BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

6 hours ago, skous18 said:

does anyone have any problems with recieving the tickets for the match, cause ive ordered mine on the 26th of July but i have not recieve them yet

I usually get mine the next day. 

I'd give the ticket office a call.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
13 hours ago, JAL said:

No way should we be playing Simon Conning's dummy Ryan Nyambe after his disasterous performance at Carlisle. Anyone know how much we are paying the dummy ?

The kid is 19 years old and only broke into the first team last season. For Christ's sake, get off his back.

Truth be told this is the first game in a long time I've gone into with little idea of how we'll do. I know little about league 1 (it's been over 5 years since watching Carlisle play regularly) whilst with the new signings leave me a tad more unfamiliar as to how we'll do also. 

The only other time we started a season on the day I was/am attending a wedding was when we lost 3-0 to Portsmouth in 2006. I appreciate this is a less than scientific approach, but am fairly confident that we won't see a repeat of that negative scoreline. 

Knowing they have Hendrie in their team does wonders for my confidence. One of the worst players to wear a Rovers shirt in recent times. 

On one hand I feel the likes of Dack, Whittingham, our wingers and Graham have more than enough flair to steamroller over Southend. But on the other hand I'm not sure that the team has enough steel in for a lower-league scrap, and could melt under the physicality of the opposition. If pushed to make a guess I'll go with a draw, with these two factors balancing each other out. 

Last season our slow start amongst other things cost us. Here's hoping we get out of the blocks quickly, and our start adds rather than hinders our season. 

Better get used to it in this div there is a lot of hardcore supporters of clubs who've never been anywhere and never will who just live to try and bring down the likes of our lot a peg or two.  I've massive respect for these fans who turn up every week just because they love their local club and love football although a lot of them with fall into the armchair Man Utd / Liverpool etc category who feel the need to support a TV team as well so that often means extra bile for the likes of us.

These games are their cup finals so lets hope it is just a one off season and we haven't finally levelled out in this division as the Venky era Rovers !

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Better get used to it in this div there is a lot of hardcore supporters of clubs who've never been anywhere and never will who just live to try and bring down the likes of our lot a peg or two.  I've massive respect for these fans who turn up every week just because they love their local club and love football although a lot of them with fall into the armchair Man Utd / Liverpool etc category who feel the need to support a TV team as well so that often means extra bile for the likes of us.

These games are their cup finals so lets hope it is just a one off season and we haven't finally levelled out in this division as the Venky era Rovers !

One of the comments on their forum was that they will need to "flatten Graham early". It reminded me of playing Junior football on Sunday morning here in rural Ireland , where the majority of players were nursing hangovers and you would have lads smoking on the sideline at half time 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

One of the comments on their forum was that they will need to "flatten Graham early". It reminded me of playing Junior football on Sunday morning here in rural Ireland , where the majority of players were nursing hangovers and you would have lads smoking on the sideline at half time 

That's why our lot must have the appetite for it and why I think we need a hard nut centre half.  Many of them coasted it in the championship so they need  to pull thier fingers out every game down here.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's why our lot must have the appetite for it and why I think we need a hard nut centre half.  Many of them coasted it in the championship so they need  to pull thier fingers out every game down here.

I think we will do well at Ewood, but away in some of these grounds its going to be really put up to us. I have the same concerns as yourself. 

Raya

Caddis Lenihan Mulgrew Williams               

Smallwood Whittingham

Gladwin       Dack            Bennett

Graham

This would be the team I'd pick and I'm guessing it won't be far off the team that starts , maybe Nyambe will be in for Caddis.

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The kid is 19 years old and only broke into the first team last season. For Christ's sake, get off his back.

He's paid to do a job, selected because he suppose to be capable of performing that job, if, he doesn't .....then he deserves criticism... they all do.

If he does well then the praise will come.

You have to ask does the nineteen year old get paid the adult rate or nineteen year olds rate ? Expect it to be the adult rate.

1 minute ago, JAL said:

He's paid to do a job, selected because he suppose to be capable of performing that job, if, he doesn't .....then he deserves criticism... they all do.

If he does well then the praise will come.

Or ,more likely, the moaners will move onto another target. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or ,more likely, the moaners will move onto another target. 

If he shapes like he did against Carlisle I.e a keaner .......then the manager shouldn't be putting them in leaving no space for moaners.

"If the team sheet gets announced and so and so isn't on it then it is just a knock or tightness. Nobody that a week Saturday wouldn't be fit and available for the team."

Mowbray said this about 1 or 2 mystery knocks today. Would be very dubious if our best 2 centre backs arent both starting.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He's N-n-n-n-nineteen, nineteen...N-nineteen, nineteen

Under Venky's, the typical player was a free on a short-term contract. And was exposed to hostile fire in every game.

According to a fans' spokesperson
Half of the Rovers' support suffered
From what psychiatrists call
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Many fans complain of alienation, rage, or guilt

S-S-S-S-Steve Kean

Venky's, S-S-S-S-Steve Kean

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

He's N-n-n-n-nineteen, nineteen...N-nineteen, nineteen

Under Venky's, the typical player was a free on a short-term contract. And was exposed to hostile fire in every game.

According to a fans' spokesperson
Half of the Rovers' support suffered
From what psychiatrists call
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Many fans complain of alienation, rage, or guilt

S-S-S-S-Steve Kean

Venky's, S-S-S-S-Steve Kean

Way over the heads of most on here.........

• Backroom
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

"If the team sheet gets announced and so and so isn't on it then it is just a knock or tightness. Nobody that a week Saturday wouldn't be fit and available for the team."

Mowbray said this about 1 or 2 mystery knocks today. Would be very dubious if our best 2 centre backs arent both starting.

We know, you keep saying :P 

Mulgrew being injured would hardly be suspicious, he gets injured waking up 

Have we sold out yet?

Fingers crossed for an opening day win tomorrow, if only for the loyal band of Rovers travellers making the long trip south, you're a credit to the club.

If you see that Venky stooge call him a **** from me 

Archived