BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think some of you are completely and undeservidly absolving the players from blame here. OK Palmer upfront is new, but he is good in the air, so I would prefer him than Dack. 

The thing is to go 2-0 down in the first 10 is not all on the manager, the players have a lot to answer for here. 

They’re playing to instruction, the manager’s instructions. 

If those are unfamiliar and we are two goals down in the first 10 minutes, that would suggest the manager is at fault.

• Like 2

The iFollow commentators are echoing a lot that's being said here..... Questioning Mowbray's formation and team selection and wondering what the 7million dollar man must be thinking on the bench.

And yes they are still irritatingly behind the visuals.

Edited by Husky

Stupid team selection.  You can play a ‘false 9’ when you’re Pep and you’ve got Messi.  Not only has it cost us the game having no outlet up front, what is it saying to your strikers that you prefer midfielders in their position.  When Mowbray gets it wrong he gets it totally and completely wrong.  Blame for this lies totally at his door.

Just now, K-Hod said:

They’re playing to instruction, the manager’s instructions. 

If those are unfamiliar and we are two goals down in the first 10 minutes, that would suggest the manager is at fault.

Oh come on, they are professionals to go 2-0 down in the first 10 is shockingly poor. There wasn't even time to follow or ignore the managers instructions. 

I wonder with Dack on sky and talk of play offs have the players started to believe their own hype 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Oh come on, they are professionals to go 2-0 down in the first 10 is shockingly poor. There wasn't even time to follow or ignore the managers instructions. 

I wonder with Dack on sky and talk of play offs have the players started to believe their own hype 

We’ve got two strikers on the bench and we are asking someone who isn’t a striker to play in an unfamiliar position, that’s hardly the player’s fault! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So no centre forward and no one capable of holding up the ball or winning headers from crosses or clearances.

Sounds like a backs-to-the-wall job for 90 minutes

If fans can see it why can't the manager ? 

Silly team selection.

Let 's hope for a comeback

• Like 1

So when we win it must be because of the players too and nothing to do with the manager. Not much point in having a manager then really. Unless of course that's not how it works at all.

You're the expert though, as you pointed out earlier ?

You were warned but you thought it was funny

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

So when we win it must be because of the players too and nothing to do with the manager. Not much point in having a manager then really. Unless of course that's not how it works at all.

You're the expert though, as you pointed out earlier ?

Now you are being silly. 

I just said if you go 2 down in the opening 10,it can't all be on the manager. The players need to take some of the blame. 

I don't get why that is difficult for some to understand. I get why it's difficult for you to understand

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom

I agree that we should have a natural striker upfront, but is that the reason we conceded 2 goals in 10 minutes? 

Nope, that's just because Mowbray has never been able to stop us leaking goals. We've just been good enough attacking wise for it not to matter as much as it should. Now we're messing around with this false nine bullshit there's going to be problems. 

Just now, DE. said:

Nope, that's just because Mowbray has never been able to stop us leaking goals. We've just been good enough attacking wise for it not to matter as much as it should. Now we're messing around with this false nine bullshit there's going to be problems. 

3 out of 4 of our defenders are international players. Surely they should know how to do basic defend without Mowbray teaching them. 

Now you are being silly. 

I just said if you go 2 down in the opening 10,it can't all be on the manager. The players need to take some of the blame. 

I don't get why that is difficult for some to understand. I get why it's difficult for you to understand

Your posts are difficult for everyone to understand. That's why everyone disagrees with you. 

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, JacknOry said:

Are we purposely trying to stave away bids for Dack by playing him out of position so that he looks crap? 

It’s working! He’s looked sh!te for weeks save for his goals. Try playing him AM with Graham up top Tony. You know, like last season. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!