BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket sales confirmation

Honestly, we've got to stop being critical of the club for now living within its reality. 

Yes, the two relegations have been disastrous for season tickets sales, attendances, and overall fan engagement, but do people really expect them to just come out publicly and say 'we've sold 7,500 tickets, but that's really terrible compared to where we were. This has been a disaster'. 

It's a pretty solid effort and I think Mowbray is right to see it as a vote of confidence for him and for the start of the transfer window. 

That's not dumbing down. That's not saying you're fine with everything that has happened. That's saying - we are a league one club right now and this is an encouraging sign. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Four stages of sales for games we won't even sell out for...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/july/southend-v-rovers---ticket-and-travel-information/

You seem to forget that Boycotters have said they ll turn up in numbers away from home ...tongue in cheek .. seriously though i can quite see us quite easily selling out for this and the majority of away games due to limited tickets and the novelty factor of certain grounds to visit 

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

You seem to forget that Boycotters have said they ll turn up in numbers away from home ...tongue in cheek .. seriously though i can quite see us quite easily selling out for this and the majority of away games due to limited tickets and the novelty factor of certain grounds to visit 

People will just go with the flow the away support who don't attend at home will be interesting to see what the away support actually is. I'd rather chuck money in our pot. I'm too long in the tooth for that kind of caper to go here there & everywhere so there's nothing new to see as I've already seen it.

How are boycotters going to support team away? Surely teams in this league have smaller grounds so fewer away tickets when they go on sale to 1875 members first then season ticket holders then on General sale (if any left), that's how I read it,

4 minutes ago, Mum63 said:

How are boycotters going to support team away? Surely teams in this league have smaller grounds so fewer away tickets when they go on sale to 1875 members first then season ticket holders then on General sale (if any left), that's how I read it,

It was tongue in cheek and quoting boycotters several years ago who were prepared to watch the games away. Tickets obviously more  readily available in the Champs.

As i said tickets will be  limited and i think be in demand 

I've paid the membership fee for a season tickets holder who wasn't going to be in the 1875 club (doesn't go to away games) - so i'll be fine for tickets. Workarounds!

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

It was tongue in cheek and quoting boycotters several years ago who were prepared to watch the games away. Tickets obviously more  readily available in the Champs.

As i said tickets will be  limited and i think be in demand 

TBH a lot of league one grounds we'll get a decent allocation only Fleetwood and Wimbledon were we get a small allocation possibly struggle for the local ones like Bury and Rochdale

• 4 weeks later...

Well obviously there were lots of games when nowhere near 10500 were in the ground, I personally knew a load of ST holders that missed plenty of games yet we're still counted in the crowd figure.

Your point is that the club are inflating ST sales by 40% by adding 3000 phantom people onto the ST figures, why?

Just now, MGPensioner said:

Club propaganda. Don would call it fake news. Some would call it plain lies. It is to influence public opinion Matty like their press releases to the LT.

You remind me of the honourable Suhail Slayer, late of this parish. He used to make grand pronouncements that always turned out to be false.;)

3 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

Club propaganda. Don would call it fake news. Some would call it plain lies. It is to influence public opinion Matty like their press releases to the LT.

You need to talk to fans of other clubs. As far as I am aware most (if not all) clubs include absent season ticket holders, corporate give aways etc in their attendance figures - if it is club propaganda, it isn't just the Venky's that do this. TBH if you are trying to pursuade people to attend - you have far more chance inflating attendance figures and giving the impression lots of people go (just seems to be human nature).

If you want the real figures - you need the ones handed to the emergency services that show the real numbers of bums on seats (I do recollect one poster managing to get his/her hands on these figures previously).

To be fair that poster was often a bit mischievous with his figures as well at times but I think the crowds are that low now it's hard to dress them up by several thousand and with auditors watching every move hopefully the the clear massaging of the Kean/Agnew/Shaw era is a thing of the past.

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Or, like everyone else, the club has started it's Christmas advertising and this (half S/T) might be a present some are hoping to receive if we continue to be in around the play-offs.

Which is exactly what they do every year that half-season tickets have been sold.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Which is exactly what they do every year that half-season tickets have been sold.

My mate at work a month ago 'If we're still up near the top in December I will ask for a half season ticket for Christmas off the missus' Now obviously I called him a fickle so-and-so but the thing is people follow success. He's not a boycotter he just stopped going when they appointed Coyle. A sniff of success and people want to know again. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was mostly dull as dishwater with a negative manager at the helm. He can find that out for himself:)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think that's between a man and his wife...although he did say he'd started some DIY recently so he may be engaged in strategic manoeuvres in the dark.

Is one on your Christmas wish list?

I like the idea of it but I’ll stick to aways and iFollow at home. I’m one of the few remaining NAPM brigade!

Archived