BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

7 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Maybe if you read the quoted message in the reply you quoted you know the "We can grind out results but will only take us so far, much more dominance and flair needed" part

Wow over exaggerating much, give me one game we have looked confident and controlling throughout this season?! 

• Backroom
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

A good old fashioned half time unveiling tomorrow?

Hope he’s got the swagger and flat cap of Mokoena, doubt he’d pull it off as well as the axe though 

• Like 1

Is he though?

I don’t want to start another Maddison rumour again.

Is he for sure? Not sure. 

Could he be? Theoretically.

It's about time this thread started moving regardless. 

1 minute ago, 47er said:

And to jump from there to claiming some expect us to be "strutting the division like Man City do the Premiership" is not hyperbole?!!!  :lol:

Absolutely not, we have been outplayed by 2 teams that I can remember and we are sitting in the top 10 of the division. Yet that is unacceptable and we need to dominate more with flair.. Sorry but if we did that we would be strutting the division like Man City. Being a competitive Championship side in the play-off mix is apparently not enough in our first season back in the Championship for some.

• Like 4

Just now, J*B said:

Is he for sure? Not sure. 

Could he be? Theoretically.

It's about time this thread started moving regardless. 

Thought it was weird to do two on one day...

I’ve just been behind Josh Maja in the drive thru Starbucks near the hospital.

He got a skinny Frappuccino. 

Games gone.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Hope he’s got the swagger and flat cap of Mokoena, doubt he’d pull it off as well as the axe though 

I’d settle for him walking onto the pitch without assistance.

This is not a good move imo. Rovers have a very poor record when it comes to players with hamstring problems. This signing (if he has) is at least 6 months past its best before date. And even then had a whoopsie sticker on it. Like a four-pack of Strongbow with a can missing.

Thought it was weird to do two on one day...

I’ve just been behind Josh Maja in the drive thru Starbucks near the hospital.

He got a skinny Frappuccino. 

Games gone.

A skinny one? Must be doing his medical tomorrow. Here we go!

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’d settle for him walking onto the pitch without assistance.

This is not a good move imo. Rovers have a very poor record when it comes to players with hamstring problems. This signing (if he has) is at least 6 months past its best before date. And even then had a whoopsie sticker on it. Like a four-pack of Strongbow with a can missing.

But sometimes that’s the best deal!

Better than an out of date bottle of Diamond White.

With Chapman I think it’s worth it.

Will cost relative pennies for one of the highest rated English players of his age (England U-20 WC winner).

The lad’s got skill, technique and a cockiness that we only have in Dack, and even if he loses a yard he’s still got time to develop other areas of his game, into a number 10/playmaker/craftier Conway etc. Seems a good character too.

I can see why Mogga would want him around for the price.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

But sometimes that’s the best deal!

Better than an out of date bottle of Diamond White.

With Chapman I think it’s worth it.

Will cost relative pennies for one of the highest rated English players of his age (England U-20 WC winner).

The lad’s got skill, technique and a cockiness that we only have in Dack, and even if he loses a yard he’s still got time to develop other areas of his game, into a number 10/playmaker/craftier Conway etc. Seems a good character too.

I can see why Mogga would want him around for the price.

I can just picture him and Brezza in the education suite watching PowerPoint and YouTube together.

39493CF1-9B4A-46A5-9A0A-85C651F492A0.thumb.jpeg.70cf7d7fa8d9a159bc3895a92940faec.jpeg

At least Chappers will be able to help Brezza with the practicals. For the first couple of weeks anyway.

21 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Absolutely not, we have been outplayed by 2 teams that I can remember and we are sitting in the top 10 of the division. Yet that is unacceptable and we need to dominate more with flair.. Sorry but if we did that we would be strutting the division like Man City. Being a competitive Championship side in the play-off mix is apparently not enough in our first season back in the Championship for some.

Edit - just to stress, this in no way sarcasm. Breath of fresh air your posts today mate.

9E23421D-34DA-4767-875D-10DC6308EB9F.gif

Edited by Biz

32 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wow over exaggerating much, give me one game we have looked confident and controlling throughout this season?! 

Last game

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The point is length of time in football doesn’t automatically make someone a good (or bad) manager. Due to the old boys network it’s largely irrelevant.

It’s as though you are just looking for ways to shut down any negative opinion about him. Guess what Mowbray has more experience in professional football than most Rovers fans. That doesn’t give him a free pass or mean he can’t be questioned.

Him sending out three defenders on loan with no apparent plans (or even reason) to bring one in - is one example. It’s not about slating the manager, it’s about being unhappy with some of his decision making. His team selection away to Charlton being another.

Football is a brutal, hard nosed business. You don`t have a lengthy career as a manager unless you can cut the mustard. Many, many big names have gone under never to been seen again.

No manager should be beyond scrutiny . I`m a huge fan of Mowbray, not just because I believe that he is a good coach but also because I think he brought much needed decency, integrity and stability to the club. I get the feeling that some are quick to forget that (or want to gloss over it for some strange reason). That being said, I saw Brereton v Norwich and thought that he was bereft of confidence and that the manager bares some responsibility for that.

Mowbray has made an assessment of the defensive cover that the squad has/needs and has decided to allow individuals to go out on loan. He isn`t trying to sabotage the club, he doesn't want to sabotage his career, he has reached a considered conclusion. Of course this conclusion should be questioned. However, banging on about it before it has even been tested suggests an agenda (or some strange antipathy) .

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon
  • Like 3

I’m claiming this one sorry.

I’m instagram Poirot. 

If it weren’t for me we wouldn’t know that Tomlinson was punching well above his weight or that Maddison was the ripped jeans lad.

Proper out of the blue if we sign Chapman...

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Football is a brutal, hard nosed business. You don`t have a lengthy career as a manager unless you can cut the mustard. Many, many big names have gone under never to been seen again.

No manager should be beyond scrutiny . I`m a huge fan of Mowbray, not just because I believe that he is a good coach but also because I think he brought much needed decency, integrity and stability to the club. I get the feeling that some are quick to forget that (or want to gloss over it for some strange reason). That being said, I saw Brereton v WBA and thought that he was bereft of confidence and that the manager bares some responsibility for that.

Mowbray has made an assessment of the defensive cover that the squad has/needs and has decided to allow individuals to go out on loan. He isn`t trying to sabotage the club, he doesn't want to sabotage his career, he has reached a considered conclusion. Of course this conclusion should be questioned. However, banging on about it before it has even been tested suggests an agenda (or some strange antipathy) .

Why has everything got to be ‘an agenda’? That’s so 2014.

I can’t agree that we have sufficient cover at cb. You are making an assumption about Mowbray’s assessment. He is gambling on the fitness of two very fragile players. One of whom has missed 7 games this season - including the last two and is being covered by full backs. That’s not to be lauded as some kind of managerial genius, it’s borderline negligence.

I have to take exception to your first paragraph though. Coyle isn’t the only “manager” who has got work on the back of a one-time success, rather any kind of long-term mustard cutting.

• Like 1