BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

5 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Offer them a tip that should help.

Anyone who does not like coaches and can't drive should remember that trains won't be running to Blackpool. Will be coach replacements though how many extra coaches will they be putting on? Bloomfield Road is also closer to Blackpool South but will they be running coach replacements for return from a less utilised station? Obviously the club will be running coaches. Asking more on behalf of others as I very much doubt I'm going to try and get a ticket at this stage.

Why aren't the trains running Vinjay?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team for this game would be

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham      

Bennett           Dack        Antonsson

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler Ward Caddis Evans Nuttall Graham Harper

12 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Harper Smallwood

Bennett Dack Antonsson

Graham

Evans and Whittingham shouldn't get near the team after the way they played yesterday, surely Harper deserves a chance.

or tomlinson

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennett back on the wing, tough tough decision up front, suspect he will choose Samuel but if he does Graham has every right to feel aggrieved.

Need to go for the win again, press high, let our superior quality show.

I feel much more confident when we play away. Should be looking for 4 on the bounce here and I agree with you regarding up top. He has three strikers that each have their own qualities and it is difficult to choose betwen them. Id possibly go with more pace and put Samuel in. Definitely a good problem to have though.

25 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Harper Smallwood

Bennett Dack Antonsson

Graham

Evans and Whittingham shouldn't get near the team after the way they played yesterday, surely Harper deserves a chance.

I wasn't really impressed with Harper the only time I've seen him in the flesh in the Egg Cup game at Rochdale. Some people were  however.

I just thought he was busy without ever doing anything significant. I'm perplexed as to what happened to Tomlinson, I thought he would come through to pressure Evans for the shirt. If you're going to play Antonnson on the left, and I probably would, you need a player on the other wing who'll put in a shift IE not Whittingham.

There are buses back from both Blackpool North and South but not any that can get you back to Blackburn after the game. The last one is 21.45 from Blackpool North. There are buses every 15 minutes from Blackpool North to Preston up to 23.45 but that's the last one connecting with a train to Blackburn.

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Harper Smallwood

Bennett Dack Antonsson

Graham

Odd that you've slagged off the way Rovers played when Evans went off against Oxford and was replaced by Harper but you want Harper in. Evans if  fit has to play with Smallwood.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Odd that you've slagged off the way Rovers played when Evans went off against Oxford and was replaced by Harper but you want Harper in. Evans if  fit has to play with Smallwood.

I've seen Evans play for 4/5 years and he isn't good enough, I'm not going to write off a player because of a poor 45 minutes. Did you watch the game yesterday? If so, what did you see that made you think that Evans should be starting for us? He was horrendous yesterday.

I'll put the ball on the other foot. What have you seen of Harper for him to warrent a first team spot? I wouldn't disagree with you if you had someone like Tomlinson to be promoted from the reserves but from the cameo roles Harper has played this season, he is not the answer.

As I have said before Evans is not a particularly good player and runs out of steam very quickly but whilst he isn't tired the team look better balanced. Coincidence that Rovers winning streaks have coincided with Evans partnering Smallwood in midfield. Don't think so.

10 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I'll put the ball on the other foot. What have you seen of Harper for him to warrent a first team spot? I wouldn't disagree with you if you had someone like Tomlinson to be promoted from the reserves but from the cameo roles Harper has played this season, he is not the answer.

As I have said before Evans is not a particularly good player and runs out of steam very quickly but whilst he isn't tired the team look better balanced. Coincidence that Rovers winning streaks have coincided with Evans partnering Smallwood in midfield. Don't think so.

I've seen that the other options are all pretty crap so he deserves a chance. I'd play Tomlinson but he doesn't even get a look in for some reason.

On 25/11/2017 at 11:16, Phil T said:

Seems like MK Dons is a fantastic example of not being able to create a big club based on the fact that a huge residential area doesn't have a local football team.

Bowyer will try to fire up his players for this one, with revenge in mind. Don't write this match of as an easy win, by any means!

Bowyer firing up players that will be a first think it will be the Blackpool players attitudes that decides wether they are up for it or not over to Tony to find that consistancy.

Surely after seven goals in the last 2 away games you have to stick with the Antonsson Nuttall Dack combination up front? It would be madness to deviate from that until such point as it doesnt work.

I have to agree with RV Blue that I've not been at all impressed with Evans this season. That said I think Whittingham has been really poor as well. I'd love to see Tomlinson given a chance.

1 hour ago, den9112 said:

Hoping to set off from Shawforth around 6.00pm(AA route says 1 hour 10 mins ) on Tuesday to Blackpool i can go via M65 Burnley or travel via Bacup, Rawtenstall, Haslingden  i have a couple of spare seats if anyone is struggling for transport...

Can you stop off at the burnley miners club and launch a brick through the front window for me den?

Failing that a brick through the club shop window will do :tu:

I can send the brick by recorded delivery if you're struggling?

I have to spend a lot of time in Burnley, unfortunately ...a few years ago my nephew played for them ,i had numerous free tickets but never used them...I also used to have BRFC number plates and it came to the point i had to change them  as i used to get loads of abuse when parked at Gawthorpe ....i will more than likely go via the grane road on Tuesday 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team for this game would be

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham      

Bennett           Dack        Antonsson

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler Ward Caddis Evans Nuttall Graham Harper

Yeh 100% agree with this team, this is what I would go with. Judging from TM comments on the official site 'Nuttall has stepped up, and I've given him three games to give it a bash, it's a big ask for him to keep going because it's a big difference from the Under-23s', I reckon he will have Nuttall on the bench come Tues and Samuel or DG will start.

That's the problem, we'll have several players playing on Tuesday who are in the team because we've nobody any better. Not because they deserve the shirt.

I'd start with Samuel up front, Bennett out wide right, Antonnson on the left. How we solve the centre mid Smallwood partner conundrum I don't really know - nobody has earned a place there. If you could combine Evans experience, Harper's athleticism and Whittingham's left foot it would be problem solved. But we can't . Your guess is as good as mine there. Lenihan if and when he regains full fitness isn't really a creator either.

• Backroom

I wanted 4 wins from the last 4 games including this one, having won the last 3 and made some ground it would be disappointing not to win but a draw wouldn't be terrible.

Have a feeling Bowyer may catch us out 

Archived