BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Reserving judgement on this one until I see our starting eleven.

Boss this 1 i hope gone for slender win. Not sure? Do you think it's safe money or should have I gone with the draw. Don't gamble much always welcome advice.

Another season upon us, something like number 46 for me and I'm feeling insanely optimistic given the events of the last 6-7 years.

The bookies seem to have us as a virtual shoe in for the title, surely it won't be that straight forward and they have a slightly inflated opinion of our abilities?

Nevertheless I'm going to leave it until at least ten to five to have my optimism completely dashed. Hope all those travelling have a great day and see a performance like the one at Brentford.

A draw wouldn't surprise me.  Lots of new faces so I don't expect them to gel straight away. Central defence worries me, we need our best pairing there so the attacking players can do their jobs. Apprehensive but optimistic for the season.

48 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

1-1 Simon Cox, Bradley Dack.

Att 10038

Couldn't agree more. That 10,039th attendee signed up to iFollow on a whim this morning, lazy day in bed.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Another season upon us, something like number 46 for me and I'm feeling insanely optimistic given the events of the last 6-7 years.

The bookies seem to have us as a virtual shoe in for the title, surely it won't be that straight forward and they have a slightly inflated opinion of our abilities?

Nevertheless I'm going to leave it until at least ten to five to have my optimism completely dashed. Hope all those travelling have a great day and see a performance like the one at Brentford.

Just shows, in spite of everything what The Rovers still mean to us all.

I've no intentions of pitching up at Ewood any time soon, but it is getting harder to resist.

A believable Manager and a group of new players has transformed outlook.

Think back to last August, and contrast. I still shudder.

I still feel a little disconnected, but that's all to do with not being present at games. 

I long to return to my seat.

Good luck to everyone today. Let's romp it :P

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/15455640.Head_to_head__Southend_United_v_Blackburn_Rovers/

They've only ever beaten us once. We'll sh1t 'em 2-2. Graham with both.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/15453875.Blues_winger_Kightly__Blackburn_s_taunts_will_spur_me_on/

Don't be fooled. If you're going, give him both barrels. He'll crumble like the spineless dingle he most likely is.

Well another season rolls around. I'm out in Spain and roasting in the heat. I've stayed off the board since we arrived out here but now the real stuff starts. I can't be optimistic after all the garbage we've had to endure under the Chicken Chokers so I'll be hoping for an away draw.

I'll be back in the UK in time for the game in my adopted home town of Rochdale as long as I don't melt out here.

So 1-1 today.

• Backroom

I may get slammed for this (I will) but I think I'd be happy with a draw.

First game, target on our back, away from home to a team close to the top 6 last year, not losing would be ok and set us up to beat Doncaster next week at home 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I may get slammed for this (I will) but I think I'd be happy with a draw.

First game, target on our back, away from home to a team close to the top 6 last year, not losing would be ok and set us up to beat Doncaster next week at home 

Clean sheet and I'd agree. We don't want goals against going through the roof again.

I'm going for a 4-2 win for Rovers! Simply on the basis that was the score when me and my boy played FIFA on the Xbox this morning. On a more serious note I do believe we need to get off to a running start, get that winning mentality and show we mean business. I fear if we have too many draws thrown in with some loses and TM will be straight under the cosh. If that happens I wouldn't even want to fathom a guess at who we could have in next. 

Archived