BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought Dack contributed a lot. He found pockets of space in between their defence and midfield and was prepared to go at them on several occasions. The number of foul challenges on him was indicative of how Bradford feared him. I'm sure that he will infuriate us at times but his importance in behind the striker will be crucial.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack was bright enough but didn't do much substantial, apart from a weak deflected shock.

Gladwins main contribution was putting us into trouble at the other end at one point.

We will need alot more going forward, thats for sure. 

Thanks guys. Ive read about 8 or 9 people reviews. Most said we were better side, look solid and defensively good, work hard. Plus everyone had a good game. Dack causes them problems until injury. Gladwin then did the same. 

Had tickets but gave them to best friend and his missus to go. Sadly couldnt be at the game due to missus health. 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

On their forums it suggested he played a bit further forward than when he had previously played against them. They also said he was class but that he also played a lot better against them before. Why Mowbray left him out at home to Donny is still beyond me.

I believe he was injured? Then again, even if wasn't injured, everyone needed dropping with how bad we were at Southend. 

9 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

1 loss in 6 still isn't bad though. Put away form must be one of the worst in the 92.

I stand corrected though. 

Away form is half the story. Our home form, on the same basis, is 1 win in 6. Or 2 losses in 6.

I think it's been like this for a while. We seem to get better results away from Ewood than we do in it. Dare I mention the fans anger at home?

Sure, I'm being miserable. I don't want to be. I want us to win. But Mowbray has to sort out this confidence and belief issue that we seem to have, particularly at home. That's got to happen if we want promotion. Hopefully he can do the job.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks guys. Ive read about 8 or 9 people reviews. Most said we were better side, look solid and defensively good, work hard. Plus everyone had a good game. Dack causes them problems until injury. Gladwin then did the same. 

Had tickets but gave them to best friend and his missus to go. Sadly couldnt be at the game due to missus health. 

Dack was bright like i said but there was no real end product. Gladwin came on to do a job rather than anything else.

Thought our best attacking player was arguably Conway, mainly based on the cross for the goal.

We ground out the win and everyone seemed to know what they where doing in order to be organised and hard to beat.

That said, there was no real movement or ideas going forward, hence the lack of clear cut chances.

Gladwin made a few clumsy mistakes when he had the ball, but he put himself about a lot, broke up some of their play, and he's bloody huge. Think he's a good signing for this league if we need to chuck a bully boy into a game.

Start him against the misfits who've "run into some money".

Just now, Phil T said:

Away form is half the story. Our home form, on the same basis, is 1 win in 6. Or 2 losses in 6.

I think it's been like this for a while. We seem to get better results away from Ewood than we do in it. Dare I mention the fans anger at home?

Sure, I'm being miserable. I don't want to be. I want us to win. But Mowbray has to sort out this confidence and belief issue that we seem to have, particularly at home. That's got to happen if we want promotion. Hopefully he can do the job.

We need to start home games at a high tempo, not our usual pre season friendly style of opening 15 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I disagree- away form has been an issue for a good few years, going back to when Allardyce was around. Dare I say it- we might have been in the Championship play offs if Bowyer had got a proper grip of it. A win yesterday was a big step forward in my eyes. 

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

On their forums it suggested he played a bit further forward than when he had previously played against them. They also said he was class but that he also played a lot better against them before. Why Mowbray left him out at home to Donny is still beyond me.

Probably for being pictured in a night club after the loss against Southend. A bit harsh perhaps, but rules for young footballers are good.

It's very positive that by the sounds of it, we still have seen nowhere near the best of him. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack was bright like i said but there was no real end product. Gladwin came on to do a job rather than anything else.

Thought our best attacking player was arguably Conway, mainly based on the cross for the goal.

We ground out the win and everyone seemed to know what they where doing in order to be organised and hard to beat.

That said, there was no real movement or ideas going forward, hence the lack of clear cut chances.

That is this division is about. 

We will improve as a team and develop our attacking play. 

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I disagree- away form has been an issue for a good few years, going back to when Allardyce was around. Dare I say it- we might have been in the Championship play offs if Bowyer had got a proper grip of it. A win yesterday was a big step forward in my eyes. 

Just to clarify... Bowyer, for all his faults, had us 8th or 9th at the end of one season, didn't he? Has any manager bettered that since? And wasn't Allardyce rumoured to be famous for writing off away games in order to focus resources on home games? We were always rubbish away under Allardyce, but that never really mattered, as long as our solid home form let us punch above our weight.

Youcan win at league champions Newcastle, and lose 10 games at home against garbage, and your season is buggered, isn't it? I'm not really seeing a pattern change, and can't see it coming, either.

I agree that the win at Bradford was huge, particularly against a Bradford team that won their first two matches. In fact, out of our three matches so far, that's the one you'd want to win. I don't know if you watched the match - my perspective is obviously different, but the level of performance still worries me, just as it did against Southend. The issues of confidence, belief, slowness in attack, not knowing a plan of attack in the final third, still seem to be there to me.

From watching the extended highlights a few things stand out to me. Firstly, it looked like an absolute scrap. Hopefully we are prepared to do this every game. Secondly, our set piece routines need work. We are going to win frees in this league with the likes of Dack, Conway and Bennett running at defenders. We just didn't seem to threaten from them. I suppose teams are good at defending them in this league too as I have read it games can come down to set piece battles. I would just like to see some kind of routine, maybe short or low to the edge of the box rather than in on their centre halves heads. I dont think we have a Samba who will go and win those battles. 

Other than that I agree that the result was great, but we still don't look to be as fluid as we can be. Still we will win games if we outfight the opposition,as we have quality. Hard work beats talent, if talent doesn't work hard. 

38 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/bradford-v-rovers---extended-highlights/

Looks like Conway put in a shift and caused all sorts of problems. He will be a valuable asset in this league.  Quick accurate crosses from either wing. Luvly. 

Thanks for posting that. It was good to see us putting the foot in and competing. Dack put a couple of naughty ones in and Smallwood too. Nothing wrong with that. One gripe is the final ball of Bennett. He's excellent at closing down people but his use of the ball is poor.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

From watching the extended highlights a few things stand out to me. Firstly, it looked like an absolute scrap. Hopefully we are prepared to do this every game. Secondly, our set piece routines need work. We are going to win frees in this league with the likes of Dack, Conway and Bennett running at defenders. We just didn't seem to threaten from them. I suppose teams are good at defending them in this league too as I have read it games can come down to set piece battles. I would just like to see some kind of routine, maybe short or low to the edge of the box rather than in on their centre halves heads. I dont think we have a Samba who will go and win those battles. 

Other than that I agree that the result was great, but we still don't look to be as fluid as we can be. Still we will win games if we outfight the opposition,as we have quality. Hard work beats talent, if talent doesn't work hard. 

Most teams send the 2 centre backs up for set pieces. Yesterday, Ward (our tallest player), stayed back for most set pieces which was odd.  As Mulgrew takes half the free kicks, we have little height in there.  

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Thanks for posting that. It was good to see us putting the foot in and competing. Dack put a couple of naughty ones in and Smallwood too. Nothing wrong with that. One gripe is the final ball of Bennett. He's excellent at closing down people but his use of the ball is poor.

Ya, he appeared to be a little nuisance yesterday, Thats what you want 

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/bradford-v-rovers---extended-highlights/

Looks like Conway put in a shift and caused all sorts of problems. He will be a valuable asset in this league.  Quick accurate crosses from either wing. Luvly. 

Who's the tall blond lump in midfield ? 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Who's the tall blond lump in midfield ? 

Must admit from watching iFollow without commentary, I thought it was Tomlinson at first. It's actually Gladwin.

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

Gladwin made a few clumsy mistakes when he had the ball, but he put himself about a lot, broke up some of their play, and he's bloody huge. Think he's a good signing for this league if we need to chuck a bully boy into a game.

Start him against the misfits who've "run into some money".

If he is huge and put himself about , a perfect Dyche player !

Archived