BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

Seems fine to me. What's wrong with it?

I'll break it down for you.

Grabbi was a striker, was played as a striker, was shite.

Davies was a striker, was played as a striker, was shite.

Brereton is a striker, played as a winger, scores when plays as a striker.

Just now, Ossydave said:

I'll break it down for you.

Grabbi was a striker, was played as a striker, was shite.

Davies was a striker, was played as a striker, was shite.

Brereton is a striker, played as a winger, scores when plays as a striker.

Ah, so its the mangers' fault!  According to you, Brereton scores when he plays as a striker so its a pretty stupid manager who, since we're short of goals, doesn't play him regularly and in his "proper" position. Is that your position?

Just now, 47er said:

Ah, so its the mangers' fault!  According to you, Brereton scores when he plays as a striker so its a pretty stupid manager who, since we're short of goals, doesn't play him regularly and in his "proper" position. Is that your position?

You do know hes injured right?

Of course I do! I'm talking about someone we signed  over a year ago. I'm not talking about yesterday!

You said he scores when he plays in the middle--you weren't talking about yesterday were you?

So how about addressing the question I put to you?

Is he not good enough to play and therefore TM has it right? Or is he a good central striker who is rarely picked in his best position because of the manager?

Which is it?

Edited by 47er

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Of course I do! I'm talking about someone we signed (pursued fact) over a year ago. I'm not talking about yesterday!

You said he scores when he plays in the middle--you weren't talking about yesterday were you?

So how about addressing the question I put to you?

Is he not good enough to play and therefore TM has it right? Or is he a good central striker who is rarely picked in his best position because of the manager?

Which is it?

It's quite simple.

He is a striker, when he's actually started there he's scored goals, not really hard to grasp is it?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

One goal against an unpaid, already relegated rabble.

I don’t think that tells us anything either way.

It doesn't but it should definitely say keep at it. SG has had more of a go as striker for us than BB, and out of the two of them I feel BB has shown more promise.

BB's goal against Bolton, tidy in pre-season and the goal at Bury. Once fit I'd say evidence shows BB be more deserving of a shot than SG.

I'm not a fan of either of SG or BB and I'm on record as saying I wouldn't have signed either of them from day 1. Certainly not for the large transfer fees we paid. SG from when he played here previously and BB from his so called " highlights " video that showed him running around a bit without much end product. Having said that to paraphrase Tony Blair - what you need as a striker is " Service, Service, Service " . At the moment whoever plays up front isn't getting that. Only the Alan Shearer's of this world can make something out of nothing on a regular basis.

Playing up front with no proper ball to work with is the biggest arse kicking position on the pitch. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's quite simple.

He is a striker, when he's actually started there he's scored goals, not really hard to grasp is it?

No, not hard at all for me to understand, its the manager you have to convince!

Seems to be hard for him to grasp  eh? Maybe he has a different point of view?

I note that I've asked you twice but you won't refer to him!!

3 hours ago, 47er said:

No, not hard at all for me to understand, its the manager you have to convince!

Seems to be hard for him to grasp  eh? Maybe he has a different point of view?

I note that I've asked you twice but you won't refer to him!!

What are you wittering on about? Obviously its Mowbray who's playing him out of position?

Just now, Ossydave said:

And pre season? And the rest of his career? 

Come on Dave, pre season means bugger all, it’s largely half paced fitness exercises against third/fourth division and non league sides.

8 goals in 60 games for Forest, wasn’t it? 

I would love him to come good, can only be a positive for the club in more ways than one, but he’s been very poor thus far.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, philipl said:

Oh yes he was. He played like an absolute drain and was a significant reason we went from leaders to finishing 6th in our promotion season.

Personally, I reached a point of never wanting to see him in a Rovers shirt again.

I was wrong...

I'm not disputing that he was crap but I don't remember him getting abuse from his own fans like Wilcox did.

But then I don't remember Super Atko being so super like everyone else does. I remember people singing Super Atko in jest when he cocked up a pass or skied the ball, maybe it was just the people I stood near.

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Super Atko’ began as a pisstake, but promotion season onwards it became a positive chant!

What I wouldn’t give for a Super Atko in midfield now.

Mimms

May             Moran          Hendry       Wright

Price            Atkins          Cowans      Sellars

Newell          Speedie

Would any of our current crop make the team over anyone who played in that Playoff final? Not for me.

• Like 1

Several players have looked out of their depth here, only to reinvent themselves elsewhere. I don't think we've seen anything from Brereton to justify the money paid for him but it's the manager who needs to carry the can for this one. Firstly for convincing the board to pay that fee, and secondly for failing to get the best outta him.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

What I wouldn’t give for a Super Atko in midfield now.

Mimms

May             Moran          Hendry       Wright

Price            Atkins          Cowans      Sellars

Newell          Speedie

Would any of our current crop make the team over anyone who played in that Playoff final? Not for me.

Same with 2001.