BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

The Boss of Goss Alan NicKo Nixon reporting in today's sun that Mike Rigg could be returning to the club

Remember its venky's or their man with the ever changing name making the decision probably, expecting him to be appointed head groundsman :)

Good thing though he has experience of cleaning up a mess created by Andercon and friends

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Haven't read the article, only seen his tweet,is it a Mowbray appointment though or is he being lined up over his head?Rigg did well as head of scouting under Hughes but is he now being brought in as Dof would have been a better appointment if it was made in the summer

the article says Part time advisor to Mowbray/club, but Nixon has ruled out Rigg being appoint as DoF as Senior hasn't been replaced. Not sure if it Mowbray bring him in or Pasha. Don't forgot that Rigg did meet the owners in Pune a month or two after Bowyer was appointed as manager permanent here

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

In name maybe. That doesn't make them directors. As I've set out one of those 3 has admitted he does nothing and the other one has never been seen. The only one who actually does work at the club is out of his depth and shouldn't be doing the job.

Their way has brought this club to its knees and despite relatively vast resources we are struggling to hold on to a top 10 position in the 3rd division. We are now seeing people hailing a point at Shrewsbury as a decent result!

Their way has put us here and is now going to keep us here or even take us further down. We could have all the money in the world but until there is realisation and acceptance from the top that the structure is flawed then we won't succeed. 

Putting the manager in charge of the football club will not work. There's a reason every other club has directors. 

You appear to be comfortable or accepting of this arrangement with the manager dictating the entire direction of the football club. It isn't 1910 anymore where the manager runs the club during the week and the team on matchdays. The world has moved on in recent years and in the absence of owners in the UK it is essential we have power and experience invested in a group of clued up people. It really is very simple.

However you seem comfortable with 'Venkys way' and believe we can still be successful. I don't. 

never met Cheston or Coar. 

Mowbray is in charge of the football side of the club like recruitment, coaching and tbh all of 1st team duties. 

I accepted it cos its their way and very unlikely to change it. I would like to see a CEO in charge but Venkys don't want it that way. 

I believe we will be successful this season cos we have a good manager in Mowbray and best squad in the League IMO along with Wigan. 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Point is we all have personal issues. Nobody needs to know what they are, although I'll tell you mine if you feel the need to hear them. I wasn't intending to have a go at you but to support you on this one occasion

I'm sorry but it seem like a go at me, so my apologises just got a lot going on and recent days/weeks its got on top on me. 

6 hours ago, Athlete said:

It's a sham and you know it.. It's unacceptable only one real director and a double agent shadow puppet reporting back to the big fella.. 

Big two games for TM anything less than four points and he should be potted end of.. Personally I'd like to see Johnson given a shout or Gareth Ainsworth who's doing well at Wycombe but unfortunately we all know as Dunnfc pointed out that we'll get whoever is a 33/1 shot on a certain agency books that is the only reason Warnock wasn't in the hot seat last summer 

did I say it wasn't a Sham but aint going to change until we have a change of ownership which the fans can not force Venkys to sell. 

Johnson has done an excellent job with the under 23's job so far. 

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

the article says Part time advisor to Mowbray/club, but Nixon has ruled out Rigg being appoint as DoF as Senior hasn't been replaced. Not sure if it Mowbray bring him in or Pasha. Don't forgot that Rigg did meet the owners in Pune a month or two after Bowyer was appointed as manager permanent here

never met Cheston or Coar. 

Mowbray is in charge of the football side of the club like recruitment, coaching and tbh all of 1st team duties. 

I accepted it cos its their way and very unlikely to change it. I would like to see a CEO in charge but Venkys don't want it that way. 

I believe we will be successful this season cos we have a good manager in Mowbray and best squad in the League IMO along with Wigan. 

I'm sorry but it seem like a go at me, so my apologises just got a lot going on and recent days/weeks its got on top on me. 

did I say it wasn't a Sham but aint going to change until we have a change of ownership which the fans can not force Venkys to sell. 

Johnson has done an excellent job with the under 23's job so far. 

I haven't seen the article but, to the contrary of what you've said, Alan Nixon has tweeted that Rigg could actually be replacing Senior.

The part time aspect is (typically) disappointing.

Your statements re Mowbray and the squad cannot be substantiated in my view.

We need him to recreate his early management career form. Unlikely.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cast your mind back you never wanted Mowbray - he isn't looking like remotely near a good manager .

No you've never said it's not a sham but you champion everything the club , owners , manager , advisors have done over the last few years..

29 minutes ago, Athlete said:

No you've never said it's not a sham but you champion everything the club , owners , manager , advisors have done over the last few years..

Completely untrue and wrong but this is what you are like so no surprise to me. 

Few managers Appointments Ive disagree with over the years. But yet again you ignore the facts! FACTS! 

Myers failed to do anything worthwhile. 

Senior failed to do anything worthwhile.

Rigg will be the same.

The only person who can ever make this club turn around despite the constant abuse of the owners is the manager. I don't agree it I still irrelevant who the manager is. I believe we could get lucky on a manager who can turn the club around and swim against the tide, but it would have to be someone whose stock is rising and going places.

Appleton was the only manager who fit that bill but he came during peak comedy hours behold no th scenes and we played some dire football.

Just now, Hasta said:

Rigg will be the same.

The only person who can ever make this club turn around despite the constant abuse of the owners is the manager. I don't agree it I still irrelevant who the manager is. I believe we could get lucky on a manager who can turn the club around and swim against the tide, but it would have to be someone whose stock is rising and going places.

Appleton was the only manager who fit that bill but he came during peak comedy hours behold no th scenes and we played some dire football.

Agreed but we would be more likely to choose a good manager if someone like Rigg was choosing.If senior is to be believed it was him who chose Mowbray.

I'd give Damien Johnson a chance with an experienced number two we have an exciting group of youngsters coming through,Johnno haso do everything well with them

We'd be better going for someone up and coming who has had success in the lower divisions and would want to manage a bigger club. Paul Hurst, Darrell Clarke etc.

Failing that wait for Grayson to get fired at Sunderland and bring him in. Another few weeks of being in the bottom 3 and he'll be on his way. 

Of course nothing at all wrong with the experienced option as Cardiff and Ipswich are demonstrating.

But we're at a club that gets rid of a Director of Football after less than 6 months in the job, doesn't replace him, hands complete authority and the budget to the manager, lets him bring in 15 players over the summer and then brings in a new Director of Football 3 weeks after the window has closed.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Completely untrue and wrong but this is what you are like so no surprise to me. 

Few managers Appointments Ive disagree with over the years. But yet again you ignore the facts! FACTS! 

Go back to all your posts chadster if the club said it's Tuesday but it was only a Monday you'd believe em.. 

As another poster said one day you'll back the right one.. That'll be due to the law of averages 

Start waking up and use your own mind 

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We'd be better going for someone up and coming who has had success in the lower divisions and would want to manage a bigger club. Paul Hurst, Darrell Clarke etc.

Failing that wait for Grayson to get fired at Sunderland and bring him in. Another few weeks of being in the bottom 3 and he'll be on his way. 

Of course nothing at all wrong with the experienced option as Cardiff and Ipswich are demonstrating.

But we're at a club that gets rid of a Director of Football after less than 6 months in the job, doesn't replace him, hands complete authority and the budget to the manager, lets him bring in 15 players over the summer and then brings in a new Director of Football 3 weeks after the window has closed.

Mentioned him pre season and tipped AFC for 6th but Neal Ardley. Improves young players, rejuvenates players who've failed elsewhere, professional as a player and now manager. He never winged or moaned at Cardiff and he looks like someone who does as much work of the pitch as he does on it especially with game planning etc. He showed Mowbray up for the dinosaur he is last week. Worth a man interview or picking the phone up to at least.

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Mentioned him pre season and tipped AFC for 6th but Neal Ardley. Improves young players, rejuvenates players who've failed elsewhere, professional as a player and now manager. He never winged or moaned at Cardiff and he looks like someone who does as much work of the pitch as he does on it especially with game planning etc. He showed Mowbray up for the dinosaur he is last week. Worth a man interview or picking the phone up to at least.

Did you not tip Bury and Lee Clark for top 6 this season?

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Rigg will be the same.

If someone who might actually appoint a suitable, competent manager was running the show.........

It would also then give the manager a more stable environment and half a chance of making progress, (e.g. decisions made in a timely manner).

The last time we had a Director of Football he was appointed in January, signed 1 player on loan despite facing relegation, allowed Coyle to remain in place for another 7 weeks, then resigned 24 hours after relegation despite talking about plans for if we went down.

So not really looking forward to the next one.

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The last time we had a Director of Football he was appointed in January, signed 1 player on loan despite facing relegation, allowed Coyle to remain in place for another 7 weeks, then resigned 24 hours after relegation despite talking about plans for if we went down.

True, but I think Rigg has a good deal more kudos than Senior.

Unfortunately, the fact that his possible appointment would be part time, (and we don't actually know in what capacity), does not suggest the rupee has finally dropped in Pune.

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

Mike rigg:Dof

Damien Johnson:Head coach

Derek Fazackerly:Assistant Head coach

David Dunn:Under 23 manager?

I'd give Fazackerly a swerve. Reminds me too much of Phil Neal when he was Graham Taylor's " yes boss " man. He's older than Methuselah, we need somebody younger than that.

If we were to appoint Johnno, it'd be his choice in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd give Fazackerly a swerve. Reminds me too much of Phil Neal when he was Graham Taylor's " yes boss " man. He's older than Methuselah, we need somebody younger than that.

If we were to appoint Johnno, it'd be his choice in my opinion.

I'd rather Johnson had an experienced number 2.Leave Dunn with the under 23s

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I never rated Fazackerly as a coach. I wouldn't want Dunn either. I'd hope Johnno would bring in an outsider.

Fazackerley was just a suggestion due to him knowing the club and being experienced and knowing the league,working with appleton at Oxford last year not sure if he is still at Oxford after Appleton joined Leicester in the summer?

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well at the minute he coming in as part time advisor. Pasha appointment. 

Nixon tweets suggest that no one knows his role..probably come in as director of football eventually. 

Senior was trying to get rid of Coyle for weeks I believe. 

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Fazackerley was just a suggestion due to him knowing the club and being experienced and knowing the league,working with appleton at Oxford last year not sure if he is still at Oxford after Appleton joined Leicester in the summer?

Still at Oxford working with Pep Clotet

Archived