BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Cook goes that would be crazy.

I talking about Garry Cook who was on the board and had the experience of running clubs. 

on Paul Cook, I don't him being there by the end of the season. He is very clever man in jumping ship quickly. But I guess it all depends how the club is run and by who

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cook is leaving I read somewhere next week. 

so Joe Royle will be running the club? will they not be appoint a CEO to run the club?

Oh ya? I wonder how their fans feel about this. Reminds me of Birmingham sacking Rowett and replacing him with zola. 

Edit. I thought you meant Paul Cook was leaving 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I talking about Garry Cook who was on the board and had the experience of running clubs. 

on Paul Cook, I don't him being there by the end of the season. He is very clever man in jumping ship quickly. But I guess it all depends how the club is run and by who

Ah right sorry. They need to keep Paul Cook at all costs. Very, very good manager.

So, Norwich are now top? Where the hell did they come from?

This season is crazy, 5 points separates the top 8 teams and everyone is beating everyone it seems. if there was ever a good chance to make the playoffs, it is a season like this.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

This season is crazy, 5 points separates the top 8 teams and everyone is beating everyone it seems. if there was ever a good chance to make the playoffs, it is a season like this.

They've been on a hell of a run recently. I thought they might get rid of Farke in the summer but they kept him on and appear to be reaping the benefits now.

Lambert nearly had a repeat of what he did here, beating Preston in his first match in charge. Wasn't to be though. They really could have done with winning that one too.

28 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

There’s something about the resilience of our squad that makes me think you’re probably on the money - still any top half finish has to be viewed as excellent! 

Long way to go yet but when Derek Williams comes in for injuries and ends up looking like Charlie Mulgrew’s equal, it’s hard not to be excited.

• Like 4

Just now, Biz said:

There’s something about the resilience of our squad that makes me think you’re probably on the money - still any top half finish has to be viewed as excellent! 

Long way to go yet but when Derek Williams comes in for injuries and ends up looking like Charlie Mulgrew’s equal, it’s hard not to be excited.

Was very impressed with Williams today, got his head to everything it seems and had a much calmer nature about his play.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ah right sorry. They need to keep Paul Cook at all costs. Very, very good manager.

Cook jump ship a lot. Never been a fan. wasn't when he was at Stanley. 

The Championship is crazy results wise league in the world. 

some surprise results, Hull beating WBA, Rotterham beating Swansea and Norwich beating Sheff Wed 4 nil. 

Lambert got a point at Ipswich. He left out Jon Nolan, Nsiala, Ward and Graham out of his squad and played youngster Jordan Roberts up front in 4-3-3 formation. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cook jump ship a lot. Never been a fan. wasn't when he was at Stanley. 

The Championship is crazy results wise league in the world. 

some surprise results, Hull beating WBA, Rotterham beating Swansea and Norwich beating Sheff Wed 4 nil. 

Lambert got a point at Ipswich. He left out Jon Nolan, Nsiala, Ward and Graham out of his squad and played youngster Jordan Roberts up front in 4-3-3 formation. 

Cant argue with Cooks record though.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Obviously, we have a manager doing well ourselves.

All this talk about his personality but surely its about results. Did you celebrate today when we got a penalty from a dive? ;)

Havnt really seen any replays or anything and was looking away kind of when it happened, was it really a dive?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously, we have a manager doing well ourselves.

All this talk about his personality but surely its about results. Did you celebrate today when we got a penalty from a dive? ;)

not a dive for me. The QPR player took his left foot away. That's my view. But Lolley won a late pen for Forest when it wasn't. 

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Havnt really seen any replays or anything and was looking away kind of when it happened, was it really a dive?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not a dive for me. The QPR player took his left foot away. That's my view. But Lolley won a late pen for Forest when it wasn't. 

It was never a penalty in a million years, blue and white glasses taken off. Was in front of me and he bought it and then some. Couldnt believe that he gave it, not that I was complaining, as you say Lolley got a dodgy one the other week.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was never a penalty in a million years, blue and white glasses taken off. Was in front of me and he bought it and then some. Couldnt believe that he gave it, not that I was complaining, as you say Lolley got a dodgy one the other week.

You give an opinion which that poster doesn't agree with then you get the same old boring line. boring. 

Pen for me. left foot taking away. seen the highlights of it. Camera gives a close up view of it

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Depends on how you define a dive. He made the most of quite minimal contact, but there was contact. You see them given often enough. We'd probably be annoyed if it was given against us in all honesty, but I think we'd also be questioning why the defender is going off his feet when the attacker is running the ball out of play.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen quite a bit of unrest in the last week or so on twitter towards Darren Moore at West Brom, whose seemingly struggling to get the best out of a very richly assembled group of players, maybe the next manager sacked?

He was very brave to take it in the first place - relegated team with an overrated, over-paid and over-valued squad that are used to losing...

He’s doing better than Rowett and Potter at least. Perspective needed from Baggies fans.

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

He was very brave to take it in the first place - relegated team with an overrated, over-paid and over-valued squad that are used to losing...

He’s doing better than Rowett and Potter at least. Perspective needed from Baggies fans.

Think they have criticised him for being too loyal to past it players like Brunt, and also they have let in a lot of goals, I don't think 3 at the back suits them.

Out of the 3 relegated teams, West Brom and Stoke should be doing better, Swansea I think are really reliant on their youth players, with James, Roberts, Rodon, Fulton, McBurnie etc playing integral roles.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Think they have criticised him for being too loyal to past it players like Brunt, and also they have let in a lot of goals, I don't think 3 at the back suits them.

Out of the 3 relegated teams, West Brom and Stoke should be doing better, Swansea I think are really reliant on their youth players, with James, Roberts, Rodon, Fulton, McBurnie etc playing integral roles.

I think a lot of teams would take the likes of Brunt in this division. And Moore as a coach or leader.

It just astounds me how teams that have been dourly fighting for their lives for years in the bottom 6 of the PL, don’t realise that there is very little difference now between that and the top 6 of the Champ. Turning that losing mentality around is a gargantuan task and who the hell can guarantee that success?

Back to the merry go round with Steve Bruce?

I dont think WBA bought the right players or make enough changes to their playing squad. Playing 3-4-1-2 doesnt suit them at all. Their lack a quality 3rd striker who is target man and midfield playmaker aswell. Plus How is Burke not playing I dont know. 

Bruce to WBA? why not back Moore in January with 2 or 3 quality signings? Any new manager will want funds there surely? 

Stoke have taken a long time to adapt to Rowett's tactics. Woods is a class player. Dark horses for top 2 at the minute. Should have won tonight against Boro..

Swansea is a long term project under Potter. They decided to not spend alot of money and bring through alot of academy players. See them challenging next season for top 6..like I said to @roversfan99 in August. They are rebuilding a squad slowly..

Edited by chaddyrovers

Swansea have let go a lot of high earners, so a long term re-build makes sense. However West Brom have a big wage bill and an obvious need to get straight back up, it is vital they make the most of the parachute money.

Appointing a novice was therefore very unwise in my view. Parallels with ourselves in 2012, their fans will hope they don’t appoint four inexperienced Championship managers in a row though!

• Like 1

Dont think there is a single standout side in this division. Leeds looked it early on but as we know, they are more than beatable on the day. 

Side note, Ipswich fans must be sick being bottom while Norwich are top - wonder how their hounding out of MM will be debated if they get relegated?

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Swansea have let go a lot of high earners, so a long term re-build makes sense. However West Brom have a big wage bill and an obvious need to get straight back up, it is vital they make the most of the parachute money.

Appointing a novice was therefore very unwise in my view. Parallels with ourselves in 2012, their fans will hope they don’t appoint four inexperienced Championship managers in a row though!

I think Moore was the right choice but I feel he hasn't or wasn't allow to change the match. They were reports of 40 million pounds budget to sign players but that's doesn't seem to have happened. He has had to bring with 3 free transfers after the deadline past in Mears, Hoolahan and Sako. They spent only 11 million on new pounds but sold players for 23 million. seems a strange transfer policy tbh. I not sure about their owners and what the long term plan is. 

Swansea only spent 6 million on new players whilst they received 45 million for players sold. Potter has bought into this policy of bringing through young players. The owners make a statement on the reasons for lack of money spent and their new policy.