BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Just the opposite. Much harder to trim the expenses to match reduced income.

My reasoning was/is that the players wages are the biggest expense and wages in L1/2 "should" be seriously lower (like 15-20million lower) whilst income will reduce by around 5-10 million compared to the Championship. I could be completely wrong...

Most people on here would pick Guthrie and Mulgrew as first choice in central midfield. 

Coil has consistently picked Lowe, Akpan,Evans ahead of them in that position.

Wasnt a coincidence that Emnes and Graham got so much better quality supply down the middle to feet than normal.

17 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

It was a cracking game of football.  Everyone around me thoroughly enjoyed it and like myself, thought we played well considering our plight.  It is possible to enjoy games even when you lose.

Everyone around you ... depends who's around you . E.g. 20/7/15

17 hours ago, RV Blue said:

You keep saying 'everyone around me', do you sit in the Rovers Fan's corner or something? No one around me thoroughly enjoyed it at all, most were 'meh'.

Interesting question . Highlights the agenda . On 20/7/15 was I opposite the dug out or behind ? I was opposite . Where was mj

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbh, I dont need to know why people attend yesterday game. Each person is entitled to do what they want and should be respect for opinion/chance

You don't really mean that though do you !

chaddy.jpg

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Errrrr....... how about no.

I don't see the point in protesting and driving Venky's away from the Club tomorrow just so we can go bust on Wednesday.

If people are prepared to run that risk it's up to them. I'm not.

Actually that's a really interesting insight.

So, I have to infer that you want Venkys to continue as owners? Is this correct?

So that must mean that you hope that at some point they will do the right thing and sell us to somebody who will run the club properly? Or they will somehow wake up one day and decide to run the club properly themselves - from Blackburn, not India? What basis do you have for this? Especially when all they have done so far is to reduce us to a shell our ourselves and only look like doing it further.

In my own more deluded moments I have wondered about what alternative future might bring (ruling out Administration). Perhaps relegation and losing the high player contracts at the end of this season will be a blessing? High earners gone and a level of football that our youngsters can compete in. Except the best prospects, of course, are likely to leave. But then I walk that one through and think: they won't sell until they get their money back and there is still over £100m of debt and we are no better off. So let's roll on further. Let's say we keep our better prospects like Mahoney (currently not signing a new deal - despite being a true blue Rovers fan - plus Venkys record regarding players at the end of their contracts), Nyambe and Tomlinson et al. There is still no money to spend on League One plodders so we struggle by - with a Blackpoolesque recruitment policy. But let's be optimistic and say that's enough to compete with two of Wigan, Rotherham and Burton and the other city clubs in League One, and we get promoted. Has the debt reduced? Will our League One squad be able to stay up in the Championship? Do those players not expect a pay rise commensurate with Championship standards? Would they even want promotion back to the Championship - given that's where we are now and they won't bring in, and back, a manager. Seems an unlikely scenario to me.

So that leaves, League One and cutting our cloth (again). Bye bye Mahoney and Nyambe, cheerio, any one of value with 12 months left on their contract. We are now a mid-table League One team with overheads we can't afford and struggle against relegation to the bottom division, and humiliation with Coyle still selling us his claptrap about being unlucky or never getting relegated. At which point the whole cycle starts again. Fans falling away in further thousands, the boycotters (now a large percentage of the fanbase) still boycotting, and another round of cuts.

Given all of that pain and anguish, going bust on a Wednesday, and a Phoenix club (or post-admin club) seems preferable. At least half the hardcore might return and help rebuild. As it is we are on a slow motion trip to non-league football but that's preferable because... actually I'm struggling as to why that is preferable. Because losing players, matches and league status doesn't seem like much fun at all.

21 minutes ago, yoda said:

You don't really mean that though do you !

chaddy.jpg

Firstly thanks for posting my name without any permission from myself. I did want to keep it private which is my right btw..

Secondly my comment was a reply to this post

From here on out I will not be boycotting.. We rage and we complain and we hate that the Venkys are destroying us and that they never attend but are we just as much to blame for staying away and week in week out they fail? We always say the fans will outlast the owners but where are we when our team needs us? Are we there supporting the cause and making our voice heard? Or are we staying away like cowards and hoping that Venkys will sell up because of 'low crowds' @#/? Venkys, @#/? the Raos, @#/? Kentaro, @#/? SEM.. Our boys need us so let's get together, get behind the team and win this @#/?ing war against the Venkys scum!!!!

I wont post his name cos I dont believe it is right without his direct permission. Maybe I more respect for people to keep their names private

Stuart, I  think its obvious no one still WANTS Venky's as owners currently given their track record to date, but if no - one is willing to buy  the Club off them then we are where we are in the short term.

I've explained my fears about administration on the other thread. I'd rather survive in any form and wait for them to leave than be gone forever.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Stuart, I  think its obvious no one still WANTS Venky's as owners currently given their track record to date, but if no - one is willing to buy  the Club off them then we are where we are in the short term.

I've explained my fears about administration on the other thread. I'd rather survive in any form and wait for them to leave than be gone forever.

How do you know there are no potential owners out there Rev? You don't, so why keep arguing that point?

try starting with "there could very well be someone, somewhere willing to take the club on, so..............."

what would you insert there?

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Most people on here would pick Guthrie and Mulgrew as first choice in central midfield. 

Coil has consistently picked Lowe, Akpan,Evans ahead of them in that position.

Wasnt a coincidence that Emnes and Graham got so much better quality supply down the middle to feet than normal.

I would pick Evans and Mulgrew in centre midfield. wouldn't have Lowe in there tbh.

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Chaddy protesting is a long game. How can you say it won't affect them. It's a kop out to use that excuse. It's already proven that the few hundred who have put time and effort in are finally getting the required pressure from MPs and the media to at least start digging up a few skeletons. Eventually something will have to give. Imagine if that few hundred was ten thousand. I like your posts and optimism and your clear passion for all things rover's. That passion could be better used on helping the fight for our club instead of hiding behind poor excuses. You can still support the team. If you don't want to protest that is also fine but don't pretend it is for any other reason than you can't be arsed especially knowing everything you know

The protest have been going for 6 years on and off tbh.

was the media only interested we played Man Utd?

I suspect that Nick Harris has info on Venkys and other advisors but cant used it due to Court injunction.

I have email and Tweeted Graham Jones MP plenty of times about Venkys ownership. I will be email Graham Jones this week about Rovers

I will always support my team whatever diversion we are in.

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It's about putting pressure on to sell , do something for the betterment of the club before it goes bust in the very near future But you keep your head in the sand pal. We want our club back and build it back up to a respectable family orientated club. Your obviously happy making some Indians and agents rich that would rather spit on you than shake your hand and thank you for your support

If Venkys were selling the club then I would want Ian Battersby and Ian Currie to buy the club.

19 hours ago, JAL said:

Should Steele have come out and narrowed the angle making the goals smaller for United's second ? Seemed rooted to the spot making the goals look bigger than ever for Zlatan to score.

Question is why, one more than one occasion, did Zlatan find himself with yards.of space.  Hiw do you leave ine of the world's deadliest strikers unmarked time and again.  Steele should have done better though.

Just now, den said:

How do you know there are no potential owners out there Rev? You don't, so why keep arguing that point?

try starting with "there could very well be someone, somewhere willing to take the club on, so..............."

what would you insert there?

I've already said den. There might be but equally imo there might not be. There's a big difference between people who would be willing to take it on and those who would be willing and can actually afford it.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

If Venkys were selling the club then I would want Ian Battersby and Ian Currie to buy the club.

not convinced they have the cash to buy the club outright.  The fanfare in the local media last time their names emerged suggested that they were prepared to put money in under their Seneca banner for a controlling share and to then be involved in advising on the management of the club moving forwards.  That suggests to me that they needed Venkys access to bank lending to provide working capital for payment of wages, and operating costs, and for Venkys to have their personal debt retained as shares in the business.  

Not sure how the fan base would react to Venkys continuation in the club - even as a minority shareholder.  

Just now, USABlue said:

Question is why, one more than one occasion, did Zlatan find himself with yards.of space.  Hiw do you leave ine of the world's deadliest strikers unmarked time and again.  Steele should have done better though.

There's two types of keeper for me and if you can have both attributes blended into one goalie then he's the man for me. That's an athletic leaps like a cat with fighter pilot reflexes and the other is he's an out and out nutter who'll wipe out anyone daft enough to come before him regardless of their size.  Steele doesn't tick any of these boxes for me which calls into question so called professional judgement.

Just now, JAL said:

There's two types of keeper for me and if you can have both attributes blended into one goalie then he's the man for me. That's an athletic leaps like a cat with fighter pilot reflexes and the other is he's an out and out nutter who'll wipe out anyone daft enough to come before him regardless of their size.  Steele doesn't tick any of these boxes for me which calls into question so called professional judgement.

The best keeper I played with, always told the defenders exactly where he wanted them and what he wanted them to do.

Just now, rigger said:

The best keeper I played with, always told the defenders exactly where he wanted them and what he wanted them to do.

Definitely rigger all keepers must be constantly communicating commanding with their defences as standard procedure just don't know of any keepers that don't do this.

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

One point I would make (although it isn't an obvious one to many).

We've had 4 enquiries to purchase the club in Venkys tenure: The Qataris, Ian and Seneca x2, and the McNairs.

Closer to home, there is a lot of wealth a@#/? certain 100 club members who claim they would step in to help should it be needed.

My gut (not worth a damn, I admit) is that it'll be a hard but successful slog.

Arsenal's team v Sutton is some sort of joke and disrespectful to the FA Cup and their opponents. They may well win easily but that's not the point and Arsenal and their like who field virtual reserve teams should be fined heavily for devaluing what used to be a fantastic competition. . 

The red card protest wasn't helped by stewards, in the JW telling folk (me) to take them down - because they thought we were Man U supporters.

To be fair to them (stewards) - there were a lot of man u fans in the JW.

Where I was sat in the JW, I had a good all round view - I didn't see one red card raised.

Archived