BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

My main worry is what happens if we don't get promoted this season.. All those who were hoodwinked and optimistic before the season started will they be taken in again.. Attendances will dip further and the likelihood of getting back will become more difficult under these twohats 

Unless things change drastic over the next 2 months I dont think we will get promoted or be on course and even if TM was potted at Xmas the next guy wont be of the caliber to get us promoted unless the powers that be decide on spending some serious money and bring in a good proven manager but we all know that wont happen.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive similarities to Bowyers safety first approach and after a failed experiment we are back to two holding midfielders every home game, quick wingers only getting on when desperate and square pegs in round holes creeping in again.

Groundhog Rovers.

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

If he does come he'll have sold his soul to the devil... Part time advisor to Pasha 

Well if he does come in as part time advisor to the man with many names, he will be on a poor wage as the job spec that miraculously went to Kenatro Pasha stated that the wage was only 50K a year, can't see rigg coming for less than that can you?

Anyway what will he be advising Pasha about? his job spec was basically a messenger to Pune towers, maybe showing them how skype works etc? . Surely he (Kentaro Pasha) is not doing other things around the club that is not specified in the job spec he got which led to a work visa, especially on only 50k a year..

EDIT. when it was first mentioned about Rigg coming back part time I briefly thought this may be a trial which if successful might see Rigg becoming full time and Pasha scurrying off back to Barnet ,Zurich  Pune as it seems quite a bit warmer than anticipated in the kitchen for the shadow director despite the deflection tactics. But then remembered the loons in pune, hopes dashed

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

As Islander said, Mowbray said he was in charge of transfers, if Rigg was brought in, Rigg would be in charge of transfers.

And so what? I don't see it as any insult to Mowbray. He is the manager(or is it head coach?) His job is to train and motivate the players. Maybe he even asked for help with transfers?

I really don't see why people are getting worked about this 

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So,the guy roundly hated now has a proper football person now to give him some advice,and people have a problem...

Let's have the club back in Blackburn hands instead of this bunch of shysters big dog.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Stat Attack: In the 22 games Mowbray has been in charge in the league I make that it we have only scored 7 goals in the first half and in only 5 matches, and only 3 of those goals have come at Ewood (2 in the MK game from defenders!). He must really get them fired up before the game:lol:

Don't forget to include Tony's asistants in all this.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And so what? I don't see it as any insult to Mowbray. He is the manager(or is it head coach?) His job is to train and motivate the players. Maybe he even asked for help with transfers?

I really don't see why people are getting worked about this 

You where saying the same thing last year when Senior was appointed, an appointment which turned out to be pointless. 

I actually think bringing in Rigg is a good move,if he is allowed to do his job and make decisions.Mowbray should have to answer to someone.I just find the timing of this potential move strange,if it was Mowbray who asked for help do you not think someone would have been brought in the summer when they could have had an affect on our recruitment? In my view if this does happen it isn't a Mowbray appointment, it's because Mowbray is on borrowed time

So,the guy roundly hated now has a proper football person now to give him some advice,and people have a problem...

Mowbray has more football experience than rigg so how do you work that one out ??? 

FYI the only hatred is towards venkys and what they've done to this club or do you not grasp that 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Stat Attack: In the 22 games Mowbray has been in charge in the league I make that it we have only scored 7 goals in the first half and in only 5 matches, and only 3 of those goals have come at Ewood (2 in the MK game from defenders!). He must really get them fired up before the game:lol:

Didn't Mowbray freely admit last season he favoured a strategy of keeping it tight and "staying in the game" until half time?

Can't for the life of me understand why you'd want to do that, to my mind it's hard enough to win a game in 90 mins let alone 45 and if you're coasting through part of the game you're making life so much more difficult for yourselves.

I used to think the same when Bowyer was in charge tbh, that the team rarely turned up before 4p.m. in home games.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Massive similarities to Bowyers safety first approach and after a failed experiment we are back to two holding midfielders every home game, quick wingers only getting on when desperate and square pegs in round holes creeping in again.

Groundhog Rovers.

13/14 - Rovers were 5th highest scorers in the Championship

14/15 - 10th highest

Other than a couple of tweets from the chubby yarnster, is there any corroboration Rigg has actually taken up any role at the club?

Aoologies if I've missed it.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Other than a couple of tweets from the chubby yarnster, is there any corroboration Rigg has actually taken up any role at the club?

Aoologies if I've missed it.

No !  But he's already been appointed part time advisor, moved to full time DOF, promoted to CE then sacked with a handsome pay off having got rid of Mowbray and sold all the players :lol:

Nice work Mike.

Just now, tomphil said:

Something tells me the calibre of the strike force was a notch or two up from what it is now.

So was the league, which we were 5th highest scorers in, which repudiates your assertion Bowyer took a safety first approach. He clearly didn't.

This takes me back to those heady days in the Championship when we all used to argue this stuff for hours :)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

So was the league, which we were 5th highest scorers in, which repudiates your assertion Bowyer took a safety first approach. He clearly didn't.

This takes me back to those heady days in the Championship when we all used to argue this stuff for hours :)

Time plays funny tricks on the mind though so i'll forgive you ^_^

7 hours ago, Biz said:

Something like this is not a fix all solution though. The initial thought for me is it feels like a way of ramping up the pressure on TM, and at the same time planning for the potential of him leaving.

Assumption? Personal opinion?

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't Mowbray freely admit last season he favoured a strategy of keeping it tight and "staying in the game" until half time?

Probably. He also gave the impression that it was a temporary situation to save our Championship status before we flowered into free-flowing practitioners of the beautiful game. He's said pretty much the same this season. File under fantasist.

Just now, tomphil said:

No !  But he's already been appointed part time advisor, moved to full time DOF, promoted to CE then sacked with a handsome pay off having got rid of Mowbray and sold all the players :lol:

Nice work Mike.

:D

Not to mention that his proposed appointment is somehow linked in to the highly secretive shadow organisation which allegedly control us operating from underneath a false volcano somewhere in deepest darkest Switzerland.

We can see if it happens I suppose.

Archived