BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket sales confirmation

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over 7,500 fans have so far signed up for the 2017-18 season.........Rovers manager Tony Mowbray was delighted to learn of the bumper backing his side will receive during the upcoming campaign

Bumper. Wow!!¡!!

I can't see any company starting an article; "yes, we are completely screwed compared to 6 years ago but we may be turning a corner.."

If we sell more than 2016/17- what does that say about the "Coyle effect"?

20 minutes ago, Biz said:

I can't see any company starting an article; "yes, we are completely screwed compared to 6 years ago but we may be turning a corner.."

If we sell more than 2016/17- what does that say about the "Coyle effect"?

Just outlines what a horrendous appointment it was and how insulted the fans felt.

Additionally nice to see levels haven't dropped too badly you'd have thought a second relegation may have killed a few more off but it just outlines the potential this club has when Venkys F.off.

Good effort if it's true given all that's gone on and the general feeling towards the ownership and running of the club., Not sure about them passing last years there won't be many more punted now without a few more ambitious signings but it looks like 8 to 9k official home fans per game. Doesn't make us massive in that league by any means but some good form could see it improve.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Good effort if it's true given all that's gone on and the general feeling towards the ownership and running of the club., Not sure about them passing last years there won't be many more punted now without a few more ambitious signings but it looks like 8 to 9k official home fans per game. Doesn't make us massive in that league by any means but some good form could see it improve.

A couple of good more signings should be knocking on the door.

A decent number for a club that was relegated.  If we get off to a good start I'm sure more fans will return - nothing like a winning team, no matter what division, to get fans supporting the club in greater numbers.  The last two seasons in this division saw gates climb steadily because we were challenging for promotion - hopefully the same will happen again.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only if good player sales are rejected or money is re-invested when the inevitable happens.

Think they are waiting now for offers for the departing players & then reinvest. The club I believe cannot stop players from leaving because some players simply want to move on lured by more money. The signings should be judged upon further development its slow building blocks the next phase I hope.

Well, it's more than I expected. I suspect a few people who felt like they didn't want to pay to watch us lose every week last season possibly feel like they will see us win a few in a lower league.

How many season tickets were we selling ten years ago, about 15,000?

7,500 season tickets is about right for a club that plied its trade in the biggest league in the world only 6yrs ago.

My only criticism is the fact Cheston is still in his job, after both the Coyle appointment and the pay day loans secured against the season ticket sales, why is he still in post?

With no sign of the Pune rats departing anytime soon, sadly my seat at Ewood will remain vacant, but I firmly believe its only a matter of time before those rats desert the ship and the club starts to rebuild, lets hope that day comes sooner rather than later and we can all start to recover from this nightmare.

Venkys out.

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

7,500 season tickets is about right for a club that plied its trade in the biggest league in the world only 6yrs ago.

My only criticism is the fact Cheston is still in his job, after both the Coyle appointment and the pay day loans secured against the season ticket sales, why is he still in post?

With no sign of the Pune rats departing anytime soon, sadly my seat at Ewood will remain vacant, but I firmly believe its only a matter of time before those rats desert the ship and the club starts to rebuild, lets hope that day comes sooner rather than later and we can all start to recover from this nightmare.

Venkys out.

Nail on the head with Cheston got it wrong trimming costs and selling last year both by amounts and timing wise which penultimately has cost the club a further loss of revenue in L1 this year so another 5m added to the debt pile unnesserily, afraid and openly admitted despite being able to he won't talk to the owners but instead uses Suhail. The man has no self respect and should be no where near this club. 

If only this was anything like the last time we were in this division. :rolleyes:

I'd rather lick p1ss off a nettle than pay a penny to the loons, even if we were winning 28-0 every week

Fair play to those than can stomach it

50 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Nail on the head with Cheston got it wrong trimming costs and selling last year both by amounts and timing wise which penultimately has cost the club a further loss of revenue in L1 this year so another 5m added to the debt pile unnesserily, afraid and openly admitted despite being able to he won't talk to the owners but instead uses Suhail. The man has no self respect and should be no where near this club. 

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A decent number for a club that was relegated.  If we get off to a good start I'm sure more fans will return - nothing like a winning team, no matter what division, to get fans supporting the club in greater numbers.  The last two seasons in this division saw gates climb steadily because we were challenging for promotion - hopefully the same will happen again.

Hopefully ?

are you for real or just pass any @#/? ?

I thought we'd end up there and there abouts with last season, the 5000 figure just didn't run true for me.

For third tier football and after 7 years of utter farce, not bad at all, just imagine if we actually got our act together (oh and had some proper owners).

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I thought we'd end up there and there abouts with last season, the 5000 figure just didn't run true for me.

For third tier football and after 7 years of utter farce, not bad at all, just imagine if we actually got our act together (oh and had some proper owners).

We have a hardcore support Matty, always have had really, around the 7000 mark most seasons before Jack came in.

If the club starts the season well, we'll be pulling over 10,000 before Christmas and possibly 15k towards the back end of the season if we're challenging.

The support is still strong, we just need rid of these ****s from Pune.

The clocks ticking :tu:

I met John Williams in about 2009, he said one of the things he was told on joining was 'we've got 8000 fans'

He said 'eh? Don't we get crowds of 20,000+? ' The club said that they have to continually work to keep that many in the tent, the 8000 will be there regardless. 

JW said he never forgot that and worked his arse off to get people firstly to the ground and then keeping them there, it is much easier to lose support than to gain/keep it, a lesson these fools never heeded.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm quite surprise but very happy that so many Rovers fans have decided to renew or buy a new season tickets to back Mowbray and the players. 

This summer's selection.... wonder what next summers lot will look like.

Still lots more empty seats ......talks cheap from Rovers at this moment in time.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

This summer's selection.... wonder what next summers lot will look like.

Still lots more empty seats ......talks cheap from Rovers at this moment in time.

Test Match Cricket. Get the telly on and today you could see a very special once in a lifetime event happen. No more clues to be given.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The dumbing down continues. We've lost 2/3rds of the support across 7 years and we and the club are supposed to be happy with 7k season ticket sales.

How many did you expect?

Archived