BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

Indeed, it is bizarre. The reason that his comments triggered so many is because of who said them, not what was said. It got well beyond people being able to take his comments at face value.

Tomasson has spent a whole season dampening down expectations, we arent expected to be in the top 6 or to chsse promotion, yet those comments are never micro-analysed, they if anything are echoed. Its just textbook manager talk, play down expectations.

Our own fans regularly dampen expectations themselves regarding comparisons to previous years, and happily encourage selling key players. 

He is a dour man in general, but he is a pretty good Championship manager who did a pretty good job here. Happy to have Tomasson now, fresh start was badly needed. Its so strange how many hold such a grudge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

He also advised our head of recruitment to accept league one Sunderland's job offer

Yeah, the fact he brazenly admits to that shows what he thinks about our club and his lack of respect. Not forgetting the final insult he still had to get in there, by likening Sunderland to a huge tanker and us to a little car.

Some might say he was frustrated over how he left us and that's why he said it. I don't buy that. Venky's could not care less if somebody suggested that we were a little car. It means nothing to them. It would piss off a number of Rovers fans though.

A man who couldn't bear the fact that we dared to criticise and question him. It was never his fault, no matter how poor results or performances became.

• Like 5

For someone to say he is second to Kean and not by much, is bang out of order.

He was not worse than Coyle and looking back, was he even anywhere near to Kidd and one or two others.

Kean will never ever have even 1% of the respect Mowbray had and to suggest he was close to him, is insulting. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lraC said:

For someone to say he is second to Kean and not by much, is bang out of order.

He was not worse than Coyle and looking back, was he even anywhere near to Kidd and one or two others.

Kean will never ever have even 1% of the respect Mowbray had and to suggest he was close to him, is insulting. 

I do disagree with the notion there's not much between him and Kean. I think it's because he's more recent and people have forgotten just how poisonous Kean was. But I can understand the strong dislike due to the contempt he often showed. Different level though to Kean, and he at least brought us some modest success at first.

Not worse than Coyle either, but in terms of attitude I'd put him third. I don't think Kidd comes into it, think people are talking in the Venkys era, and Kidd was just inept he wasn't shit in his attitude far as I can recall, so depends what we're comparing.

• Like 2

He was clipping the ticket the whole time he was here.

To have a job in football getting paid an absolute fortune is a complete privilege. To be the manager of Lancashire's most historic football club is a privilege. As a lifelong fan I demand 100% from the people who are fortunate to be in that position.

Not sure why people have to get personal and call that opinion ridiculous or anything like that, completely out of order.

If you're sooooo bored of Tony Mowbray discussion then don't get involved.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

A comparison with Kean is ridiculous and an example of how certain posters have completely lost the plot when it comes to him.

I agree with you there. That is too far.

Kean should never ever be compared to any football manager ever. Not even an under 5s coach.

He is not a football manager nor will he ever be.

Adam Armstrong was a top player for us though. Would anyone have him back given the opportunity?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

He was clipping the ticket the whole time he was here.

To have a job in football getting paid an absolute fortune is a complete privilege. To be the manager of Lancashire's most historic football club is a privilege. As a lifelong fan I demand 100% from the people who are fortunate to be in that position.

Not sure why people have to get personal and call that opinion ridiculous or anything like that, completely out of order.

If you're sooooo bored of Tony Mowbray discussion then don't get involved.

mowbray topped up his pension here for years,for that alone he`s a ****

• Like 1

Don’t get that. He was given a contract until 2022, he left in 2022. He was remunerated under the terms of said contract. Why does that make him a ****?

If he was shite, doing a crap job, phoning it in etc etc. he should’ve been sacked - point your fingers at our errant owners.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t get that. He was given a contract until 2022, he left in 2022. He was remunerated under the terms of said contract. Why does that make him a ****?

If he was shite, doing a crap job, phoning it in etc etc. he should’ve been sacked - point your fingers at our errant owners.

You can do both.

This isn't a binary black and white issue.

Him getting paid as per the terms of his contract doesn’t make him a **** though, does it? He was entitled to it just like every other contracted person in employment.

It’s stuff like that just make some folk on here look completely irrational.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Him getting paid as per the terms of his contract doesn’t make him a **** though, does it? He was entitled to it just like every other contracted person in employment.

It’s stuff like that just make some folk on here look completely irrational.

Football manager is not just any job though is it.

If he wants to just clip the ticket then why not go and get a job down 't pit?

I demand more than that from the people who represent my town.

Decent owners and upper management would have never employed such a dolloper.

Adam Armstrong anybody?

A contract is a contract whatever your job. He was offered it, he signed it, he was remunerated as per its terms. That doesn’t make him a ****.

He’s a football manager under contract as a football manager, why would he go down t’pit?

That being said, fans are entitled to expect the best for their club. So him being bang average and the fact he was a miserable twat that talked a load of shite half the time makes him a **** in folks’ eyes, then fair enough (though for me I’m just happy it ran it’s course and we upgraded, he’s really not worth getting so wound up about).

Edited by Mattyblue

Mowbray took over a basket case of a club and left us with the 2nd youngest squad in the division which just finished 7th,the highest position since we went down. 

Tomasson looks the perfect fit to take the club forward. 

Mowbray did his job, Tomasson is taking it on, but there's no point in trying to compare the two  jobs,they're miles apart. 

Tomasson wouldn't have touched the club Mowbray inherited with a bargepole.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Topped his pension up, then pretty much instantly got another job when he left here.

If the issue is him earning money, everyone in football is a ****.

there was no ambition or any interest in rovers from him after the promotion season,do you not remember his post match interviews and his comments to the press,he did`nt want to be here but liked his 500k a year,seeing as we rescued him from the managerial scrap heap (he was due to take the chesterfied job i believe) a bit of gratitude and effort on his part would have been nice

• Like 4

Anyway, the people who insisted it was bizarre to be obsessed with Mowbray have now taken the Adam Armstrong thread thoroughly off topic in defending him, springing from one offhand comment about Mowbray.

So shall we get back on topic, if anyone does have anything to say about Adam Armstrong? Otherwise maybe it makes more sense to dig out the Mowbray thread and hash it out in there?

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Would anyone have him back if he ws on a free, or has his contract been extended?

We still need a striker that can put them away.

100% I'd have him back for the right money. Would need to learn to play a different way to how he was used last time though, but fast and dangerous. He won't be available on the right money now though. Signed a 4 year contract in 2021 when they bought him, won't be out of contract til 2025. Even then, once they're on Prem wages it's hard to get them back on Championship wages, and nearly always some club sniffing who will pay more than us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

100% I'd have him back for the right money. Would need to learn to play a different way to how he was used last time though, but fast and dangerous. He won't be available on the right money now though. Signed a 4 year contract in 2021 when they bought him, won't be out of contract til 2025. Even then, once they're on Prem wages it's hard to get them back on Championship wages, and nearly always some club sniffing who will pay more than us.

Even with the reduced wages he'll still be way above what we can offer.

I had it in my head his contract was up for some reason. 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Anyway, the people who insisted it was bizarre to be obsessed with Mowbray have now taken the Adam Armstrong thread thoroughly off topic in defending him, springing from one offhand comment about Mowbray.

So shall we get back on topic, if anyone does have anything to say about Adam Armstrong? Otherwise maybe it makes more sense to dig out the Mowbray thread and hash it out in there?

How was I defending him? Glad he’s gone - should have gone in 20/21 during/after that shite season (even he thought he should’ve been out judging by his interviews, the fact he didn’t goes back to those errant owners not giving a feck again

I was just adding a bit of balance after a completely nutty lack of proportion yesterday (unless saying he’s not as bad as Ke*n and believing you aren’t a cunt for being paid is defending someone).

But yes a rare bit of brfcs harmony, he’s gone, we’re glad, long live GB/JDT.

Edited by Mattyblue