BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Im no chaddy supporter but thats a bit low of you Jal. He does use personal issues as an excuse quite a lot but who knows what other peoples lives away from here are like

I know what JALs is like, I've seen a few documentaries on mental asylums ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Just remember all these uncalled for, aggressive, personal insults next time you try to cry bully Chaddy.

Anyway, on the game, I quite like that line up you posted. But, I would play 4-3-2-1, with Tomlinson replacing Antonsson and Nyambe in for Travis. But only because I've never seen Travis play and couldn't say whether he's any better than Nyambe.

Raya

Nyambe  Downing  Mulgrew  Williams

Smallwood  Whittingham Tomlinson

Dack   Chapman

Samuel

Let Dack and Chapman do their thing, Smallwood and Tomlinson can protect Whittingham and do most of his running so he can concentrate on his passing game. Only problem may be a lack of width, but Smallwood and Tomlinson will have get up and help out there while Whittingham sits.

I really like that line up if we are playing away from home against some of the better sides. I do think it lacks width and isn't suited to home games and the easier away days 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never miss a home league game in 20 years. Plus other personal things going on which are more important that a game of football..but i aint posting them on here

Sadly today game had to be missed

Chaddy fair enough but you never answered my question.. 

Can you please drop the act of everything rosy in the garden remember you never wanted TM as manager 

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

we don't have a Board of directors anyone. not Venkys way. Not my way but they just have a Bare minimum directors. we have 3 or 4 directors currently. 

We don't have 3-4 directors though. We have Mike Cheston who should have been sacked or resigned in embarrassment after his performance over the last 18 months. Other than that we've Rob Coar who is an OAP and admitted in a recent fan meeting that he doesn't do anything. It appears they have changed his title to give the impression that he is an active director but he isn't. Then we've Gandhi Babu who is nothing more than a name and to my knowledge has never even set foot in Ewood Park. Not remotely good enough. No football experience or knowledge on the board. A potentially sinister arrangement with a bloke involved in decision making who isn't qualified or even officially in place.

It's not your way, my way or the way of any other football club in world football. It is unacceptable. It isn't just 'one of those things' that we should just accept as their way of doing business. It is a critical flaw and the biggest reason why this club will never enjoy any success or improvement.

Mowbray's comments after the game yesterday were quite worrying:-

"They were decent, but I do expect Blackburn Rovers to be a lot better than Shrewsbury Town".

If he's transmitting that attitude to the team before an away game at the only unbeaten team in the league then it's no wonder they play at Ewood like they are going for a kickabout on the beach. The complacency (or is it hubris?) is astounding.

9 hours ago, JAL said:

Drop the Rovers bit please as you sound an idiot !

There is only idiot around here and thats you pal. How Dave Sheron this morning?

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

Im no chaddy supporter but thats a bit low of you Jal. He does use personal issues as an excuse quite a lot but who knows what other peoples lives away from here are like

Use personal issues as an excuse quite a lot? Another low blow there. I posted my private life issues on here before. I shouldnt have to posted what they are surely? 

30 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Chaddy fair enough but you never answered my question.. 

Can you please drop the act of everything rosy in the garden remember you never wanted TM as manager 

You questions were answered. 

Simply have to get 6 points this coming week to ease the pressure. 

We can play the game of being just outside the top 6 all season long. This club and this squad should be doing a lot better than it is. 

Expect to see people bigging up Rotherham as a good side and then if we only get a point it can be hailed as a success. Only a win will suffice after dropping another 5 in the last week.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We don't have 3-4 directors though. We have Mike Cheston who should have been sacked or resigned in embarrassment after his performance over the last 18 months. Other than that we've Rob Coar who is an OAP and admitted in a recent fan meeting that he doesn't do anything. It appears they have changed his title to give the impression that he is an active director but he isn't. Then we've Gandhi Babu who is nothing more than a name and to my knowledge has never even set foot in Ewood Park. Not remotely good enough. No football experience or knowledge on the board. A potentially sinister arrangement with a bloke involved in decision making who isn't qualified or even officially in place.

It's not your way, my way or the way of any other football club in world football. It is unacceptable. It isn't just 'one of those things' that we should just accept as their way of doing business. It is a critical flaw and the biggest reason why this club will never enjoy any success or improvement.

So we do have 3 directors on the board like I said? Cheston, Coar and Babu then? 

Venkys have chosen to.run the club as Mowbray is in charge of the football club and reports to Pasha then to the owners and Ewood is the admin of club and reports to Pasha then to the owners. Thats their way

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Would be an excellent move that

Haven't read the article, only seen his tweet,is it a Mowbray appointment though or is he being lined up over his head?Rigg did well as head of scouting under Hughes but is he now being brought in as Dof would have been a better appointment if it was made in the summer

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So we do have 3 directors on the board like I said? Cheston, Coar and Babu then? 

Venkys have chosen to.run the club as Mowbray is in charge of the football club and reports to Pasha then to the owners and Ewood is the admin of club and reports to Pasha then to the owners. Thats their way

It's a sham and you know it.. It's unacceptable only one real director and a double agent shadow puppet reporting back to the big fella.. 

But on the playing side the buck stops with TM yes the same bloke who took us down  and before anyone says it was Coyle who took us down I wander if cov fans say it wasn't such and such it was TM who took them down 

Big two games for TM anything less than four points and he should be potted end of.. Personally I'd like to see Johnson given a shout or Gareth Ainsworth who's doing well at Wycombe but unfortunately we all know as Dunnfc pointed out that we'll get whoever is a 33/1 shot on a certain agency books that is the only reason Warnock wasn't in the hot seat last summer 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In name maybe. That doesn't make them directors. As I've set out one of those 3 has admitted he does nothing and the other one has never been seen. The only one who actually does work at the club is out of his depth and shouldn't be doing the job.

Their way has brought this club to its knees and despite relatively vast resources we are struggling to hold on to a top 10 position in the 3rd division. We are now seeing people hailing a point at Shrewsbury as a decent result!

Their way has put us here and is now going to keep us here or even take us further down. We could have all the money in the world but until there is realisation and acceptance from the top that the structure is flawed then we won't succeed. 

Putting the manager in charge of the football club will not work. There's a reason every other club has directors. 

You appear to be comfortable or accepting of this arrangement with the manager dictating the entire direction of the football club. It isn't 1910 anymore where the manager runs the club during the week and the team on matchdays. The world has moved on in recent years and in the absence of owners in the UK it is essential we have power and experience invested in a group of clued up people. It really is very simple.

However you seem comfortable with 'Venkys way' and believe we can still be successful. I don't. 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Haven't read the article, only seen his tweet,is it a Mowbray appointment though or is he being lined up over his head?Rigg did well as head of scouting under Hughes but is he now being brought in as Dof would have been a better appointment if it was made in the summer

Classic Venky's timing.

If Rigg doesn't rate Mowbray, no doubt he will be duly potted & he'll bring in his own man.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is why you get bother (although Jal is out of line) for insisting you are right even when you are wrong.

JHRover uses FACTS to prove we've no directors/proper structure yet you still insist you are correct. You could add me, you the tea lady as named directors but if they don't do anything the problem remains.

19 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

A million miles away from promotion. Mowbray hasn't a clue. We will see Tuesday hopefully a win but TM should and quite rightly be under pressure. He's had money to spend, our wages are obscene at this level, our facilities are unprecedented at this level he has everything he could possibly want or need and he's underperforming hughely 

Totally agree, 

I sad at the start of the season if we are to win promotion and get the desired number of points needed for that we need 6wins 2 draws 2 losses in 10 games. Giving us 20points per 10 games. If I was in charge over TM id be judging him every 10 games, fall short and you've the next 10 games to 'catch up'  other wise we will finish at best in the play offs , personally I cant see us finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

As my old mate said whos a bookie manager " you should p|ss that league " on current form we are falling short.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Use personal issues as an excuse quite a lot? Another low blow there. I posted my private life issues on here before. I shouldnt have to posted what they are surely? 

Point is we all have personal issues. Nobody needs to know what they are, although I'll tell you mine if you feel the need to hear them. I wasn't intending to have a go at you but to support you on this one occasion

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

we aren't millions miles away at all. 

Mowbray knows his target for season. 

we are 9th after 8 games with a game in hand on teams in top 6. season is 46 games. win nothing for being in top 2 after 9 games as long as we finish top 2 after 46 games that all that's matters. it a marathon not sprint 

Do you honestly believe if he continues the way he has we will finish top 2 by the end of the season? You've been backing the wrong horse for years now so maybe you'll get lucky this time. I hope so because we'll go into meltdown if he continues to screw it up.

Too many fans beleived we'd walk the league. I personally didn't think it'd be easy, but I also didn't expect so many managerial gaffs at this level.

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Wouldn't mind Johnson, ( I was suggesting either him or Matt Jansen following relegation). 

Doubt Rigg knows much about him, though.

Let's change the owners first and return the club back into Blackburn hands.

12 minutes ago, JAL said:

Let's change the owners first and return the club back into Blackburn hands.

Ideally, of course.

In reality we are looking at making the best of a bad job.

Rigg potentially coming in, (who presumably knows the difference between arse and elbow), would be a step in the right direction.

The key will be whether he will be given any clout to make decisions.

Surely a guy of his experience would only take the job if that was to be the case.

Would also need to last more than five minutes.

Archived