BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hard to keep up but could you imagine walking into a pub after losing 5-2 laughing at people who are angry and hurting because they came our with a few snarky remarks?

Absolutely disgusted by that result today. Losing 3-2 maybe but 5-2?? To Brentford!!

Oh I know, it's very annoying. No doubt. Especially considering how close we were to the play offs. 

• Moderation Lead

Predictions for this evening on here:

A few more coming on and saying: ‘I can’t believe the knee jerk reaction’ 

(We got beat 5-2 at a team way below us in the league, what do you expect, bunting and party poppers??)

Chaddy saying ‘blimey’ at least three times. 

The laughing emoji being abused continually at viewpoints that are completely fair enough. 

People mistaking annoyance at losing

5-2 for wanting the manager sacked.

(Before anyone starts, I know there have been some posts calling for TM’s head, but they are a small minority).

If you want reason and rationality after a team loses 5-2, I wouldn’t suggest going on that team’s forum less than an hour after the final whistle. People are going to be annoyed and rightly so!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, alcd said:

Wouldn't have been able to afford the wages on players at that level. Brereton is only one player and won't be the highest paid in the squad. It's wages not transfer fees that are the key factor in signing players.

I agree. Though the Brereton fee was ridiculous.

£7 million is £34,000 a week for 4 years.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I see the knee jerkers are out in force. Our 4 game win streak forgotten. 

Awful display, but Brentford are a good team. Travis poor, Bennett no right back. I just wonder what fans would be saying if Smallwood played like Travis today. 

Also, this freaking out about Brereton, give it a rest. He looked good today of all days. Far worse players on the field. 

Have to say the Conway sub was a poor one. Should have been Rothwell. I think Tony got a bit flustered with the changes, as he can at times. 

It's his job not to. In fact, during those 90 minutes, that's pretty much his entire job.

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You seriously picking out Travis after that debacle? He seemed to be doing very well until Dack and Graham went off and Mowbray changed his game plan.

Presumably you’ll be wanting Smallwood back in the side. Travis is one problem fixed. We have other areas to worry about more.

I didn't write I want Smallwood back and no I don't want him back.

BUT

There have been cracks in Travis' game and Brentford had a plan to rob Travis of the ball when he got possession and force him into passes they could intercept which worked.

Travis and the coaching staff should learn from this and Travis will become the better player for it. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only surprise is that people arr surprised. It's been happening since day one of the season to a greater or lesser extent. I've never felt less affinity towards a squad, they have so little heart.

Bizarre comment Rev. The team has a definite mental fragility when we are defending a lead late in games, but it's almost comical to describe them as having little heart in general. They definitely fight and put themselves about for the vast majority of most games, moreso than any team we've had since the Premiership days.

Never felt less affinity is bizarre too. So the Murphy, Etuhu and Portugeezers mercenary era, you had more affinity? The sack of shit outfit we were under Coyle, more affinity? Today has been crushing, but come on.

• Like 1

Just now, garnersfags said:

Still haven't heard thoughts on why Graham was replaced at same time as Dack. Could that also have been an injury, as I really can't see why he couldn't have lasted til 75 min? There's no logical footballing rationale? 

Has it been confirmed he is injured? 

A few have said he was injured, but I must have missed him getting a knock or whatever. I was pretty bemused by that sub. Taking off both of our goalscorers and biggest goal threats at the same time, fairly early...one was forced, the other better have been or it's a real cockup.

Just now, garnersfags said:

Still haven't heard thoughts on why Graham was replaced at same time as Dack. Could that also have been an injury, as I really can't see why he couldn't have lasted til 75 min? There's no logical footballing rationale? 

Looked it and commentary agreed, will have to wait to find out 100%

Just now, Husky said:

I think we're now back at the top of the 'Goals conceeded after 75mins league'.

Surely we never stopped being at the top of that? Not long ago, 50 percent of all of our goals had been conceded in the last 20 or 30 (I forget which). And there have been a lot of goals conceded.

8 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

tony has done great i just dnt think in long run he is the man to take us up sorry just my view 

No need for apologies. 

Just think we need to keep perspective. 

If Tony had a squad capable of going up then I think it’d be easier to judge.

Frankly, given the sides around us, I credit TM for having us midtable, not blaming him for being outside the play offs. 

Here comes the Mowbray our brigade.???

First season back in the second tier and we’re still doing well for me.

Looking ahead, Raya needs mentoring by someone like Brad Freidel. If he can sort his decision making out, he’ll be a top class keeper. As it is, he’s bang average. He’s at fault for the third.

There’s other areas too. For me though, the goalkeeping situation is the priority though. 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Surely we never stopped being at the top of that? Not long ago, 50 percent of all of our goals had been conceded in the last 20 or 30 (I forget which). And there have been a lot of goals conceded.

When we beat Millwall with 2 late goals they took over our mantle - briefly.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Predictions for this evening on here:

A few more coming on and saying: ‘I can’t believe the knee jerk reaction’ 

(We got beat 5-2 at a team way below us in the league, what do you expect, bunting and party poppers??)

Chaddy saying ‘blimey’ at least three times. 

The laughing emoji being abused continually at viewpoints that are completely fair enough. 

People mistaking annoyance at losing

5-2 for wanting the manager sacked.

(Before anyone starts, I know there have been some posts calling for TM’s head, but they are a small minority).

If you want reason and rationality after a team loses 5-2, I wouldn’t suggest going on that team’s forum less than an hour after the final whistle. People are going to be annoyed and rightly so!

You forgot

Moderators making posts to try and encourage an echo chamber that agrees with him ?

2 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

He was clearly feeling the effects of repeated clobberings.

• Like 1

Are people seriously questioning Mowbray to the point of thinking he should be replaced? He's done a stirling job. It is massively frustrating to do this so often this season and we might have been an utter shambles today - but without him, we were a shambles on and off the field.

He's turned the club around and done far more positives than negatives.  I've no doubt, not just any manager could run our club and I'm glad we have him - even after results like this.

• Like 3