BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Seems we've built up a brand new unlikely rivalry, almost unheard of these days I wonder if it will rumble on, could be a bubble match before we know it :lol:

To be continued, Championship season 2018-19.

May even be on TV, but that's stretching imagination a bit far. :rover:

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

This is a new one, it's rare to see an opposition fan come on the forum after a battering to preach about how good their last loss was!

Anyway looks like their keeper has got away with his antics at weekend 

Just now, Tom said:

This is a new one, it's rare to see an opposition fan come on the forum after a battering to preach about how good their last loss was!

Anyway looks like their keeper has got away with his antics at weekend 

Anybody found his dummy yet, becasue that was one epic spit out he did :)

19 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

I can’t quite believe how high up the table Shrewsbury are having seen them in the flesh. I wouldn’t even put them in the top 3 teams that have visited Ewood this season let alone in the league. League doesn’t lie though so fair play to them.

I saw Rovers v Southend and Doncaster!

6 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

I can’t quite believe how high up the table Shrewsbury are having seen them in the flesh. I wouldn’t even put them in the top 3 teams that have visited Ewood this season let alone in the league. League doesn’t lie though so fair play to them.

Likewise Blackburn earlier in the season.

No denying we were below par last Saturday but don't kid yourself we have got to 2nd place with similar performances. Blackburn deserved the victory on the day even if the 2nd and third had an element of good fortune, and got away with moving the ball 8 yards toward the centre of the 18 yard area for the first. 

24 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

No denying we were below par last Saturday but don't kid yourself we have got to 2nd place with similar performances. Blackburn deserved the victory on the day even if the 2nd and third had an element of good fortune, and got away with moving the ball 8 yards toward the centre of the 18 yard area for the first. 

Good god man, lose with some dignity!!

11 hours ago, philipl said:

Nyambe has always had huge potential.

Hopefully 20 games playing in a promotion procession will give him the confidence to match his raw ability.

Where do you get that from ? the guy struggles to compete in the air, when hes forward all he can deliver is a short pass as his accuracy goes out the window and at times he's all over the show he doesn't know wether to come or go, thankfully he's up against poorer players that can't challenge him.

Huge potential you made me laugh.

Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe and, to a lesser extent, Fleetwood are the best teams to have visited Ewood so far this season. 

I also saw the very good game at Montgomery Water Meadow earlier in the season, sitting with the home fans. 

Got to give credit where credit is due.

Just now, bazza said:

Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe and, to a lesser extent, Fleetwood are the best teams to have visited Ewood so far this season. 

I also saw the very good game at Montgomery Water Meadow earlier in the season, sitting with the home fans. 

Got to give credit where credit is due.

Fleetwood are a very organised club from top to bottom to their credit.

9 minutes ago, JAL said:

Where do you get that from ? the guy struggles to compete in the air, when hes forward all he can deliver is a short pass as his accuracy goes out the window and at times he's all over the show he doesn't know wether to come or go, thankfully he's up against poorer players that can't challenge him.

Huge potential you made me laugh.

1 hour ago, STFC7-1 said:

When we drew with you away from home? Yeah sure.

13 hours ago, STFC7-1 said:

Your current 2nd place owes a hell of a lot to our poor start to the season and a below par performance during the recent Festive period.

There are other factors but do not kid yourself that the above are not relevant to your current league standing.

13 hours ago, STFC7-1 said:

Hows does the tide turning sound while munching on your sour grapes? 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hows does the tide turning sound while munching on your sour grapes? 

Fairs fair, they've just drawn Oldham in the Checkatrade QF,  their best cup run ever in one of the world's most prestigious competitions. A defeat to us must have been unexpected. Shrews are a big deal in world football.

• Backroom
22 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

Saturday wasn't a typical day for Shrewsbury, in fairness. They rarely concede more than one goal, so we did very well to knock three past them and make their defence look distinctly average. They've got into the position they're in generally through being very solid defensively. 

Recent form stats suggest we should get past them fairly soon though, and with our recent transfer acquisitions we should leave them in the dust in the upcoming months.  

We need Shrewsbury's home form to take a hit. Providing their defence remains even remotely as solid as it has to date (1 goal conceded from open play at home all season) then the only way that is going to happen is if the goals dry up for them at the other end of the pitch. They've hardly cut teams open this season and usually get by with single goal wins so need to hope teams begin to frustrate them and stop them scoring.

Last week was unusual for us to put 3 past them, I suspect that's because we had a good day and on a good day we are much better than anyone else in this poor league, and also worth bearing in mind that only 1 of the 3 was from open play - the others being an excellent free kick and questionable penalty kick.

Archived