BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh come on, they are professionals to go 2-0 down in the first 10 is shockingly poor. There wasn't even time to follow or ignore the managers instructions. 

I wonder with Dack on sky and talk of play offs have the players started to believe their own hype 

He's started a match with a midfielder upfront, one striker in midfield and the other two on the bench.

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think some of you are completely and undeservidly absolving the players from blame here. OK Palmer upfront is new, but he is good in the air, so I would prefer him than Dack. 

The thing is to go 2-0 down in the first 10 is not all on the manager, the players have a lot to answer for here. 

I think it is you who needs a reality check. These are professional football players who "Specialize" in certain positions. To not play a striker in any game is criminal.

We aren't prime Barcelona but the manager tries to set tactics up to be them.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Now you are being silly. 

I just said if you go 2 down in the opening 10,it can't all be on the manager. The players need to take some of the blame. 

I don't get why that is difficult for some to understand. I get why it's difficult for you to understand

Apparently having Danny Graham on would have prevented them. ?‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree that we should have a natural striker upfront, but is that the reason we conceded 2 goals in 10 minutes? 

I haven't seen those goals but if it's like in the past where we can't retain the ball because there's no outlet upfront, then maybe it could be the reason.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The most sense you have made all day 

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

I think it is you who needs a reality check. These are professional football players who "Specialize" in certain positions. To not play a striker in any game is criminal.

We aren't prime Barcelona but the manager tries to set tactics up to be them.

I have said in every post we should have played a natural striker, so not sure why you said that. 

Having a natural striker wouldn't stop us conceding 2 goals in ten. That's on the defence 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, DE. said:

Plenty of shots, but no striker, so ?

Sharpe needs to really quiz TM on his summer recruitment. If he doesn’t trust Arma or Brereton to play the Graham replacement role (and I can see why with the former at least), then why didn’t he bring in somebody who could play the bloody role instead of playing midfielders up top regularly? It’s so basic it’s infuriating. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Coached by Mowbray.

You're getting there slowly.

So how could he have coached them better for the goals? 

You have seen the goals, right? Surely? Probably not I suppose. Bluster without substance as usual. 

OK that's enough communicating with trolls for me today. Getting a bit of a stink 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The most sense you have made all day 

I have said in every post we should have played a natural striker, so not sure why you said that. 

Having a natural striker wouldn't stop us conceding 2 goals in ten. That's on the defence 

The team should attack and defend as a group. The reason why they play crap with no striker is because none of the midfield are good enough to play a passing game, that also includes Dack who is not a passer himself.

That's why the team in under so much pressure because there is no out ball on. It's played into midfield. Lost and then straight onto us in defence. Four players alone plus a goalkeeper cannot defend for the entire team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If you can't hold the ball up it comes back at you. A lot. 

Ever played football?

I’m aware of that.

I just genuinely don’t think that Graham holding the ball up or not is the problem with those goals.

Without Danny Graham we should expect to concede every five minutes? Daft.

• Like 1