BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] JFK Shooting

I've been gripped by the whole Americana stuff for years now, JFK, Bobby Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King/James Earl Ray, Charles Manson etc, fascinating stuff and what must it have been like to live through those times, major figures being assassinated in front of everyone's eyes?

Not got much time to get into this at the moment, but I'm certain Oswald was the only shooter on the day in question, but in no way did he work alone. The conspiracy theories are convincing, no doubt about that, but I'm certain you can't cover up an assassination of the US President for all these years, someone would have talked, something would have been unearthed to prove the theory.

I was lucky enough to visit Dealey Plaza a couple of years back and stood in the window where Oswald shot from and it was easy to make those shots, which contradicts so much of the evidence put forward and finally convinced me that he did it alone.

There's an interesting video of James Files, a prisoner who was supposedly part of organised crime, confessing to being the one who shot JFK. It's not totally convincing, but interesting nonetheless and adds a bit more meat to the conspiracy bones.

It's a 2 hour job though, so watch it when you've got nothing else to do! :lol:

Dave Reitzes outlines what he says are 100 errors of fact and judgement of the JFK movie:

http://jfk-online.com/jfk100menu.html

That said,  it is a very good movie. In my opinion, the assassination has largely been sorted out, Oswald likely did it by himself.

It's good to read defenders of the long gunman theory and conspiracy theories; and then, try to judge it for oneself.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I've been gripped by the whole Americana stuff for years now, JFK, Bobby Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King/James Earl Ray, Charles Manson etc, fascinating stuff and what must it have been like to live through those times, major figures being assassinated in front of everyone's eyes?

Not got much time to get into this at the moment, but I'm certain Oswald was the only shooter on the day in question, but in no way did he work alone. The conspiracy theories are convincing, no doubt about that, but I'm certain you can't cover up an assassination of the US President for all these years, someone would have talked, something would have been unearthed to prove the theory.

I was lucky enough to visit Dealey Plaza a couple of years back and stood in the window where Oswald shot from and it was easy to make those shots, which contradicts so much of the evidence put forward and finally convinced me that he did it alone.

Interseting, because I was completely the opposite. When I went to the 6th floor museum and looked out of the window I thought there was  no way he could have been so accurate within that time frame. It convinced me he couldn't have acted alone

Lone shooter? Was he pump! The magic bullet theory?

There were 6 shots if my memory serves me correctly.

JFK had upset the power brokers, the mafia who had helped elect him, the CIA who love continued wars and the whole caboodle managed to blame it on the communists!

A dark day in America's history.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've followed the controversy extensively. I remember exactly where I was on that Friday night when the news came through. I can't believe that Oswald was the lone gunman.

I was just 11 years old but remember it vividly. I was watching TV at home and the news was on reporting the shooting with a photo of JFK on. I lived in a small village and only a few homes had TV in those days. The local social club had one so I ran down there and told them to get the TV switched on as my Dad and others were playing snooker or listening to 45s on the Jukie.

The mafia and the Cubans did it;)

And JFKs disgrace of  brother Ted who lied about a girls death to cover up his infidelity. He kept that lie throughout his life.

I was in a coffee bar ( wow, that dates me ) looking at a friends copy of The Beatles 2nd LP ( the one with the black and white faces ) which had just come out that day. Somebody came in and announced that The President had been shot. This would be about 7.30 that night. We didn't know he had been shot dead at that time.

When I got home I found out President Kennedy was dead. Who shot him is probably the greatest mystery of the century.

Don't believe for one minute he was alone.  If the official verdict is correct then Oswald accurately fired three shots in a matter of seconds over a distance of 80+ meters at a target moving away from him! I've no experience with anything other than air rifles and hitting clay things in a field but a mate of mine was on armed response and he's been to the Plaza and done the window thing, his opinion was you'd need to be a very skilled shooter with a very good weapon.  Oswald was an average shooter in the Marines and his gun was a bodge job.   

He qualified as a sharpshooter in 1956 in the Marines, his skills may have deteriorated but he had practice to dry fire his rifle.  If he knew any heavies involved, there is little or no record of this anywhere.

http://www.22november1963.org.uk/lee-harvey-oswald-marksman-sharpshooter

This can all be researched on the net; furthermore, I don't plug other forums but there is a JFK assassination forum, forum owner Duncan from Scotland.  Lots of books, it's a cottage industry, hundreds if not thousands.

http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=b7f2529fe9681d5bb0dfb5d8e28093a0;www

I watched a documentary a couple of years back that proved beyond a doubt that it was possible to fire off the rounds from the school book depository because they actually did it, you didn't have to be an expert marksman as many had said over the years.

The magic bullet theory was also explained and it left me swaying over to the side of the Warren Commission findings that Oswald was the lone shooter. He was apprehended a short distance away in a local cinema having killed a policeman on route, not the actions of an innocent man.

I'm a firm believer that the truth eventually comes out, so if it was a conspiracy why after all these years hasn't the actual truth come out?

A theory is oswald was a patsy. He was innocent. Someone told me and this is not my opinion, that the jews were behind jfks murder as he was interfering in the banking. The jewish bankers were subsidising isreal with billions and they wanted to put a stop to any interfereance

18 hours ago, Gav said:

I watched a documentary a couple of years back that proved beyond a doubt that it was possible to fire off the rounds from the school book depository because they actually did it, you didn't have to be an expert marksman as many had said over the years.

The magic bullet theory was also explained and it left me swaying over to the side of the Warren Commission findings that Oswald was the lone shooter. He was apprehended a short distance away in a local cinema having killed a policeman on route, not the actions of an innocent man.

I'm a firm believer that the truth eventually comes out, so if it was a conspiracy why after all these years hasn't the actual truth come out?

The policeman looked like JFK apparently and his body was swapped for the Presidents mid-flight. Pictured at the morgue the Presidents head was still mainly intact!

The mafia believed they helped elect Kennedy, then Bobby started hounding them. Ruby was mafia connected.

The CIA never want peace and the Bush family were involved back then. The whole new world order was threatened by Kennedy. 

Oswald was a patsy, known to the CIA, thrown to the wolves.

I dont believe Oswald did it. 

I think the Army and CIA were more involved and properly the ones behind it. Didnt JFK wreck the CIA and Army plans to invade Cuba? He didnt want to invade Vietham either? The CIA and Army wanted to didnt they?

Didnt JFK not fire Warren from his job?

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this thread. Good work Chaddy!

Oswald was in my opinion a low level CIA operative and was duped into the role of patsy just as he said. I believe that the CIA / Mafia plot to kill Castro was simply turned back on JFK. Both the afore -mentioned wanted him dead. Wiretaps on  a mafia don confirm this as he is taped describing how the president is to be killed. "A rifle shot from a tall building; they will pick up some nut soon after and pin it on him".

Oswald was seen by police officer Marion Baker within 90 seconds of the final shot. He was in the 2nd floor lunchroom of the huge warehouse- 4 floors down from the so called sniper's nest. He was drinking a coke purchased from a vending machine in the lunchroom, was unruffled and calm. 

Bobby Kennedy phoned a CIA chief minutes after hearing of his brother's slaying and said "your guys did this". He recognised the plot for what it was but could never publicly reveal this as he was already complicit in the attempts against Castro. 

Oswald was stalked by mafia man Jack Ruby whilst in police custody. Jack was instructed to silence Oswald by his bosses ( they made him an offer he couldn't refuse!) 

No way could Lee get the three shots off in the alloted time frame. Marine sharpshooters have reanacted this many times over without success. When you add the pure stress and adrenalin it is doubly difficult. 

Oswald was a peculiar character and was involved with some shady people but I believe he thought he was on the side of the good guys. 

I have studied the case since '88 and have seen some fantastic pieces of work. A good place to start is a nine part documentary on youtube- 'The men who killed kennedy' Interestingly, the family of LBJ won an injunction against one of these episodes preventing it ever being screened on TV. 

Some interesting points raised Colt, good read.

I don't for one minute think Oswald shot Kennedy and thats the end of the story, many more murky details sit in the background, but having had more than a passing interest from a similar amount of time I'm now a firm believer Oswald was the only shooter. 

Having visited the building, which is much smaller than i ever imagined, and seen the 'snipers nest' its not that difficult to have fired the shots accurately in this case, how on earth a sharp shooter failed this test is beyond me, in fact I don't believe that bit of evidence, although I did see the program. 

Oswald left the book depository walked 7 blocks and boarded a bus and then got into a cab. Officer Tippet approached Oswald and was shot 4 times, once on the head, why was Oswald carrying a gun and why would he kill a police officer? If he was innocent?

Ruby was a low level hood and nightclub owner, he wasn't 'a made man' and far to much was made of his mafia links. He was a patriot though and killed Oswald because he felt he'd become a national hero, nothing more than that.

All still fascinating after all these years.

Archived