BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he takes his son or daugther to the Rovers so fair play for that but shouldnt be telling people to boycott if he not tho. His position should be I want to boycott but it means more to me that I take child to the games. 

As a parent I enjoyed taking my step daugther to some games and she enjoyed them. She has a passion for Rovers so I want to keep this going. 

I've never told to anyone they should boycott. I've told people that if they are not happy they should protest or STFU.

If I was to boycott, I would likely walk away from football altogether. It would also be to the detriment of my lads.

But moreover, it's very difficult to be a meaningful boycotter when there are so many plastics attached to the club. How is anyone supposed to differentiate? The only way is for the boycotters to protest and then not enter the ground. We should have had 10,000 people outside the ground at the last protest. Where were they all? The fact is that we have about 200 boycotters. Max. I have the utmost respect for every single one of them but what we really need is thousands of visible protesters alongside them.

I have asked people to really think about the 18/75 late arrival/early leave because it is a visible protest and with the right numbers will have an impact. And as well as asking others to make that sacrifice, I did so myself - even though nobody else sat around us did it.

I should not be needing to defend my action over others' inaction but I have taken part in every protest to date.

Right kiwi, what exactly have you done? A question you have been conveniently ignoring to prioritise your sniping at me.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, michaelscarn said:

So enough isn't enough in your case . 

Also you can't draw parallels with you and  Glenn . He has gone out of his way to make a stand . You haven't even tried a protest . 

I will continue to support my team through the good and bad times. That is my choice

3 hours ago, michaelscarn said:

Like this Chadwick fella who needs to come to peace with the fact he just goes and has no problem with it 

or parson blue who  won't bite the hand that feeds 

I do have a problem with Venkys/advisors have done to our club. I dont feel Protests have any effect on them. They live 6000 miles away. No bothered about fans and our opinion. Never have been. 13k fans have walk away but still not bothered. 

But I am not going to let them force me out and stop me from supporting my team. I will support my club through being ST Holder and support the players. If you dont want to do then fair enough but respect need to be shown both sides

3 hours ago, CAPT KAYOS said:

I think the likes of yourself /PB and Rev need to ask the question were a large percentage  of those in attendance have been  for  over 12m  as they ain't no Rovers fans  ( as  what is always tarred you have only come  to see  Utd which I think was proven yesterday)

Tbh, I dont need to know why people attend yesterday game. Each person is entitled to do what they want and should be respect for opinion/chance

2 hours ago, JAL said:

If the two centre half's hadn't disappeared or switched off for United's goals Rovers could and maybe should have won the game.

The two corners Conway put in when Romero came and caught the ball second half where in perfect areas for someone to attack the ball and score, yet nobody did.

Enjoyed the game though !

First goal came from Conway not marking his man after United counter attack us. Greer not tracking his man. 

The 2 corners were over hit cos the player went to the near post..make you wonder if set pieces are work on alot

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I will continue to support my team through the good and bad times. That is my choice

I do have a problem with Venkys/advisors have done to our club. I dont feel Protests have any effect on them. They live 6000 miles away. No bothered about fans and our opinion. Never have been. 13k fans have walk away but still not bothered. 

But I am not going to let them force me out and stop me from supporting my team. I will support my club through being ST Holder and support the players. If you dont want to do then fair enough but respect need to be shown both sides

Tbh, I dont need to know why people attend yesterday game. Each person is entitled to do what they want and should be respect for opinion/chance

First goal came from Conway not marking his man after United counter attack us. Greer not tracking his man. 

The 2 corners were over hit cos the player went to the near post..make you wonder if set pieces are work on alot

The only set pieces they are concerned about are the jellies to go with the donuts.

Strange how they managed to up their performance against the mancs and can't or wont in the league

I watched on TV as I could not bring myself to go. Anyway as many have pointed out already where the heck is that performance week in week out. Who do you blame for the terrible weekly showings, the players, the manager or both. We know coil is limited but one of his 'talents' was supposed to be motivation FFS. I had a feeling this is what would happen the players pick themselfs up for a single TV match against a big team. My finger is pointing right at coil.

I still think these player have enough to get us out of this if they put the effort in.

The problem with that TV performance is that all looks well at plucky little rovers. I'm sick of saying this but a win is a must on Friday (geeeeze).

Chaddy protesting is a long game. How can you say it won't affect them. It's a kop out to use that excuse. It's already proven that the few hundred who have put time and effort in are finally getting the required pressure from MPs and the media to at least start digging up a few skeletons. Eventually something will have to give. Imagine if that few hundred was ten thousand. I like your posts and optimism and your clear passion for all things rover's. That passion could be better used on helping the fight for our club instead of hiding behind poor excuses. You can still support the team. If you don't want to protest that is also fine but don't pretend it is for any other reason than you can't be arsed especially knowing everything you know

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Chaddy protesting is a long game. How can you say it won't affect them. It's a kop out to use that excuse. It's already proven that the few hundred who have put time and effort in are finally getting the required pressure from MPs and the media to at least start digging up a few skeletons. Eventually something will have to give. Imagine if that few hundred was ten thousand. I like your posts and optimism and your clear passion for all things rover's. That passion could be better used on helping the fight for our club instead of hiding behind poor excuses. You can still support the team. If you don't want to protest that is also fine but don't pretend it is for any other reason than you can't be arsed

Errrrr....... how about no.

I don't see the point in protesting and driving Venky's away from the Club tomorrow just so we can go bust on Wednesday.

If people are prepared to run that risk it's up to them. I'm not.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't see the point in protesting and driving Venky's away from the Club tomorrow just so we can go bust on Wednesday.

Come on man, how have you got any idea as to whether or not we would go bust?

33 minutes ago, AAK said:

Yesterday showed and affirmed by belief that we should NOT be playing with two strikers, Emnes should be playing in that dropped off role every week. Mahoney should be playing every week, the lad has talent, can take on the full back, can put in the cross and is very creative. Gallagher should in no way whatsoever be used as a 'wide man'. Greer is past it. Lowe is far better at right back.

Got to agree with all of that.

It's about putting pressure on to sell , do something for the betterment of the club before it goes bust in the very near future But you keep your head in the sand pal. We want our club back and build it back up to a respectable family orientated club. Your obviously happy making some Indians and agents rich that would rather spit on you than shake your hand and thank you for your support

• Backroom

While this is a completely understandable fear, it's not much of a concern for protesters (and, we believe, the wider fanbase) because for Venkys to actually leave requires one of two things:

1. They sell us. Meaning someone else owns us, so we haven't gone bust and we may just get better owners (I don't believe anyone could be worse).

Or

2. They put us into administration. Dunnfc has extolled the potential outcomes of administration, but (imo) the most likely is that we are bought for £1 and have new owners. At the very least, we've had 2 enquiries from the Ians and Battersby is still hovering (as evidenced by his willingness to discuss the club publicly).

I'm not saying it will be easy, nor do I believe we will automatically have success. But I believe it will be better than the current death by by 1000 cuts, and we'd have a club with HOPE of success again. Even if that success comes from a lower starting point.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought that Feeny missing a tackle in uniteds half led too the first goal,he should have took everything man and ball.

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Chaddy protesting is a long game. How can you say it won't affect them. It's a kop out to use that excuse. It's already proven that the few hundred who have put time and effort in are finally getting the required pressure from MPs and the media to at least start digging up a few skeletons. Eventually something will have to give. Imagine if that few hundred was ten thousand. I like your posts and optimism and your clear passion for all things rover's. That passion could be better used on helping the fight for our club instead of hiding behind poor excuses. You can still support the team. If you don't want to protest that is also fine but don't pretend it is for any other reason than you can't be arsed especially knowing everything you know

Think Man Utd are the biggest reason for the recent upsurge in media interest. Let us see if it continues...

4 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I thought that Feeny missing a tackle in uniteds half led too the first goal,he should have took everything man and ball.

Shocking from him, he should have won the ball but if not the United player should have been on the deck. Sometimes you have to take a booking.

10 minutes ago, klc_2012 said:

Think Man Utd are the biggest reason for the recent upsurge in media interest. Let us see if it continues...

It's a fair point. Although after the talksport interview Jim white would have to be a brave man to not back up such audiatious promises. With all going on in football from Sam losing the England job and awareness of rover's continued growth, the way newspapers have started reporting I'd be surprised if some investigative journalist wouldn't be rubbing their hands at this story. It's sure to lead to higher profile players, clubs etc. You may be right but I pray your wrong

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

It's a fair point. Although after the talksport interview Jim white would have to be a brave man to not back up such audiatious promises. With all going on in football from Sam losing the England job and awareness of rover's continued growth, the way newspapers have started reporting I'd be surprised if some investigative journalist wouldn't be rubbing their hands at this story. It's sure to lead to higher profile players, clubs etc. You may be right but I pray your wrong

Unless the Man Ure performance keeps Coyle in a job he would otherwise have been sacked from I can't see any downside to the increased media attention arising out of the game which has highlighted our plight.

Talksport have actually been rattling on about unsuitable and incompetent foreign owners for a while, they just haven't focused on us before, they've focused on the likes of Leeds and Forest with bigger fan bases and more listeners and Southern based Clubs like Charlton with them being a London based station.

37 minutes ago, Mike E said:

While this is a completely understandable fear, it's not much of a concern for protesters (and, we believe, the wider fanbase) because for Venkys to actually leave requires one of two things:

1. They sell us. Meaning someone else owns us, so we haven't gone bust and we may just get better owners (I don't believe anyone could be worse).

Or

2. They put us into administration. Dunnfc has extolled the potential outcomes of administration, but (imo) the most likely is that we are bought for £1 and have new owners. At the very least, we've had 2 enquiries from the Ians and Battersby is still hovering (as evidenced by his willingness to discuss the club publicly).

I'm not saying it will be easy, nor do I believe we will automatically have success. But I believe it will be better than the current death by by 1000 cuts, and we'd have a club with HOPE of success again. Even if that success comes from a lower starting point.

It's a good argument in theory but my understanding is you can't just go into administration and carry on merrily as before as if nothing had happened.

Firstly any creditors have to accept a rescue package to take so much in the pound etc. Secondly and perhaps more significantly from our point of view the administrator has to be satisfied there is a financially viable business going forward after restructuring so even if Venky's write off their portion of the debt we couldn't carry on as we are now losing 1m per month without some forms of external assistance, the administrator would see after a period of trading it was hopeless and just wind us up.

• Backroom

Good counter!

The reason I hold out hope is that no club has disappeared yet. We may be the first, but I don't believe we would be. I admit, it's pure hunch but the records so far are in our favour.

2 hours ago, Al said:

It's obvious to you and to me that we don't win many headers in the opponents penalty area but why is it not to Coyle who dictates the tactics? It's also another reason not to play Feeney who has no other tactic than to cross the ball and we NEVER win a header from them. Mahony on the other hand can take the ball closer and play to feet. It's blindingly obvious to me.

Absolutely Al, the corner and free kick routines need to be revised. 

It's a good argument in theory but my understanding is you can't just go into administration and carry on merrily as before as if nothing had happened.

Firstly any creditors have to accept a rescue package to take so much in the pound etc. Secondly and perhaps more significantly from our point of view the administrator has to be satisfied there is a financially viable business going forward after restructuring so even if Venky's write off their portion of the debt we couldn't carry on as we are now losing 1m per month without some forms of external assistance, the administrator would see after a period of trading it was hopeless and just wind us up.

Theoretically more viable in leagues 1/2? (tinhat brought with me from other thread)

I left ewood feeling dejected yesterday, we didn't perform like that at Rotherham and a number of other vital games, factor that with the collective amnesia of our fan base. No protests visible no banners just business as usual until we go to league one. Also didn't recognise most of the people sat around me. How many will be back for Derby and Wigan....

Archived