Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we aren't millions miles away at all. 

Mowbray knows his target for season. 

we are 9th after 8 games with a game in hand on teams in top 6. season is 46 games. win nothing for being in top 2 after 9 games as long as we finish top 2 after 46 games that all that's matters. it a marathon not sprint 

Rovers are a million miles from promotion .....and its you that doesn't have a scooby do. Chaddy please drop the drop the Rovers from your user name.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What's your team then Chaddy ? I'm running out of patience with some these jokers. Graham's finished for me , Ward and Evans are running on empty as far as I can see. Caddis isn't better than Nyambe. Time to roll the dice on Tuesday ?

My team would be

Raya

Travis  Downing  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Whittingham

Chapman        Dack           Antonsson

Samuel

Caddis, Bennett, Ward and Graham should be dropped. 

Antonsson played wide left today when he come on and did very well according to Bayes and Gallagher. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My team would be

Raya

Smallwood  Whittingham

Samuel

Antonsson played wide left today when he come on and did very well according to Bayes and Gallagher. 

Agreed apart from Caddis who to be fair is quite solid. 

Just now, OJRovers said:

Agreed apart from Caddis who to be fair is quite solid. 

Mm, I'd be hoping Nyambe would be fit for right back, also that Tomlinson would be worth a game instead of Whittingham. As far Antonnson out wide, has he got the tools to play there ? From what I've seen he's purely a penalty box player. How long is the lad from West Brom out for ?

Our problem is the players we're talking about bringing in apart from Chapman and maybe Downing aren't really banging on the managers door and demanding to be given a shirt. This time a fortnight ago I thought we'd found the makings of a team. Tonight we seem no nearer to a settled side.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team would be

Raya

Smallwood  Whittingham

Samuel

Chapman a left footer on the right where he loses momentum to switch the ball back onto his left allowing the full back a second bite of the cherry.

Antinsson I struggle with, on a project in Hull ATM and with a Leeds STH. We both don't understand what he offers. You stick him wide left and we expose his lack of pace, he's got zero ability on a ball, he struggles getting a shot of so crossing is probably out the question. At best he's a fox in a box relying on a target man to pull defenders away to allow him space or a run on goal.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Chapman a left footer on the right where he loses momentum to switch the ball back onto his left allowing the full back a second bite of the cherry.

Antinsson I struggle with, on a project in Hull ATM and with a Leeds STH. We both don't understand what he offers. You stick him wide left and we expose his lack of pace, he's got zero ability on a ball, he struggles getting a shot of so crossing is probably out the question. At best he's a fox in a box relying on a target man to pull defenders away to allow him space or a run on goal.

I agree with you about both issues. I can't get my head around why anybody would want to play a left footer on the right wing but lots of managers do it.

As for Antonnson, I see what you see. A the best he's purely a penalty box player.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Antinsson I struggle with, on a project in Hull ATM and with a Leeds STH. We both don't understand what he offers.

Antonsson's scored a couple so far in Mowbray's team merry-go-round. He did well when he came on today, not afraid to run down the channels and attack, and created a golden opportunity that Chapman spurned. I quite like Antonsson, and I disagree completely that he lacks quality on the ball, although some on here seem to be determined to ignore his much-improved performances based on his poor debut.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

we aren't millions miles away at all. 

Mowbray knows his target for season. 

we are 9th after 8 games with a game in hand on teams in top 6. season is 46 games. win nothing for being in top 2 after 9 games as long as we finish top 2 after 46 games that all that's matters. it a marathon not sprint 

After that performance against a over achieving side yes we're millions of miles away.. We were poor end of.. Mowbray is looking more and more like he's not a clue as each game goes on.. Big game Tuesday against a side who've started to click 

Chaddy, even if you dont think it is bad enough to warrant sacking, why cant you admit that the start weve had isnt good enough?

We are 10 points behind top of the league, and Shrewsbury, who arent very good themselves, our budget is multiple times as big, as much as you can throw cliches like its a marathon not a sprint, based on the 8 games so far, the frequent lacklustre performances, the shakiness at the back and probably more pertinently the inability to score enough goals, even if you dont want him gone, you have to say thats below standards. If you expect us to finish in the top 2, and we are 9th, thats statistically not what you expect, yet you seem to think its fine?

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy, even if you dont think it is bad enough to warrant sacking, why cant you admit that the start weve had isnt good enough?

We are 10 points behind top of the league, and Shrewsbury, who arent very good themselves, our budget is multiple times as big, as much as you can throw cliches like its a marathon not a sprint, based on the 8 games so far, the frequent lacklustre performances, the shakiness at the back and probably more pertinently the inability to score enough goals, even if you dont want him gone, you have to say thats below standards. If you expect us to finish in the top 2, and we are 9th, thats statistically not what you expect, yet you seem to think its fine?

Nowhere near warrant a sacking? @#/? me we are 8 games into a 46 games season. 

didn't I say that previous that its not a great start but not a poor start. Its ok start but must improve now. we are 9th after 8 games and we haven't shown our full potential yet. still 38 games to go. plenty of points to play for and no reason to start panicking. 

Like I said before Scunthorpe started the same as Shrewsbury last season and fall away due to suspensions and injuries. So lets just focus on us 

Now just totally ignoring what I say and taking it out of context.

I never said it was or wasnt enough to warrant sacking, I said quite the opposite, that you wont admit that simply its been a bad start.

If it was a good start, wed be top as per the expectations and the resources, and the squad. We'd be doing what Shrewsbury have done, with such little resources in comparison, grinding out wins. You even said we have the best squad in your opinion.

If it was an ok start, we'd be maybe top 3 or top 4 but very close to the top, there or thereabouts.

As it is, we are 10 points behind the top, we've already lost 3, we look shaky at the back, we don't look like scoring, from the start of the season Mowbray is no closer to settling on a team, a style of play, does he really have a plan at all? Our most dangerous attacker isn't starting games, our biggest signing of the summer is out of position, there seems to be a lack of passion stemming from the manager.

Hypothetically, we lose both home games this week, not saying we will but hypothetically. Mowbray gets sacked a week on Monday, can you feel any reason to be angry? Obviously I dont expect or hope that will happen.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nowhere near warrant a sacking? @#/? me we are 8 games into a 46 games season. 

didn't I say that previous that its not a great start but not a poor start. Its ok start but must improve now. we are 9th after 8 games and we haven't shown our full potential yet. still 38 games to go. plenty of points to play for and no reason to start panicking. 

Like I said before Scunthorpe started the same as Shrewsbury last season and fall away due to suspensions and injuries. So lets just focus on us 

You're still determined to defend a Clueless manager whom if you cast your mind back you didn't even want.. 

No wonder people get wound up by your pathetic nonsense 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Now just totally ignoring what I say and taking it out of context.

I never said it was or wasnt enough to warrant sacking, I said quite the opposite, that you wont admit that simply its been a bad start.

If it was a good start, wed be top as per the expectations and the resources, and the squad. We'd be doing what Shrewsbury have done, with such little resources in comparison, grinding out wins. You even said we have the best squad in your opinion.

If it was an ok start, we'd be maybe top 3 or top 4 but very close to the top, there or thereabouts.

As it is, we are 10 points behind the top, we've already lost 3, we look shaky at the back, we don't look like scoring, from the start of the season Mowbray is no closer to settling on a team, a style of play, does he really have a plan at all? Our most dangerous attacker isn't starting games, our biggest signing of the summer is out of position, there seems to be a lack of passion stemming from the manager.

Hypothetically, we lose both home games this week, not saying we will but hypothetically. Mowbray gets sacked a week on Monday, can you feel any reason to be angry? Obviously I dont expect or hope that will happen.

A great start would be top 2, good start 3rd to 6th, ok start 7th to 10th, poor start 11th and below. 

Still only 8 games played, still 38 games to go. Plenty of points to play for.

I thought we would play 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 formation with playing a passing attacking style. So surprise we dont but we will develop over the season into a team with a playing style maybe. From Mowbray he wants to play 2 or 3 different styles. 

Dack is playing wide cos Graham and Samuel. I prefer Dack behind Samuel. Graham can stay on bench for me. 

Has all the makings of a "Bowyer season". Miles away from automatic promotion(after only 7 games}, possible for fans to imagine us getting into the top 6, but it never happens!

Instead we finish where we've always been---mid-table!

Big difference between this and Bowyer is we are now in Div 3!

Venky conclusion? No point in buying and keeping reasonable players because we didn't get promoted anyway?

Relegation to Div 4---- next season? Season after?

And so it goes!

Just remember all these uncalled for, aggressive, personal insults next time you try to cry bully Chaddy.

Anyway, on the game, I quite like that line up you posted. But, I would play 4-3-2-1, with Tomlinson replacing Antonsson and Nyambe in for Travis. But only because I've never seen Travis play and couldn't say whether he's any better than Nyambe.

Raya

Nyambe  Downing  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Whittingham Tomlinson

Dack   Chapman

Samuel

Let Dack and Chapman do their thing, Smallwood and Tomlinson can protect Whittingham and do most of his running so he can concentrate on his passing game. Only problem may be a lack of width, but Smallwood and Tomlinson will have get up and help out there while Whittingham sits.

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is that any of your concern at the minute? why dont go and troll someone else or try finding that rock?.

Try going to the game... You call others for not going.. BTW how's senior doing these days.. Another fraud whom should have been nowhere near Ewood 

Just now, Athlete said:

Try going to the game... You call others for not going.. BTW how's senior doing these days.. Another fraud whom should have been nowhere near Ewood 

Never miss a home league game in 20 years. Plus other personal things going on which are more important that a game of football..but i aint posting them on here

Sadly today game had to be missed

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

sacking a manager that is 9th in the league after 8 games with a game in hand. 

total madness if I ever heard it. 

The squad isn't playing to full potential but we have won half the game and kept clean sheets. 

David Lowe ?

Worst coach we ever had at youth level now with the first team !

I'm sick of telling you fella.

What do you expect.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never miss a home league game in 20 years. Plus other personal things going on which are more important that a game of football..but i aint posting them on here

Sadly today game had to be missed

Drop the Rovers bit please 

Archived