief that we should NOT be playing with two strikers, Emnes should be playing in that dropped off role every week. Mahoney should be playing every week, the lad has talent, can take on the full back, can put in the cross and is very creative. Gallagher should in no way whatsoever be used as a 'wide man'. Greer is past it. Lowe is far better at right back.

I've only been to one or two games this season, but having watched Sunday's match on TV from afar, it looked as though we had key players playing in the right positions. The shape and formation felt totally right. Unfortunately, you get the feeling that this was forced on Coyle because of injuries and so on.

21 minutes ago, 47er said:

It was a cowardly attack.Disgusting. That fat, bald guy who punched him in the head when the steward was hauling him out should be ashamed of himself. No excuse for it.

I've  been in the "home end" at other grounds for one reason or another on occasions, not done anything silly but still celebrated when Rovers scored and nothings ever happened to me. This is how it should be.

Utd fans have caused enough trouble over the years, particularly at Ewood. M.E.N are bound to be all over this nothing incident. For once they aren't the ones causing the trouble! 

For what it's worth I don't agree with it if they were sat there and minding their own business. However I speculate they probably celebrated wildly and mouthed off! 

I also agree it was a cowardly needless strike but not one that is going to cause any life threatening injuries! The bloke looked like he was unaware he had even been hit. 

Im also mystified why a Rovers fan would release the footage to the MEN and then give such a melodramatic interview?! Sure he or she isn't a Utd fan?

1 hour ago, 47er said:

If you are an away fan that is in the home end and you cheer when your team scores you are a disrespectful moron, full stop. I've done it plenty of times, both when we have won and lost, and I've not once said a word, that's how it should be. Show some courtesy and class for god sake.

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

I've only been to one or two games this season, but having watched Sunday's match on TV from afar, it looked as though we had key players playing in the right positions. The shape and formation felt totally right. Unfortunately, you get the feeling that this was forced on Coyle because of injuries and so on.

Having Guthrie and Mulgrew passing the ball properly helped a lot. Lowe was a suprise - he looked adequate. The defending on ManUres 2 goals would have shamed a Sunday Pub team.

I have watched it live and on replay and whilst an ok game its not quite the thrill a minute end to end cup tie classic being hailed. Quite pedestrian at times and MU never in trouble or out of second gear.

I am happy that we missed both Lincoln and Sutton in the Cup as had no desire for them on the CV.....

6 hours ago, RV Blue said:

If you are an away fan that is in the home end and you cheer when your team scores you are a disrespectful moron, full stop. I've done it plenty of times, both when we have won and lost, and I've not once said a word, that's how it should be. Show some courtesy and class for god sake.

Class??? Pretty classy that Rovers supporter eh?

No excuse for violence at a football game----none.

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 10:12 PM, tomphil said:

RememChelsea inho make a the  line for the Rovers end at full time after Chelsea beat us in the cup semi at OT. Straight over and applauded all our end, fans were possibly the best iv'e ever seen them that day but when do you ever see an opposing manager do that ? Class act.

I was at that game, loved the banter we had when we saw some chelesea Fans, we Also walked into a chelsea Pub with our rovers topswe Quickly walked out, also saw two rovers fans kicking off with one another after tge Game. 

Just now, roverandout said:

I was at that game, loved the banter we had when we saw some chelesea Fans, we Also walked into a chelsea Pub with our rovers topswe Quickly walked out, also saw two rovers fans kicking off with one another after tge Game. 

We parked other side of Salford Quays and walking back ran into a @#/?ed up angry looking little group of UTD fans making their way towards OT. One of those moments you think this is it fight or flight lol Fortunately when they heard the accents they were ok, only after Chelsea they said :lol:

Archived