BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

If it’s permitted to talk about what’s happened on the field, the first goal was nothing to do with who was or wasn’t up front, it was a punt from their keeper that Lenihan over-committed to and didn’t get, leaving a huge gap behind that was ruthlessly exploited from their headed flick on. The second was a pretty good goal after some neat interplay around our box down our left. The most worrying factor was Raya not reacting to either shot, he would normally do a wonder save for at least one of them.

Anyway, back to the bickering between people not watching the game...

Raya's fault eh!? Desperate stuff. Riddle me this, why are we always dreadful in the 1st half of nearly every match?

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

We can both agree that this defence has never been the best. They are individual decent for this level but as a unit don't perform as well as they should. 

That's the manager issue to fix.

It's been said on here many times that we don't play a passing game. We play long ball up to the striker or front four and play from there. Who out of the four playing today can recieve the ball in the air and link play up? 

The less a team can attack you. The less chance you concede goals so to give the other team the ball is to ask for trouble. 

I'm only trying to state that play players in their natural positions, they've spent their career perfecting their game to their best level so why ask them to do something they can't?

On paper I would say Palmer is more suited than Dack to play there. He is good in the air. I would have like to see Brereton start if Graham wasn't. He has done well in his recent cameos. 

Just now, DE. said:

It's really quite simple and something we've known for a long time. Mowbray is generally a very smart bloke but often overthinks to the point of idiocy. He's gotten away with it more often than not during his time here - but that's in part due to the fact the majority of his reign has been spent in L1 where our superior quality protected against tactical negligence. We aren't afforded those protections now and it always feels like we're on the verge of a really poor run of form, yet we grind through it. At some point Tony has to start being more sensible or we're going to throw away any hopes of a playoff place. 

Couldn't agree more with this. Nail hit on head. The team is a decent team. It needs setting up to get the best out of it.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Is it fair to say we are very poor in the opening 45 mins of nearly every game? Does this not point to a manger being over-cautious and setting up not to lose and thereby handing the initiative to the opposition pretty much every game?

Reminds me of the Bowyer days sometimes.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Which Rovers never do. We are predictably crap in nearly every 1st half. Who do you blame that on? 

There is definitely an issue there. We got away with it last season. We have all heard Mowbray speak. He has many strengths, I don't think motivation is his top one. I am sure Mulgrew, Bennet and a few others speak too. It's definitely an issue though. So many bad first halves last season. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Of course but I don’t just blame the defenders.

Neither do it. After they went 2 up there was post after post blaming Mowbray. I just pointed out it's not completely his fault. Same as you are with the defence 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Why we're all on a downer , if dack was to leave you have to wonder where any goals would come from

Quite right. Even with him we just don't score enough goals from open play.

• Like 1