BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

'If you didn't let in such ridiculous goals you'd be walking that league' said a Bolton fan last night, irate that he's backed a team he hates to win League 1.

If only Mowbray had used some of his extensive experience and built from the back properly !

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Instead of trying to come across intellectual why don't you discuss or debate the content of the post as opposed to saying follow another sport? I don't mind being questioned at all that's the beauty of discussion but to get flippant is ugly and that's why I called you out on that.

Anyways.....

Lose today and that's 4 defeats in 8 league games or 5/10 in all competitions. That's enough to be heading out the door especially given the stature of Rovers in this league. No excuses, standards and supporters demands must be raised and stop settling for 2nd best all the time. We can't afford for a ten point lead to become thirteen today and set ourselves something of a mountain to climb so early in.

Why bother repeating myself? If you want my view look a page or two back.

This idea that the fans should have higher expectations is in absolute contradiction with the other popular idea of "rovers will never succeed under these owners".

Which part of sacking a manager after 8 games understands the latter idea? Of giving the Raos another big decision to ignore.

Secondly, if you knew the actual rules, you wouldn't be speaking about loaning off "failures" less than a month into the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I really would love to know why you have so much faith in Mowbray?Where does your faith in him come from?Honestly chaddyrovers I can't take your opinion on anything Rovers seriously you speak with blue and white glasses all the time.I get that your a positive person but still some of the stuff you come out with is silly.I remember you giving this massive speech about why Gary Bowyer was the right man for the job and then the minute he was sacked you where first on here posting excitedly about your shortlist for the next manager,it would be the same if Mowbray left in morning

I have a lot in Faith in Mowbray cos he is very open and honest with the fans. He isn't a liar like some of previous managers we had, Plus I like the squad he built and I believe he should be given the season to get us promote. 

why do you not any faith in Mowbray and cant wait to be negative about most things? 

on Bowyer, Another manager I had a lot of time for and was very happy he achieved promotion with Blackpool last season. 

On Bowyer, I said he should be sacked after the draw with Brentford which was very negative performance. The 4 man shortlist to replace Bowyer was out in public as Nixon reported 2 weeks before the sacking. the 4 man shortlist was Jokanovic, Pearson, Lambert and Holloway. 

38 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Big day for him in seven league games 3 defeats which is unacceptable for a club of Rovers in league one. Wage bill massive compared to anyone else including Wigan, naive tactically and the football a side ways passing fest with a lump forward creating a further dire product. Win today or he better go and take the rubbish he's brought in with him on his way out.

you obsess by rugby town Wigan. you never stop going on about them. I couldn't give a flying toss about them. if you are that impress by them go and watch them. 

30 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I wouldn't have allowed him to bring them in. it was clear as day when he went for Whittingham that a 2 year deal was a significant risk the club should not be taking. Sorry if we can't loan sell them on then the club will yes have to pay them off, i did warn about this in summer so perhaps I'm following the right sport if I'm proactive enough to see it before it developed. 

Perhaps respect another opinion as opposed to getting personal maybe?

you wouldn't allow him? who the hell are you? 

Mowbray is running the football side of the club so is going to say no? Slivester or Cheston? what their football ability knowledge? 

23 minutes ago, Biz said:

I do respect opinions, but I'm honest. If I see someone talking absolute guff I will point it out.

Today is the 8th league game of the season, and you're already suggesting binning off several players and the manager if we don't beat the "form team" of the division.

If you don't like to be questioned, don't post content that is completely bereft of any gravitas.

Dunnfc wants to prove right and cant wait to tell the all Messageboard all about. 

Like I keep saying you judge players over a season and far too many ppl cant wait to judge players after a couple of games and binned them off

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do you not any faith in Mowbray and cant wait to be negative about most things? 

I like that Mowbray is open with the fans but on the football side he Is yet to convince me that he is the right man for the job.He signed some ok players for this level this summer but he Is now struggling to fit them into a system,the football is not good to watch a lot of sideways passing and no pace in the side.If you can prove different then ok??

Also on your last line please explain how I am negative about most things? My opinions are based on what I see with my own eyes,Mowbray has done absolutely nothing so far to warrant total faith in him like you seem to have.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have a lot in Faith in Mowbray cos he is very open and honest with the fans. He isn't a liar like some of previous managers we had, Plus I like the squad he built and I believe he should be given the season to get us promote. 

you obsess by rugby town Wigan. you never stop going on about them. I couldn't give a flying toss about them. if you are that impress by them go and watch them. 

you wouldn't allow him? who the hell are you? 

Mowbray is running the football side of the club so is going to say no? Slivester or Cheston? what their football ability knowledge? 

Dunnfc wants to prove right and cant wait to tell the all Messageboard all about. 

Like I keep saying you judge players over a season and far too many ppl cant wait to judge players after a couple of games and binned them off

Errrr I see Wigan as exactly the type of side currently we should be benchmarking ourselves against. Both very similar only Wigan is run properly through the top to the very bottom, besides I do watch them as my family 50% are Wigan supporters. 

Mowbray isn't a liar? Interesting. I think he's quite an open bloke but was this not the same bloke denouncing last weeks loss at AFC Wimbledon as not having the correct tools? Correct tools! He's spent the most, brought 8/8 bodies in and has by and far the largest wage bill in the league all this after he oversaw a RELAGATION to this level of football.

a football MANAGER reports into usually a board of DIRECTORS who usually have final say, if we'd have had a compentent football board and not a failed accountant and glucose biscuit sales manager escaping attention along with Silvester the ex co signatory to some very dodgy contracts then he'd be under much more pressure than he is let alone the decisions made in summer would have been scrutinised hence my comment on his signings.

No it's not a case of me proving anyone right, I said my points in the Summer and amongst your good self suffered quite a bit of criticism for my views, fast forward a few months and my comments appear spot on and aged well.

lastly we haven't got a season to play with this is last chance saloon before we get even more dismantled and drop to L2 in a year or two.

1-0 shrews the demise under TM continues 

Just now, Phil T said:

I think the fans will give Mowbray a stay of execution after today. Two wins in the next two matches, and he'll receive another.

Agreed but we really do need to start winning our home games.Mowbray also has to find a preferred starting 11 which in my opinion has to include both Dack and Chapman they look like the only two who can create anything.Our full backs are so poor too.Any idea when Nyambe Is back?I'd give Travis a start Tuesday

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I think the fans will give Mowbray a stay of execution after today. Two wins in the next two matches, and he'll receive another.

I thought we needed 7 minimum this week 

Scraped a draw today so 2 wins in the next 2 please, very doable if we remember how to play.

10 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Yes but Cheston needs to come out publically and place TM under pressure. It's just not good enough ATM.

Personally I'd be happy if Mowbray got sacked and Johnson appointed before the next game.

I originally said 10 games but there's far too many times when he's got it wrong and cost us points. Either it is a lack of management skill or an ego thing.

Either way we are massively underperforming. I can't see him turning it round.

He's a truthful guy so i hope I'm wrong. But we're coasting for an expensive mid table season.

Mowbray simply should be getting a far better tune out of the squad than he currently is. Even when we're winning, we're not playing that well - it's a worrying sign. He's got the highest paid bunch in the division, and let's not forget that it's one that he's largely built himself. Player wise Williams, Smallwood, Chapman and Bennett have all gained promotion from this league before, while the rest of them have played at a higher level. He needs to win the next two for me or we should consider a change before losing even more ground. 

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Errrr I see Wigan as exactly the type of side currently we should be benchmarking ourselves against. Both very similar only Wigan is run properly through the top to the very bottom, besides I do watch them as my family 50% are Wigan supporters. 

Mowbray isn't a liar? Interesting. I think he's quite an open bloke but was this not the same bloke denouncing last weeks loss at AFC Wimbledon as not having the correct tools? Correct tools! He's spent the most, brought 8/8 bodies in and has by and far the largest wage bill in the league all this after he oversaw a RELAGATION to this level of football.

a football MANAGER reports into usually a board of DIRECTORS who usually have final say, if we'd have had a compentent football board and not a failed accountant and glucose biscuit sales manager escaping attention along with Silvester the ex co signatory to some very dodgy contracts then he'd be under much more pressure than he is let alone the decisions made in summer would have been scrutinised hence my comment on his signings.

No it's not a case of me proving anyone right, I said my points in the Summer and amongst your good self suffered quite a bit of criticism for my views, fast forward a few months and my comments appear spot on and aged well.

lastly we haven't got a season to play with this is last chance saloon before we get even more dismantled and drop to L2 in a year or two.

1-0 shrews the demise under TM continues 

Wigan that's loss today. 

we don't have a Board of directors anyone. not Venkys way. Not my way but they just have a Bare minimum directors. we have 3 or 4 directors currently. 

I believe it was Slivester doing the admin side of transfers this summer. maybe this can be ask the Supporters meeting with the club?

No your points aren't spot on. we played 8 games so far, a season is over 46 games. 

we draw today mate not 1 nil loss 

15 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Yes but Cheston needs to come out publically and place TM under pressure. It's just not good enough ATM.

Cheston doesn't need to come out and say anything. He needs to keep quiet and got on with his job. 

Mowbray has already said that Promotion is the aim for this season. nothing else needs to be said

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Personally I'd be happy if Mowbray got sacked and Johnson appointed before the next game.

I originally said 10 games but there's far too many times when he's got it wrong and cost us points. Either it is a lack of management skill or an ego thing.

Either way we are massively underperforming. I can't see him turning it round.

He's a truthful guy so i hope I'm wrong. But we're coasting for an expensive mid table season.

sacking a manager that is 9th in the league after 8 games with a game in hand. 

total madness if I ever heard it. 

The squad isn't playing to full potential but we have won half the game and kept clean sheets. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wigan that's loss today. 

we don't have a Board of directors anyone. not Venkys way. Not my way but they just have a Bare minimum directors. we have 3 or 4 directors currently. 

I believe it was Slivester doing the admin side of transfers this summer. maybe this can be ask the Supporters meeting with the club?

No your points aren't spot on. we played 8 games so far, a season is over 46 games. 

we draw today mate not 1 nil loss 

Cheston doesn't need to come out and say anything. He needs to keep quiet and got on with his job. 

Mowbray has already said that Promotion is the aim for this season. nothing else needs to be said

A million miles away from promotion. Mowbray hasn't a clue. We will see Tuesday hopefully a win but TM should and quite rightly be under pressure. He's had money to spend, our wages are obscene at this level, our facilities are unprecedented at this level he has everything he could possibly want or need and he's underperforming hughely 

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

A million miles away from promotion. Mowbray hasn't a clue. We will see Tuesday hopefully a win but TM should and quite rightly be under pressure. He's had money to spend, our wages are obscene at this level, our facilities are unprecedented at this level he has everything he could possibly want or need and he's underperforming hughely 

we aren't millions miles away at all. 

Mowbray knows his target for season. 

we are 9th after 8 games with a game in hand on teams in top 6. season is 46 games. win nothing for being in top 2 after 9 games as long as we finish top 2 after 46 games that all that's matters. it a marathon not sprint 

What's worrying me is the fact we're playing poorly most of the time. Results haven't been too bad but we've no really coherent style of play. How often have we dominated a game this season ? 

What we've learnt today is Chapman and Dack give us more options up front. Graham has already started drawing his pension. Caddis and Ward are liabilities. Evans blows hot for one game and cold for the next three. Bennett goes missing. Samuel is a handful but he's not a 20 goal a season striker. Raya is fallible. 

Have I missed anyone out ? How did Champagne Charlie play today ?

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Minority or large scale, Matt?

Fairly loudly around me, that and persistent chanting for Chapman as he sat on the bench with the clock ticking down.

He MUST start the next game, it's the third division and a lad of his quality can win us matches given the opportunity.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we aren't millions miles away at all. 

Mowbray knows his target for season. 

we are 9th after 8 games with a game in hand on teams in top 6. season is 46 games. win nothing for being in top 2 after 9 games as long as we finish top 2 after 46 games that all that's matters. it a marathon not sprint 

I'd suggest 13 points of or more at this stage (4 wins) is pretty much miles given we are what 15% through the season. Rather worryingly his post match audio suggests he's going to change things and play a different way Tuesday. He's got no bloody idea.

usually it's a marathon but usually you've glimmers of hope. There is zero here, we've now a mountain to climb.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'd suggest 13 points of or more at this stage (4 wins) is pretty much miles given we are what 15% through the season. Rather worryingly his post match audio suggests he's going to change things and play a different way Tuesday. He's got no bloody idea.

usually it's a marathon but usually you've glimmers of hope. There is zero here, we've now a mountain to climb.

well that's your view but not mine. Plenty of glimmers of hope but maybe you like being downbeat about it. Plenty of talent here. 

I think he got to go 4-2-3-1 for the Rotherham game and play Chapman wide and Dack in the 10 role

You enjoy your night mate. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Rather worryingly his post match audio suggests he's going to change things and play a different way Tuesday.

And so we should. We were dire, at least for 75 minutes or so. The Shrews should have Bury-d us by that point, and Mowbray evidently knows that.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well that's your view but not mine. Plenty of glimmers of hope but maybe you like being downbeat about it. Plenty of talent here. 

I think he got to go 4-2-3-1 for the Rotherham game and play Chapman wide and Dack in the 10 role

You enjoy your night mate. 

What's your team then Chaddy ? I'm running out of patience with some these jokers. Graham's finished for me , Ward and Evans are running on empty as far as I can see. Caddis isn't better than Nyambe. Time to roll the dice on Tuesday ?

6 minutes ago, Phil T said:

And so we should. We were dire, at least for 75 minutes or so. The Shrews should have Bury-d us by that point, and Mowbray evidently knows that.

I agree it was more of a case he's still not found a formula what work properly.... worrying

Archived