BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, tomphil said:

It's been said he might be coming in as a part time adviser there's no mention of appointing directors to fill vacuums or actually direct. That won't happen because the club is being directed by a shadow man and a set of agents with blessings from India.

Like Senior possibly was he'll just another guy who'll pitch up for a while in the directors box and get a bit of publicity to get some of the more willing to swallow fans putting faith in him and the way things are being done before he'll disappear again once the window is shut or the season is over.

Whether another manager is appointed or not Rigg could be another convenient figure to sack off at the end of another disappointing season when alleged targets haven't been reached again deflecting blame for shadow man, Cheston, whoever the manger may be and the Indian gimps.

'Oh they tried they appointed Rigg'

We've been there before several times it's classic Venkys.

Now if they appointed a DOF or CE in a full time public facing role to actually run the club under the remit of building a promotion achieving squad and with the license to do so I might view it differently.

Firstly, What is the point of making decisions for no other reason than to simply sustain a facade? Please use actual evidence in reply and not just assumptions.

Secondly, I don't think there is any actual reports or confirmation of his role - so why are you assuming he isn't coming as DOF/CSE full time?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Biz said:

Firstly, What is the point of making decisions for no other reason than to simply sustain a facade? Please use actual evidence in reply and not just assumptions.

Secondly, I don't think there is any actual reports or confirmation of his role - so why are you assuming he isn't coming as DOF/CSE full time?

Firstly i'll make whatever point I feel like no one needs teachers permission on here and for evidence please see Paul Senior.

Secondly, the role reported in print was one of part time adviser so get your facts right before you try and find a way to jump down someone's throat.

Thirdly, .......................................... !  I think you get the idea.

13 minutes ago, Biz said:

Its all about maintaining an image of a normal operation when in reality it is a sham. Its all a charade. The sole aim is to do the bare minimum to satisfy the regulations and keep things ticking over. That's how it has been for the last 2 years.

Mike Cheston is the only active director at the club. That is a disgrace. No other club in the top 7-8 divisions of English football exists with such a lack of presence in the boardroom.

Mr Invisible is actually running the club, and has been for the last 2 years at least, yet will not reveal himself in public. That is the façade. The façade that there is still a proper structure in place when there clearly isn't. The façade that qualified experienced people are trusted to run the club as best they can, when they aren't.

They tried making Cheston into the figurehead and it backfired spectacularly as he lurched from one gaffe to another. He also let the cat out of the bag by admitting on record Mr Invisible is a paid employee of the club, though then brought further embarrassment and unwanted attention by claiming to not even know his name or job title, yet happily employing him and paying him handsomely for his 'services'. The façade is that everyone knows Mr Invisible is operating behind the scenes yet they go to extreme lengths to hide this fact. They even managed to get the Telegraph to remove a photo from their website as it included Mr Invisible, such are the lengths they will go to.

Following Cheston's gaffes and revelations it was decided someone more adept in public speaking and spin would take to the stage, so step forward Paul Senior.

All they are interested in doing is the bare minimum to keep it going with minimum grief and aggravation. They wheeled out Senior with his textbook on how to talk the talk to the fans and shoved him infront of the fans to ensure the attention was all on him and Mowbray rather than the chuckle brothers.

Keep the peasants focused on Mowbray/Senior/Rigg and not on the unacceptable arrangement and succession of failures that has been in place for 2 years with Cheston and he-who-must-not-be-named.

I'd love to believe that they've suddenly woken up and are taking this seriously, but I don't. Any decision made by these people I will treat with suspicion and concern rather than believing everything is going to turn out happy ever after.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Firstly i'll make whatever point I feel like no one needs teachers permission on here and for evidence please see Paul Senior.

Secondly, the role reported in print was one of part time adviser so get your facts right before you try and find a way to jump down someone's throat.

Thirdly, .......................................... !  I think you get the idea.

It's telling that you cannot actually answer a question without some level of fantasy and assumption. 

When I first read it I did think hey maybe there'll be a few quid for transfers in Jan and they want someone with contacts and a proven track record to oversee some decent recruitment seeing as managers only ever seem to sign players they know and their pals players rather than suitable ones for the job in hand.

Then I woke up and remembered Cousin Vinny, Hunt, Agnew, Shaw, Singh, Senior.

Please tell me just what we are supposed to think given the track record of going around in the same circles whilst the club continues to fall backwards, the books continue to lose millions, Venkys sit back and not only let this happen but seem to make decisions that encourage it without a care in the world.

If you want a proven adviser or better still manager hire Sam Allardyce the money that would cost would be made back 20 times over in income in a few years as well as cutting the loses.

But something like that goes right against the money losing Venky way doesn't it !  

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

It's telling that you cannot actually answer a question without some level of fantasy and assumption. 

Where is the fantasy when a newspaper report is being repeated ? 

And weren't you assuming he might be being appointed a full time director ?

As always digging yourself into holes, contradicting yourself and picking pointless arguments.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Its all about maintaining an image of a normal operation when in reality it is a sham. Its all a charade. The sole aim is to do the bare minimum to satisfy the regulations and keep things ticking over. That's how it has been for the last 2 years.

Mike Cheston is the only active director at the club. That is a disgrace. No other club in the top 7-8 divisions of English football exists with such a lack of presence in the boardroom.

Mr Invisible is actually running the club, and has been for the last 2 years at least, yet will not reveal himself in public. That is the façade. The façade that there is still a proper structure in place when there clearly isn't. The façade that qualified experienced people are trusted to run the club as best they can, when they aren't.

They tried making Cheston into the figurehead and it backfired spectacularly as he lurched from one gaffe to another. He also let the cat out of the bag by admitting on record Mr Invisible is a paid employee of the club, though then brought further embarrassment and unwanted attention by claiming to not even know his name or job title, yet happily employing him and paying him handsomely for his 'services'. The façade is that everyone knows Mr Invisible is operating behind the scenes yet they go to extreme lengths to hide this fact. They even managed to get the Telegraph to remove a photo from their website as it included Mr Invisible, such are the lengths they will go to.

Following Cheston's gaffes and revelations it was decided someone more adept in public speaking and spin would take to the stage, so step forward Paul Senior.

All they are interested in doing is the bare minimum to keep it going with minimum grief and aggravation. They wheeled out Senior with his textbook on how to talk the talk to the fans and shoved him infront of the fans to ensure the attention was all on him and Mowbray rather than the chuckle brothers.

Keep the peasants focused on Mowbray/Senior/Rigg and not on the unacceptable arrangement and succession of failures that has been in place for 2 years with Cheston and he-who-must-not-be-named.

I'd love to believe that they've suddenly woken up and are taking this seriously, but I don't. Any decision made by these people I will treat with suspicion and concern rather than believing everything is going to turn out happy ever after.

It doesn't make any sense to simply make decisions on the guise of "looking" like a functional club.

From my perspective, I cannot fathom this idea the decisions are made with some level of sneaky plan between those who own the club. You speak as if it's a cunning game to hoodwink the supporters, but for what reason? Uproar is met with ignorance. Protests have been all but pointless in changing direction of the club. 

The owners aren't clever enough to organise such, or even remotely bothered about what you think about the them or the club. Heck, they are seemingly not even bothered about keeping supporters, because they've never changed tact despite seeing 10,000+ walk away.

For some bizarre reason also, these assumptions about Seniors intent, influence and his eventual sacking have become actual "facts" when not you, Tomphil or anyone else has ever provided an ounce of actual evidence to suggest he left for any other reason than "failing" to do the job.

When someone suggests that a new face around the club might be beneficial, with experience and expertise - you have to ask yourself a question "why do I bother supporting this club anymore" if I can turn that into "more bad news..."!

If Rigg is coming in as a DoF, it's clear that someone somewhere has lost confidence in Mowbray. Nixon says he's here part time at the minute, hopefully he's been watching our games and won't leave it too late to sack Mowbray if things carry on as they are currently. At least Rigg has definitely worked at decent sides, unlike Senior who just said he had.

Just now, tomphil said:

Where is the fantasy when a newspaper report is being repeated ? 

And weren't you assuming he might be being appointed a full time director ?

As always digging yourself into holes, contradicting yourself and picking pointless arguments.

I asked you a question and you resorted to moaning. I also stated I hadn't seen the rumour, and that "it's too good to be true".

Thats neither digging or picking pointless arguments. It says it all, if you cannot discuss and defend your viewpoints, without resorting to this childish insults. 

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

If Rigg is coming in as a DoF, it's clear that someone somewhere has lost confidence in Mowbray. Nixon says he's here part time at the minute, hopefully he's been watching our games and won't leave it too late to sack Mowbray if things carry on as they are currently. At least Rigg has definitely worked at decent sides, unlike Senior who just said he had.

How is it?? 

Clubs appoint people in different positions all the time 

Just now, RV Blue said:

Thanks for bringing the thread back to topic. I mentioned this, I certainly prefer the idea of Rigg choosing a manager for the job than Cheston or Pasha.

Has it been made official that Rigg has been brought to the club even on a part time basis?I know it was me who initially posted about the article but nothing official has been announced yet.We seem to be arguing about something that might not even happen?

I share Rvs view if indeed Rigg is being brought into the club it suggests Mowbrays position is under review and if that is the case then surely it is better that someone like Rigg would be overseeing the appointment of a new manager rather than Chestnut or Pascha.

Also what exactly does Tommy Johnson do at the club?Mowbray was moaning about his recruitment being rushed and having to bring player in that had either played for him in the past or that had played well against his sides.I was under the impression Johnson  job was scouting potential targets

I can't see what good a new manager will do. Last year, it was clear that Mowbray was an improvement on Coyle, but the people at the top of the club, are simply not geared up for success, even at league one level.

Just now, Biz said:

I asked you a question and you resorted to moaning. I also stated I hadn't seen the rumour, and that "it's too good to be true".

Thats neither digging or picking pointless arguments. It says it all, if you cannot discuss and defend your viewpoints, without resorting to this childish insults. 

Except I didn't directly reply to your post did I you just jumped onto mine and lo and behold probably 'assumed' I was meaning you personally'

That's your whole problem pal you take everything personally that's being posted about Venkys etc and it's a bit odd never mind constantly dropping peoples names into your posts.

You try and paint posters thoughts, opinions and suspicions as conspiracies constantly just because they don't fit in with your sugar coated picture of things.

Nobody on here comes across as more foot stamping childish as you getting frustrated because most have an  understandable different take on things than you. Your theories hold no more water, proof or fact than anyone else's no matter how many times you shout them.

I'm done arguing with you now but i'm safe in the knowledge there's a long list who aren't so you won't be lonely.

Just now, tomphil said:

Except I didn't directly reply to your post did I you just jumped onto mine and lo and behold probably 'assumed' I was meaning you personally'

That's your whole problem pal you take everything personally that's being posted about Venkys etc and it's a bit odd never mind constantly dropping peoples names into your posts.

You try and paint posters thoughts, opinions and suspicions as conspiracies constantly just because they don't fit in with your sugar coated picture of things.

Nobody on here comes across as more foot stamping childish as you getting frustrated because most have an  understandable different take on things than you. Your theories hold no more water, proof or fact than anyone else's no matter how many times you shout them.

I'm done arguing with you now but i'm safe in the knowledge there's a long list who aren't so you won't be lonely.

Just poorly written hot air, I'm not interested in personal opinions Phil, it's irrelevant to a topic. If you can't stand having your content questioned, don't bother creating it. 

8 minutes ago, lraC said:

I can't see what good a new manager will do. Last year, it was clear that Mowbray was an improvement on Coyle, but the people at the top of the club, are simply not geared up for success, even at league one level.

Being an improvement on Coyle is the definition of feint praise.

Have Cardiff suddenly got sensible owners? 

No.

How's the manager, (who should've been ours), getting on there?

A decent, empowered director of football would probably not have appointed a guy who left his previous club at the bottom of the division below.

Just now, Biz said:

Just poorly written hot air, I'm not interested in personal opinions Phil, it's irrelevant to a topic. If you can't stand having your content questioned, don't bother creating it. 

Anyone reading back our exchanges would almost certainly come to the conclusion most of the angst begins on your part you've fallen down again here by saying you aren't interested in my personal opinions yet you are the one who replies to my posts all the time or drops my username into theirs.

As for poorly written, does it really matter it's a football message board, sure sign your in a corner again and are resorting to desperate measures.

Give it arrest lad for gods sake !

IMO we need to put aside talk of a new manager for now. It'll be Christmas when we know if we need to make some serious changes. Hasn't been pretty so far but I think with a few little tweaks we can get promotion, if that's the play offs or automatic I'll take it. Tuesday will be a good test, sure there will be plenty with their knives ready. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Anyone reading back our exchanges would almost certainly come to the conclusion most of the angst begins on your part you've fallen down again here by saying you aren't interested in my personal opinions yet you are the one who replies to my posts all the time or drops my username into theirs.

As for poorly written, does it really matter it's a football message board, sure sign your in a corner again and are resorting to desperate measures.

Give it arrest lad for gods sake !

Personal opinions? As in your personal opinion of me, not what I post. It's irrelevant. 

All you are doing is constantly taking this thread of topic because you can't answer questions on your opinions. If you can't stand being quoted, give posting "arrest". It's simple. 

Just now, Biz said:

Personal opinions? As in your personal opinion of me, not what I post. It's irrelevant. 

All you are doing is constantly taking this thread of topic because you can't answer questions on your opinions. If you can't stand being quoted, give posting "arrest". It's simple. 

Nobody but nobody drags things off topic like you.

Just use the ignore button because your comebacks to arguments you've started are riddles they really are.

Ta ta !

13 minutes ago, Biz said:

Isn't the point of a message board that we post our personal opinions?

Just now, Tony Rover said:

IMO we need to put aside talk of a new manager for now. It'll be Christmas when we know if we need to make some serious changes. Hasn't been pretty so far but I think with a few little tweaks we can get promotion, if that's the play offs or automatic I'll take it. Tuesday will be a good test, sure there will be plenty with their knives ready. 

I'll be honest I'm losing patience with Mowbray but I want him to do well.It's not just the results,we look no closer to finding our best 11 or system.He spent heavily on Dack yet shoves him out left,doesn't know what to do with Whittingham, won't give any of our young lads a chance despite in my opinion the likes of Caddis and Williams being poor.Mowbray spoke about attacking attractive football,the football is terrible all sideways passing and no penatration. I wouldn't care lessential about the style of football if we where getting results.But I am struggling to see any positives from Mowbray reign so far

Archived