BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I find it astonishing that so-called "professionals" get out of shape. As a decent amateur player I loved playing the game and kept in the best shape I could. My weight never shifted and I trained hard. The likes of Graham who become overweight shows to me they have no pride in their profession and it also shows why the likes of Lincoln can beat a Premier League club. The pro game is rotten to the core IMO.  

Spot on Jim. 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

I find it astonishing that so-called "professionals" get out of shape. As a decent amateur player I loved playing the game and kept in the best shape I could. My weight never shifted and I trained hard. The likes of Graham who become overweight shows to me they have no pride in their profession and it also shows why the likes of Lincoln can beat a Premier League club. The pro game is rotten to the core IMO.  

I suspect a lot of it is that amateurs still dream whereas the pros have 'Made It' Syndrome. Especially with the ridiculous money involved at the top level in England.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Lowe was captaining England youth sides at one point so he clearly had some potential. Henley looked decent as a kid but needed to be loaned out to toughen up. Never was and is now a weak, ineffectual player.

As for Hanley, he would have been on over £20k a week here anyway. Not sure how much better he could have been considering his overall on-pitch intelligence, but it would have been interesting to see what a manager like Allardyce or Pulis could have done with him.

Did you watch him for England? I remember watching him in an England u20 tournament and I knew he'd be poor there and then. Played in exactly the same way he does now, get the ball and pass it back, poor poor player. Henley had a decent game vs United when he beat them but hasn't done anything since. Hanley's a decent Championship player, not sure anyone ever believed he'd be any more than that. Mahoney needs to play games and where better to do that than at Rovers, where all the fans actively want you to do well (because he's a Blackburn lad), unlike at another club where he'd just be another player?

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why isn't there a clause in their contract where if you are over a certain weight you don't get paid? Seems incredibly stupid to me that there isn't.

• Backroom
Just now, RV Blue said:

Mahoney needs to play games and where better to do that than at Rovers, where all the fans actively want you to do well (because he's a Blackburn lad), unlike at another club where he'd just be another player?

Where better to do that? Well, pretty much anywhere considering he barely plays here! The fans don't pick the team so singing his name and wanting him to do well does nothing for his future development. We'd all like Connor to stay as he clearly has talent, but quite simply he'd have to be mad to want to stay at this circus. 

Mulgrew, emnes and Feeney (yes Feeney) where fantastic today. Mahoney looks like he could run defences ragged in our league and needs to be given a proper chance. He was turning players inside out when he came on. How after his recent performances there not tying this lad down for the next few years is beyond me, especially where we are heading and from the owners point of view sell on potential.Tomlinson looked positive and composed, nice to see him get on the pitch. Everybody else deserves praise to. Good effort all round. Let's see if the same levels of effort are their Friday night on a game far more important than today.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Did you watch him for England? I remember watching him in an England u20 tournament and I knew he'd be poor there and then. Played in exactly the same way he does now, get the ball and pass it back, poor poor player. Henley had a decent game vs United when he beat them but hasn't done anything since. Hanley's a decent Championship player, not sure anyone ever believed he'd be any more than that. Mahoney needs to play games and where better to do that than at Rovers, where all the fans actively want you to do well (because he's a Blackburn lad), unlike at another club where he'd just be another player?

Hanley was in excellent form under Lambert and was our best player before he went to Newcastle. He and Duffy have been sorely missed this season. 

Just now, DE. said:

Where better to do that? Well, pretty much anywhere considering he barely plays here! The fans don't pick the team so singing his name and wanting him to do well does nothing for his future development. We'd all like Connor to stay as he clearly has talent, but quite simply he'd have to be mad to want to stay at this circus. 

He's going to have to play.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Enjoy getting beat in a very predictable way by a United side that were really poor? So enjoyable.

It was a cracking game of football.  Everyone around me thoroughly enjoyed it and like myself, thought we played well considering our plight.  It is possible to enjoy games even when you lose.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

It was a cracking game of football.  Everyone around me thoroughly enjoyed it and like myself, thought we played well considering our plight.  It is possible to enjoy games even when you lose.

You keep saying 'everyone around me', do you sit in the happy clapper's corner or something? No one around me thoroughly enjoyed it at all, most were 'meh'.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

It was the most enjoyable game I've seen at Ewood this year by a mile.  That said, it was also a bit of a 'free hit' as we had absolutely nothing to lose.  Lets see how the players react Friday when the pressure is really on.  

Just now, DE. said:

Not as long as Super Liam Feeney is fit. 

Mahoney will be starting vs Burton and it's up to him to prove he should stay in the team. Although we all know Coyle won't know whether he's played well or not, but hopefully he won't be here much longer.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It was the most enjoyable game I've seen at Ewood this year by a mile.  That said, it was also a bit of a 'free hit' as we had absolutely nothing to lose.  Lets see how the players react Friday when the pressure is really on.  

This year as in 2017?

It was last week and the useless set of T**ts got a 1-1 with Rotherham

My most enjoyable game will be the one that assures us safety from relegation.

Just now, RV Blue said:

You keep saying 'everyone around me', do you sit in the happy clapper's corner or something? No one around me thoroughly enjoyed it at all, most were 'meh'.

Clearly, you sit with folk who don't appreciate a good game of football.  Everyone I spoke to after the game agreed it was a cracking cup-tie and a really good performance from the lads.  Now they have to produce the same sort of performance on Friday and for the rest of the season.  Personally, I'm going to be travelling to Burton with a little bit of renewed hope.

Archived