BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. And now he may be injured and we’ll be reliant on Joe Nuttall or God forbid, Brereton.

The few times Ben actually plays striker he looked miles better than what Nutall does. Nutall scores a few lucky goals but he is just inept at anything else. Not that it says much about Brereton. Our best attacking player who doesnt start is still on the bench, I blame TM.

We have nobody on the pitch who can put their foot on the ball, except for Rodwell.

Rothwell should have come on for Dack.

Meanwhile Mowbray will bemoan the loss of three players.

We’ve just had a month to recruit and we still don’t have good enough players on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, Gogger said:

The few times Ben actually plays striker he looked miles better than what Nutall does. Nutall scores a few lucky goals but he is just inept at anything else. Not that it says much about Brereton. Our best attacking player who doesnt start is still on the bench, I blame TM.

Either way - we needed somebody better to replace Graham at 60 mins and to play when Graham can’t play 3 times in a week. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Can you elaborate?

No cover for Bennett on the bench?

It sounded like he had a nightmare and we can’t change it. I like Mowbray, but he’s not infallible and not picking a sub right back when by all accounts Bennett has had a ‘mare is on his head!

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yup

If you have a natural, pacy full back who has done pretty well this season, you play him.  Not shoe horn one of your favourites in there, weakening the side. 

We’re people unhappy with the lineup and cleans sheets lately? Couldn’t tell on here.

Anything else?

Just now, Stuart said:

We have nobody on the pitch who can put their foot on the ball, except for Rodwell.

Rothwell should have come on for Dack.

Meanwhile Mowbray will bemoan the loss of three players.

We’ve just had a month to recruit and we still don’t have good enough players on the bench.

Well I for one hope he doesn’t moan next week when 1 or even 3 of those are out and we have to field kids on the bench given his post window chat.

• Like 1

Just now, jones_rover said:

The over reaction on here is embarrassing. Get the disappointment but some people way too quick to get the knives out as soon as things take a bad turn

I honestly believe that a lot of great supporters became so used to absolute shit  circa 2010-17 that we have lost some of our belief and it's 'easy' to slip back to negativity.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

No cover for Bennett on the bench?

It sounded like he had a nightmare and we can’t change it. I like Mowbray, but he’s not infallible and not picking a sub right back when by all accounts Bennett has had a ‘mare is on his head!

Surprised Reed didn’t go there.

Only 6 spots - Williams offers more versatility.

Again - did people have a problem with the lineup before the match?

• Like 1

Just now, jones_rover said:

The over reaction on here is embarrassing. Get the disappointment but some people way too quick to get the knives out as soon as things take a bad turn

It's not the first time we've let a lead slip, or we've capitulated away from home. It's also not the first time Raya has messed up or we implode when Graham goes off. Tony hasn't remedied any of these issues even though they've been glaringly obvious for a while. It all goes back to poor recruitment IMO. 

• Like 1