BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

Just now, perthblue02 said:

So if you boo at half time and the team loses at full time its your fault? just going on your previous post that the Bristol result was because a player got booed before kick off

We've always won Perth :P

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Lowe had a good second half. He isnt a captain but booing him is a disgrace. 

depends on what you consider to be good. What I saw was a bang average championship level performance by Lowe, as a player, and a pretty poor performance as a captain.

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Looking forward to you fulfilling your pledge to leave this board after we're relegated !

I wont let you down should we go down, however, still think we are alive and kicking - you and I have been around long enough to know that anything can happen in football.

Just now, Mercer said:

I wont let you down should we go down, however, still think we are alive and kicking - you and I have been around long enough to know that anything can happen in football.

You obviously haven't been around long enough or you wouldn't keep saying "relax" "enjoy" "we will NOT be relegated" "we'll avoid relegation comfortably' "we'll win 3-0" etc etc!!

(Seriously Mercerman you're a good poster and a good laugh, I hope we stay up and retain you as well!)

Just now, Gav said:

It doesn't matter how big or how small the section of booing numptys we had, it in no way lends itself to championship survival booing players at anytime of the proceedings, but I was mainly referring to before kick off.

I can't ever recall booing my own player, ever, and that includes the **** Orr.

Anyway it had the desired effect with us only managing a draw at home to Bristol City, well done to all involved.

You've done exactly what I said Gav - blaming people for reacting.

If I smacked you over the head with a blunt object...

"What was that for? You're a @#/? idiot."

"You deserved a smack for saying that."

Blaming the fans for yesterday's result?! Give your head a wobble.

Just now, 47er said:

You obviously haven't been around long enough or you wouldn't keep saying "relax" "enjoy" "we will NOT be relegated" "we'll avoid relegation comfortably' "we'll win 3-0" etc etc!!

(Seriously Mercerman you're a good poster and a good laugh, I hope we stay up and retain you as well!)

I actually like Mercer but his uber-positive, intelligence-insulting posts, in complete denial of our reality, really really grate. It's like a big game of "I told you so" being lined up. But whatever happens it's far from "comfortable" or "easy".

Just now, rigger said:

depends on what you consider to be good. What I saw was a bang average championship level performance by Lowe, as a player, and a pretty poor performance as a captain.

The Lowe debate is tricky at the moment.

Although not great or even acceptable, Lowe's 1st touch yesterday was marginally better than many of his team-mates. Gally's 1st touch was laughable. His header was impressive but, especially in the 1st half, his inability to control the ball in almost any situation was incredibly frustrating and before someone points out that he was on his own with no support or service etc., he has in the main been equally unable to control the football all season.

I could aim the same criticism at a number of 1st team regulars but Gally's position requires him to control the ball 1st time, with head, knee, chest, foot and link effectively with team-mates, especially when his gets precious little service.

Mowbray's inability to find a place for our only creative talent, Emnes, is also incredibly disappointing.

Look, we have to be hopeful.

We've just taken 4 points from our last 2 games against our relegation rivals and we are now just 1 point from safety.

Forest have lost their last 2 and can't be feeling confident and Brum are in total freefall.

We've taken 15 points from 12 games under Mowbray losing just 3 and therefore at least we have a bit of form.

It wont be easy but my instinct is we'll pull through.  

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

We've taken 15 points from 12 games under Mowbray losing just 3 and therefore at least we have a bit of form.

Certainly better than the 9 points we accrued in Coyle's final 12 games.

In comparison, Forest have picked up 9 points from their last 12 games, and Brum have picked up just 7 points out of the last 36 available.

Redknapp has one hell of a decline to arrest at Birmingham, but the fact they were 7th before Zola came in and destroyed them shows that they have the players available to do well in this division. I think he'll get just enough out of those to keep them up.

We're in better form than Forest overall, and it'll be between us and them imo. Neither us, Forest or Birmingham can complain if we go down. Three clubs who have been architects of their own demise.  

13 hours ago, Gav said:

Well he's not the highest paid player for starters, and if you boo your own players you deserve as a fan to watch cr@p football in a cr@p league.

Youd be better served aiming your anger at Venkys OJ.

Who is the highest paid player if not Lowe?

Everybody knows that Venkys are to blame.

Bristol City's wage bill is half that of Rovers, so I think people are entitled to express their frustration at watching a team of very well paid players get played off the park for 70 mins by a team who get paid a fraction of what they earn.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Who is the highest paid player if not Lowe?

Everybody knows that Venkys are to blame.

Bristol City's wage bill is half that of Rovers, so I think people are entitled to express their frustration at watching a team of very well paid players get played off the park for 70 mins by a team who get paid a fraction of what they earn.

Isnt it Danny Graham?

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Sorry Jim I totally have to disagree with your comment.

Lowe is NOT a decent player. He is not a captain or leader in any sense of the word. Just because he can run up and down the pitch doesn't make him good, passing sideways or backwards doesn't make him a good player. Driving players on, giving the team impetus, dragging the best out of the worst, leading from the front are all abilities that a captain has to have. LOWE HAS NONE of those attributes.

He has constantly given the ball away, caused mayhem in our own defence and is as culpable as the idiot Coyle for losing points.

In my 47yrs on Ewood he is the worst captain I have ever seen and is in the top 3 worst players ever to wear our famous club colours.

Spot on Cap. Sadly.

A few years back I did say that I thought Lowe wasn't good enough for a side that harboured aspirations of promotion from the Championship. It is now evident I was being over generous regarding his ability. It's about to be proven in the next few weeks he isn't good enough for a side that harbours aspirations of avoiding relegation from the Championship.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I remember when we were in the old third division back in the 1970s the players spent half their time trying to win back balls they had miscontrolled or given away. We had a midfield player called Graham Oates who was well liked by fans because he was a "battler" but couldn't trap a bag of cement. Lowe was like Gerson compared to him. I guess that's what we'll have to get used to seeing as we're almost certainly heading back to the third tier again.

I thought Oates was a very good player jim. Lowe isn't fit to lace his boots.

When we won the old 3rd Division Championship in 1975 didn't then top flight Club Newcastle steam in with a double swoop for him and Sir Roger Jones?

I can't see a Premiership Club coming in for Lowe after we get relegated if I'm being honest.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

It was a certainty since Lambert walked after deducing the owners were giving him nowt, that we would go down.

Getting Coyle to rub our noses in it was just a sideshow.

Getting Mowbray and Senior to finish the job is a just distraction.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON HERE WHO IS HOPEFUL OF SURVIVAL IS DELUDED !

Frankly the talk of it is just embarrassing. But wait until it's done before you start another thread about Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle, Mowbray and how we will come back next season.

I can't wait (NOT) until the summer transfer window starts and everyone argues about shi7 for a few months before...

Lowe & behold... we sell a few. Money vanishes. Loans go back. Cut our cloth. Replaced by a few loans from L1 or L2. That's yer lot people.

The sad thing is you all already know it but will still waste your time talking about it all summer before being "surprised", then dissecting the window for a few more months until January.

Another "surprise" when Dunny is made head coach should distract a few of you.

Everyone on here should be HOPEFUL we can still survive. Thinking we WILL automatically survive might be somewhat unrealistic.

Why do you bother coming on here if you don't like discussing the Club? You must have better things to do with your day then come on here posting rubbish about how going down was part of a deliberate business plan etc etc.

Could not bring myself to post till today,sounds like TM made a poor team selection,problem with loan players which one gives 100 per cent and which one gives 50.Im quietly confident that we will survive Brum had a chance then appointed Redknapp,we have to go from the off in the next 3 games would rather see the young lads get a game than passengers.

Archived