BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

27 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

B'Pool haven't won for 3 home games. Last 6 they've W2 D2 L2. Scored 9 conceded 9.

We really should be winning games like this if we want to get in the automatic promotion spots, although a draw and 10 points from 12 in November is hardly the end of the world and probably more than any of us predicted or expected.

Their form in the last six games sums Bowyers time as Rovers manager perfectly. Mr. Middle of the Road with a symmetrical record.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:35, RevidgeBlue said:

Surely after seven goals in the last 2 away games you have to stick with the Antonsson Nuttall Dack combination up front? It would be madness to deviate from that until such point as it doesnt work.

It wasn't working against Bristol was it Rev. When Nuttall went off and Samuel and Graham came on the difference was there for all to see.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:28, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where does Mowbray say that? If Downing keeps playing well,I don't see how it will be that easy for Lenihan to get back in 

He should get in with Downing with Charlie Mulgrew as quarterback alongside Smallwood. He would be good at that job.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, Mulgrew is settled and playing a great leadership role at centre half. Why mess with that? 

Because his skill and vision is wasted as a pure defender. He has the game to play a quarterback role a la Tugay (well close), which would be of greater benefit to the team than playing Evans or Whittingham. Lenihan is a good centre back but has not got the flair of Mulgrew in midfield.

9 minutes ago, Al said:

He should get in with Downing with Charlie Mulgrew as quarterback alongside Smallwood. He would be good at that job.

I think if TM did this and it went wrong the knives would be out for "Tinker Tony" again. Most on here wanted a consistent eleven/formation..especially now we ve hit a "little" form

(although earlier in the season would like to have seen him give this a go ..Lenihan fit of course)

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

I think if TM did this and it went wrong the knives would be out for "Tinker Tony" again. Most on here wanted a consistent eleven/formation..especially now we ve hit a "little" form

(although earlier in the season would like to have seen him give this a go ..Lenihan fit of course)

I don't think so. It's the logical way to fit Lenihan back into the squad and solve the Smallwood partner problem at the same time. There is always a way to improve any team and Rovers are far from perfect.

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

So you're snarkily saying the knives would be out for 'Tinker Tony' if he changed it,  but that you wanted the same changes yourself :lol:

If TM made changes and it went wrong of course he would get stick. Just like he's made changes a few times already this season and got it wrong. He's paid to get it right.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

So you're snarkily saying the knives would be out for 'Tinker Tony' if he changed it,  but that you wanted the same changes yourself :lol:

If TM made changes and it went wrong of course he would get stick. Just like he's made changes a few times already this season and got it wrong. He's paid to get it right.

Earlier in the season we were struggling so worth a change ...now we re slowly getting somewhere after many crying out for TM to know his best eleven and stick with it  you just know he d get panned if he did !

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Earlier in the season we were struggling so worth a change ...now we re slowly getting somewhere after many crying out for TM to know his best eleven and stick with it  you just know he d get panned if he did !

So we let Lenihan go if we can't make a change to fit him in then? Or is he now a bench warmer.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

2-1 Rovers, as long as we can keep Bob Hatton on a tighter leash than last time.

Pleasure Beach still open this time of year?

1 hour ago, Al said:

I don't think so. It's the logical way to fit Lenihan back into the squad and solve the Smallwood partner problem at the same time. There is always a way to improve any team and Rovers are far from perfect.

Is Downing good enough to play alongside a younger defender? Mulgrew talks to Downing constantly. If you watch them two together it is Mulgrew who makes the decisions. Downing has been labelled a mistake waiting to happen at other clubs, perhaps playing alongside an experienced old guard like Mulgrew has cut them out because I certainly haven't seen that side to him.

That's not to say not give it a go but maybe Lenihan and Downing have to fight it out to who plays alongside him. Rather than trying to accommodate 3 defenders I'd rather us bring in a midfielder and have our centre halves competing. 

2 hours ago, BigUts said:

I believe it was the penultimate game of the season. Didn't Emerton score and Rooney scored a title winning penalty?

We then had to go to Wolves and potentially need a win...which of course we did 3-2

That's how I remember it. A bit like that infamous World Cup game between West Germany and Austria, I think it was.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is Downing good enough to play alongside a younger defender? Mulgrew talks to Downing constantly. If you watch them two together it is Mulgrew who makes the decisions. Downing has been labelled a mistake waiting to happen at other clubs, perhaps playing alongside an experienced old guard like Mulgrew has cut them out because I certainly haven't seen that side to him.

That's not to say not give it a go but maybe Lenihan and Downing have to fight it out to who plays alongside him. Rather than trying to accommodate 3 defenders I'd rather us bring in a midfielder and have our centre halves competing. 

What worries me is that when Lenihan gets fit again Tony will want to try the dreaded 3 centre halves and 2 wing backs system !

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Caddis plays like he belongs in a veterans team. Imagine Whittingham in front of him on the wing.

*shudder*

I was surprised when I saw that he is only 29

Archived