BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, Mercer said:

You can't have a manager making major investments and then playing them out of position or even not at all - it's nonsense.

'Is BB as good as Rhodes, Tony. They both cost the same'

'One day, Balaji'

'Well Tony, when he is you can come back and we'll discuss letting you spend some more money'

'F@ck off Barry'

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Talking of Mahoney, its a pity he didn't hang around a bit longer. He could have been that winger we are looking for. I didn't blame him for leaving at the time but I wonder if he regrets it now things have changed so much?

Think Mowbray would have been playing him at left back or anywhere but the wing !

15 hours ago, DE. said:

Coming from the same guy who said we had a £50m warchest I think I'll take a wait and see approach on anything Nixon says.

Ipswich do need investment if they want to survive though. Their current team isn't good enough to compete, Hurst really did a number on them.  

No he didn’t say that. Stop following the flock and repeating nonsense. 

Edited by old darwen blue

• Backroom
Just now, arbitro said:

I thought he said it on Radio Lancashire too.

Probably said it on this very messageboard in one of those trainwreck 11 o'clocker threads. Not going to bother going back to trawl through them, but this isn't one of those things where a lie is repeated so often it becomes the truth. Nixon made the claim (as evidenced in that link) and concocted a laundry list of players that never came anywhere near the club.  

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is very close to Lambert and he had the inside track here when he came here. 

It will be interesting to see how he spends the money. need 3 or 4 new players. Plus how he set ups the team whether it diamond formation midfield or 4-2-3-1 or 3 at the back

Or 5 at the back, or 6 in midfield, or 2 up front, or 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1, or 4-3-3, or the christmas tree, or 4-5-1, or 5-3-2, or 4-2-4.

Don't forget to cover all eventualities Chaddy, then in 6 months time you can tell us how you told us how Lambert would play.

Alternatively, what I'd do is wait and see what he says in the Ipswich Observer and then say that's how he will play. Always works for me. I'm never wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but for reference anyway:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-set-to-splash-50m-on-summer-1698580

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I thought he said it on Radio Lancashire too.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Probably said it on this very messageboard in one of those trainwreck 11 o'clocker threads. Not going to bother going back to trawl through them, but this isn't one of those things where a lie is repeated so often it becomes the truth. Nixon made the claim (as evidenced in that link) and concocted a laundry list of players that never came anywhere near the club.  

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Yes ODB has lost me there. Nicky put his name to that alright.

Nixon actually said that if the Venkys were going to buy all the players that they claimed they would then they would need £50m. That statement has been modified since every time that it is repeated. 

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Nixon actually said that if the Venkys were going to buy all the players that they claimed they would then they would need £50m. That statement has been modified since every time that it is repeated. 

Did you even read the link? Literally in the first two paragraphs:

The Rovers boss will be handed around ­£50million by new owners Venky’s to transform a squad who looked prime relegation ­candidates last season after the shock sacking of Sam Allardyce.

• Backroom
Just now, old darwen blue said:

Yes I read it. Did you read my post about the comment being modified when repeated?

That's not modidied, though, It's a direct quote from the man who wrote the article. The Rovers boss will be handed around £50m by the new owners. What part of that is ambiguous to you? He's not saying "if the Venkys were going to buy all the players that they claimed they would", as you suggested, although if you can find me that quote I'd be interested to see it.

I’ll say it nice and slowly so you can understand. 

Nixon said in an interview that if the owners bought all of the players that they said they would then they would need £50m. 

Since then when it appeared in newspapers it had changed to the claim that the venkys had £50m to spend on players. 

Do you see the difference, I give up now wasting my breathe. 

On 29/10/2018 at 09:24, DE. said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but for reference anyway:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-set-to-splash-50m-on-summer-1698580

Rondon, Papis Ciise and Robbie Keane being brought in. Jesus, our hopes weren't half gotten up were they? 

It says the article is written by "Sunday People". So much BS nobody would even put their name to it 

• Like 1

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rondon, Papis Ciise and Robbie Keane being brought in. Jesus, our hopes weren't half gotten up were they? 

It says the article is written by "Sunday People". So much BS nobody would even put their name to it 

Widely known to have been written by Nixon, but yeah a total and absolute load of BS. Now Ipswich fans can look forward to much of the same for the next two months. Although Simeon Jackson, Grant Holt and Elliot Ward aren't quite as glamorous. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We ended up with Goodwillie aka Scottish Rooney and Modeste on loan. Anyway, we could have signed the 3 above and we still would have went down with the idiot in charge. I have no doubt Robbie Keane had more sense than to come

I guess you could count Scott Dann as a decent buy, but that was the best we got. Yak turned out OK too. Then we had Myles Anderson (just lol, and this guy still managed to get employed in Italy, no doubt through some kind of Kentaro connection), Goodwillie, Petrovic, Bruno Ribiero (aka the Brazilian Denis Irwin), Simon Vekcevic, Jordan Slew, Tim Payne (wtf happened to him?), the other Olsson twin, Modeste and the cherry on top of the shit sundae, Bradley Orr. Dismal. And those last three came in January when we were already in trouble and desperately in need of reinforcements. And we let Samba leave after the transfer window closed, ensuring we couldn't get in a replacement, so another good job there. We also released Ryan Nelsen and froze out Salgado. Well done Keano.

Just now, DE. said:

I guess you could count Scott Dann as a decent buy, but that was the best we got. Yak turned out OK too. Then we had Myles Anderson (just lol, and this guy still managed to get employed in Italy, no doubt through some kind of Kentaro connection), Goodwillie, Petrovic, Bruno Ribiero (aka the Brazilian Denis Irwin), Simon Vekcevic, Jordan Slew, Tim Payne (wtf happened to him?), the other Olsson twin, Modeste and the cherry on top of the shit sundae, Bradley Orr. Dismal. And those last three came in January when we were already in trouble and desperately in need of reinforcements. And we let Samba leave after the transfer window closed, ensuring we couldn't get in a replacement, so another good job there. We also released Ryan Nelsen and froze out Salgado. Good job Keano.

I was just talking about strikers, but ya, what an absolute unadulterated shit show. I actually think that Petrovic, Modeste and Vukcevic could have been good under a different manager though. Didn't we end up selling Dann for less than we signed him? Madness. 

Yak was a great signing, but the gloss was taken off due to relegation and the Kean link. I will never forget his 2 goals at Old trafford. I had a fiver on him to score 2 or more at 60/1. He had that done before half-time! 

Samba, Salgado and Nelsen all leaving then, tells it's own story. Rotten, rotten time supporting the club 

36 minutes ago, DE. said:

I guess you could count Scott Dann as a decent buy, but that was the best we got. Yak turned out OK too. Then we had Myles Anderson (just lol, and this guy still managed to get employed in Italy, no doubt through some kind of Kentaro connection), Goodwillie, Petrovic, Bruno Ribiero (aka the Brazilian Denis Irwin), Simon Vekcevic, Jordan Slew, Tim Payne (wtf happened to him?), the other Olsson twin, Modeste and the cherry on top of the shit sundae, Bradley Orr. Dismal. And those last three came in January when we were already in trouble and desperately in need of reinforcements. And we let Samba leave after the transfer window closed, ensuring we couldn't get in a replacement, so another good job there. We also released Ryan Nelsen and froze out Salgado. Well done Keano.

Jermaine Jones wasn't a bad loan to be fair. Unsure when we actually signed him though.