BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

Just now, mick duffs said:

feeney was one of the best players today and recently. emnes gets coated as well. throughout this thread, wankers slagging players even before the game starts. Not just you, plenty who call themselves fans don't analyse objectively but just can't wait to call out their hated players.

Feeney played well today and against Newcastle. However he's been god awful recently like the majority of his time here. Same applies to Lowe although in both the Newcastle game and today we saw the massive benefit of not playing Lowe in midfield.

Ive said before that, Mulgrew aside, Guthrie is as good a midfielder as we have (and he's not exactly great) but Coyle doesn't want to play him. He also hasn't wanted to play Mahoney and Tomlinson all season. 

Besides, all the 'wanker' was doing was giving his opinions on the players in the starting XI.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm sorry but don't be such a cry baby. You're perfectly entitled to protest, hand out cards or do whatever you want but If people don't have the same opinion as you its one of those things.

Not something to play the victim card about.

So people can talk to him any way they please and if he complains then he's being a cry-baby? 

Whatever happened to civility and disagreeing honourably? 

Where would you draw the line? 

Just now, mick duffs said:

feeney was one of the best players today and recently. emnes gets coated as well. throughout this thread, wankers slagging players even before the game starts. Not just you, plenty who call themselves fans don't analyse objectively but just can't wait to call out their hated players.

Thanks for the reply Mick. I don't take too kindly being called a wanker. I don't rate feeney that is my opinion the same way you are entitled to yours. Yes feeney was good today worked his socks off. I cheered him in today as I do with any player who we use. I don't hate any player who pulls on a Blackburn Jersey. I will back the team to the hilt.

Even if we the unthinkable does happen and we do get relegated I will not shy away from supporting our lads no matter who does. I will still try get to as many games as possible throughout the season.

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not at all. Some people want to protest. Some don't.  I can't see why the protesters can't get their heads round the fact some people have a different opinion to their own and are reduced to hurling insults like Mike and labelling non protesters as being mentally defective in some way.

Excuse me? Where did I do ANY of that?

I thought Feeney was poor to be honest and if that's him playing well Christ he's bad normally. He's fast which usually gives the impression players are better than they are but his crossing is diabolical and his touch is heavy. 

I thought Mahoney, mulgrew and emnes were good. Graham took his goal well but doesn't hold the ball up well enough especially for a fat lad. Tomlinson looked decent for his cameo as well.

Greer is so slow I reckon the old man would do him in a 100m race. 

I was with Mike Neal and talk sport Dave today... Flyers flew throughout our hands, every single one went to a fan.

What I noticed was club colours I.e those in rovers gear took these and even came up for some.  the Asian population took these too.

problem lies with one gamers who think going to football in crag hoppers and a flask of coffee somehow passifies being above everyone.

these types and in 14 years of supporting Blackburn and the town have I ever seen our fans show such rudeness.

Il battle on there even if I'm last man standing as I won't let my club die

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not changed my opinion. Can do it against the big boys when the cameras are watching, but only produces the odd cameo here and there otherwise. As I keep saying, let's see how he performs Friday night.

This is down to the manager surely? Same with Graham's weight.

We haven't much of a squad but fitness, organisation, better selection would make a world of difference.

Not possible to motivate the players unless the basics are right.

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

We haven't much of a squad but fitness, organisation, better selection would make a world of difference.

Precisely! Didn't Burnley get promoted playing something like 16 players all season?

Just now, 47er said:

The weight/fitness I agree with. Sure, shrewd management is also key,but an individual should be able to motivate themselves. We have too many fair weather players in our ranks which is why, combined with poor management, we always seem to come out second best in crunch matches. We desperately need this to change big time come Friday night. 

3 hours ago, Al said:

We have to try to sign Emnes at the end of the season if we stay up. He's a free agent then.

signed him up

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

No we're not good enough. Performances are irrelevant. We keep giving goals away. 

The squad is more than good enough. no more excuses

2 hours ago, DE. said:

We aren't playing Man Utd most of the season. It isn't hard for the players to motivate themselves to play against United. Burton, Wigan, Rotherham, etc, on the other hand...

Then the players need to be drop with that kind of awful attitude

2 hours ago, Jbizzle said:

It was very similar to normal, play well but make stupid mistakes from poor defensive errors. United played poorly but it doesn't matter if a team can't be organised.

If Coyle stays, next 15 games will see us relegated. 

Don't see Coyle being sacked any time soon but we need wins now. No more excuses from Coyle

24 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Enjoyed the game today far more than I thought I would.  I thought we played as well as we could and the atmosphere was excellent.  This shows that we can do it but we need to do it when it matters in League games starting at Burton on Friday night.  I came away from Ewood feeling much happier than I have for some time.  Sorry that Mike E got abuse.  No need for that.  If you don't want to take part in the protest then simply ignore it but no need to abuse those who do.

Yes we did played well today but we need to do this on Friday and Tuesday. No more excuses now. just get on with it

34 minutes ago, Mike E said:

So it's okay to call someone a dickhead when for giving out leaflets? Charming.

I've had enough over the last few years, today was a tipping point for me. There is NO NEED to insult someone holding paper. Civil disagreement is fine but I should not be insulted for my efforts.

No need for people abuse you or anyone. just show some respect and don't be nasty. If you don't want to a take a leaflet just say no thanks mate. I'm sure Mike wouldn't be offended by this sort of comment

19 minutes ago, JAL said:

What did Feeney do aplogies in advance as I must have missed it !

He put in some decent/good crosses today. Thought he had a better game than Conway.

Just now, 47er said:

Why should Graham depend on the manager to stop himself getting unfit and overweight? Doesn't he have any pride in himself?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

signed him up

The squad is more than good enough. no more excuses

Then the players need to be drop with that kind of awful attitude

Don't see Coyle being sacked any time soon but we need wins now. No more excuses from Coyle

Yes we did played well today but we need to do this on Friday and Tuesday. No more excuses now. just get on with it

No need for people abuse you or anyone. just show some respect and don't be nasty. If you don't want to a take a leaflet just say no thanks mate. I'm sure Mike wouldn't be offended by this sort of comment

He put in some decent/good crosses today. Thought he had a better game than Conway.

Feeney was in no way better than Conway both very similar though.

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Hope it was the chaps in the box in BBE!  What a set of twohats

If any of them looked Asian they were Blackburn lads.

The Blackburn reds were buzzing for this game of which quite a few I know.

Lawro made the point that if premiership players don't motivate themselves, a championship team will punish. That's what happened today but as time went on Utd were always going to gain in skill. 

Graham's goal was brilliant. We don't often see players with that much room in championship games.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Excuse me? Where did I do ANY of that?

It's pretty obvious from your postings that you have no respect whatsoever for an individual's right not to actively protest and you say you wont sit next to people who won't protest next season etc yet you expect to be afforded the utmost courtesy when handing out unsolicited material outside the ground to people who may not have exactly the same views as you.

I'd say if you feel handing stuff out like that on an unsolicited basis is the right thing to do then by all means go for it but I wouldn't have thought you could be too surprised if you got a bit of gip handing out unsolicited material anywhere at any time in any situation.

Archived