BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

A bright sunny day to start the new football season and to send the fans' optimism spiralling upwards.

As it seems at least Lenihan is going to play, I'm going for a Rovers' win by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

We need to remember we are playing Southend and not Real Madrid.  No doubt some teams will raise their game because they are playing Rovers, equally, I feel some will show us too much respect and will therefore pay the price.  Whatever Southend do, I really feel we've too much fire power for them to handle.

Onwards and upwards.  Bring it on.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't read too much into the result as it takes a few games to settle in to a season.

That being said, it would be good to start the season off with a win.

Rovers to win 1-0 Graham.

COYB

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A bright sunny day to start the new football season and to send the fans' optimism spiralling upwards.

As it seems at least Lenihan is going to play, I'm going for a Rovers' win by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

We need to remember we are playing Southend and not Real Madrid.  No doubt some teams will raise their game because they are playing Rovers, equally, I feel some will show us too much respect and will therefore pay the price.  Whatever Southend do, I really feel we've too much fire power for them to handle.

Don't you start again! I'm still not over your crap from last year about definitely not going down.

42 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Love the optimism, can't say I'm qualified to share it though, with me being unable to name 1 Southend player and most of our first 11 these days.

If we have the same 'can't be arsed' attitude running through the squad that we saw last season we'll struggle, so lets hope TM has beaten that out of them over the summer.

Very good to see both Lenihan and Mulgrew are playing. and Mulgrew is the captain

Rich Sharpe says it could be 3-4-1-2 formation.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Williams

Dack

Graham   Samuel

subs:- Ward, Caddis, Evans, Feeney, Chapman, Tomlinson, Leutwiler

A very strong line up, by Div 1 standards, for our first game.  Feel even more optimistic now.  The Shrimpers will be shrivelling when they see that team sheet.  Rovers by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Southend averaged 7,406 with a high of 10,321 last season. Rovers following expected to be 1,500.

Presume Mulgrew is captain?

(where's Preston Blue?)

Brilliant turnout from our lot! Hope you all enjoy, hope Parsons has found a decent bar!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Very good to see both Lenihan and Mulgrew are playing. and Mulgrew is the captain

Rich Sharpe says it could be 3-4-1-2 formation.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Williams

Dack

Graham   Samuel

subs:- Ward, Caddis, Evans, Feeney, Chapman, Tomlinson, Leutwiler

I hope not, Nyambe isn't good enough to play centre back. Keep it simple Mowbray!

Just now, RV Blue said:

I hope not, Nyambe isn't good enough to play centre back. Keep it simple Mowbray!

Rover could line up 4-2-3-1 formation

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Samuel       Dack     Bennett

Graham

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Please I'm keeping faith in nyambe he was appalling last year I'm hoping L1 football is like some awesome loan move for him and he improves. Come on Ryan lad

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Please I'm keeping faith in nyambe he was appalling last year I'm hoping L1 football is like some awesome loan move for him and he improves. Come on Ryan lad

Nyambe was appalling? really?

I seen most of his games and he was decent at worst

How many games of Nyambe did you see Live? Please explain why he was appalling then?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe was appalling? really?

I seen most of his games and he was decent at worst

How many games of Nyambe did you see Live? Please explain why he was appalling then?

He was abysmal. No positional thought, ponderous in his mind I.e should he go forward or back which meant being caught out and balls played over the top in the room he left behind usually meaning Lenihan was dragged out and CBs being exposed. Couldn't cross, half and half in a tackle, didn't dare to head a ball or if he did it usually went 20ft straight above him. He was poor chaddy.

Hopefully a league drop and its lack of quality gives him a platform to find his confidence and kick on now as he has attributed like pace, stamina to succeed at full back. Mowbray being a defender hopefully has worked with him

Archived