BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

Just now, RV Blue said:

No he didn't, he couldn't exactly go backwards when there was no one behind him and it also helps that Bristol put no pressure on him/any of our players. He had another poor 90 minutes.

If you think he was poor for the 10 to 15 minutes after the goal then I completely disagree for the reasons I've outlined. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I only heard the booing at the end. It's indefensible. He had a good game. When we pinned them back in the last 20 mins he was mainly responsible because he was scratching his 2 balls and swinging them back and forth. To boo a good performance in a sea of abject ones is infantile. If Gally had got it no-one would have booed. Same for Bennett. Lowe's performance was on a par with theirs. And much better than some of the other dross like Feeney & Akpan 

Lowe's just a scapegoat in the same way Wilcox was. 

Changed it for you

Just now, OJRovers said:

If you are captain and highest paid player of a relegation side, and have generally been one of the worst players in the team (maybe not today), then getting some stick should be expected IMO.

Well he's not the highest paid player for starters, and if you boo your own players you deserve as a fan to watch cr@p football in a cr@p league.

Youd be better served aiming your anger at Venkys OJ.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Fair enough. I just think Lowe actually did do those things today for a change.  It was a shock to me too.

I agree, at least in the 2nd half.

I think the boos are for 4 or 5 seasons of under-performing, ambition-less, headless, sideways, shot-shy, head-down, eyes-closed, through-ball-phobic, sad, hopeless, heart-breaking disappointment.

I agree that boo-ing is counter-productive, except when it can be directly targeted at certain managers...... 

Just now, roverandout said:

Who gives a @#/? about his family? They will have all driven off in their bmw to the helipad to get to their mansion

Certainly not me.  When you are paid something like five times the salary of the UK's Prime Minister then you are there to be metaphorically shot at.

Just now, Gav said:

Well he's not the highest paid player for starters, and if you boo your own players you deserve as a fan to watch cr@p football in a cr@p league.

What are we supposed to do, sit there and pretend we're happy that the coward is the first name on the team sheet?

Just now, Mercer said:

Certainly not me.  When you are paid something like five times the salary of the UK's Prime Minister then you are there to be metaphorically shot at.

Why didn't you boo Mowbray?

He picks the team?

Just now, Gav said:

Why didn't you boo Mowbray?

He picks the team?

Mowbray was getting stick from the off.  Many were unhappy how we 'negatively' started the match and the longer the game went on the more vociferous the objections became.  I was a little surprised how the normally fairly reserved JW Stand was feeling.

Can't stand in game booing or singling out of players even if I detest them but to be honest this lot this season have got away with it very lightly. Many of the same players now under performing yet again for the 4th manager in a row and the club that pays them thousands not to mention the 10k who still turn up after the dross this lot has continually served up over the past few years.

After that first half hour today they all deserved a roasting the crowd can't win the game for them and people will cheer raw effort regardless but it isn't forth coming. In a dream world if we did drop down V's would feck off then we'd clear out 75% of this shower even if we had to start again with kids and freebies.

We all know the cause of the mess but on matchday the players and manager have to be held accountable for what's not going on on the pitch when it should be.

Are these lot being paid properly ?  Makes you wonder especially when the better player recent signinsg who are presumably the highest paid have all but disappeared again with 'niggles' !

Pathetic cheap shots at Lowe on here considering we have weaknesses all over the pitch and, more important, what appears to be another lame-duck manager in the dugout. 

Rovers fans love to have a player to hate and the singling out of Lowe is the latest example. The lad's a decent player at this level and has been in good form this season after a long injury layoff - he doesn't deserve this ridiculous constant criticism, 

The match today sounds a carbon copy of the Reading away game when we didn't turn up for 45 minutes, revived for about 15 minutes but basically didn't do enough over the 90mins to deserve anything. 

Will be going to Wolves but hold  little hope and have accepted we're down. Mowbray has been a big disappointment.  

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You only need look at whats happened over the past 3/4 seasons:

First it was Bowyers fault, then it was Lamberts fault, then Coyles and now Mowbrays.......

When in fact its always been the players fault, with maybe a bit of Coyle thrown in, they're absolute rubbish in the main and no amount of motivation and b0llocking will change that.

Lower league journeymen, other teams cast offs and thats why we're probably going down.

I

We have consistently employed (and started) gutless players and anyone who lacks balls or leadership skills.  It is one of the hardest pills for me to swallow.  Who are our last club captains? Lowe, Hanley?  Says it all really. 

Previous captains being the ilk of Nelsen, Todd, Hendry, Sherwood, Flitcroft...all hard workers, all leaders.  In each of their teams there would be at least half a dozen 'proper' pros in there too.  Seems like a parallel universe away.

I pray we scrape up but we are truly gutless and rudderless.  What little I know, I don't get the feeling that players give their all, or genuinely give a @#/?.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Pathetic cheap shots at Lowe on here considering we have weaknesses all over the pitch and, more important, what appears to be another lame-duck manager in the dugout. 

Rovers fans love to have a player to hate and the singling out of Lowe is the latest example. The lad's a decent player at this level and has been in good form this season after a long injury layoff - he doesn't deserve this ridiculous constant criticism, 

The match today sounds a carbon copy of the Reading away game when we didn't turn up for 45 minutes, revived for about 15 minutes but basically didn't do enough over the 90mins to deserve anything. 

Will be going to Wolves but hold  little hope and have accepted we're down. Mowbray has been a big disappointment.  

I repeat, I think the boos, jokes and stick for Jason are for 4 or 5 seasons of under-performing, ambition-less, headless, head-down, sideways, shot-shy, eyes-closed, through-ball-phobic, sad, hopeless, heart-breaking disappointment. 

Worst midfield Ive ever seen at ewood.  I can imagine Lowe is so submerged in the ckub. Nice guy captain, always in training first, out last. Proper professional.  Do you know what? As Dean Saunders(coach down ewood under GS) once said, "theyre the ones that get you sacked". Mr Nice Guy hard to drop.....especially as there is no glaring replacement. Going down with Captain Sensible

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No real blame attaches to Mowbray if /when we go down Parson but I wouldnt agree at all we needed a "miracle" to stay up when TM was appointed.

If he'd had the desired effect on the players he had adequate time to keep us up. It looks like he's going to come up just short which isn't his fault but I haven't seen much in the way we've performed since be took over (as opposed to bare results) to suggest he can lead us to success long term.

The person has not yet been born who could lead us to success under the Venky dictatorship.

That's the sad reality.

We employ managers/ coaches based on how cheap they are and then give then bricks of s-hit and expect them to build houses.

We all know that under the Pune vermin we are doomed, maybe it's better to take the relegation hit now. It's coming anyway.

I thin one of the reasons for the reactions yesterday was that there were a lot of walk ons. They paid £18 to watch a rather gutless first half when they will have expected much more fight considering Friday and our opportunity to get out of the bottom three.

The captain has to accept he will bear the brunt of that frustration. They fact he is a poor footballer just makes it worse. It could be argued that the reaction forced Mowbray's hand at half time resulting in the changes. There should be no apology required for fans making their feelings known.

The reaction was because of crap football so to say that those people deserve crap football/footballers is backward logic.

Booing your own players is a disgrace, especially before they've even kicked a ball, shows a complete lack of intelligence. 

How is that going to encourage a performance? How is that going to keep the team in the championship?

Before the game you've got a point. During or afterwards people have a right to express their displeasure.

You are complaining about a very small minority of the 15k that were on yesterday.

8 hours ago, preston blue said:

I will put my neck on the line.

I though JayLo had a decent 2nd half.  Our best performer; vital tackles and good distribution.

I thought Lowe had a good second half. He isnt a captain but booing him is a disgrace. 

Archived