BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Just now, alcd said:

Wouldn't have been able to afford the wages on players at that level. Brereton is only one player and won't be the highest paid in the squad. It's wages not transfer fees that are the key factor in signing players.

Course we would. Mowbray said he had money to spend. We are talking good quality players that don't cost the earth in wages. Plenty of those around if you have a good scouting system.

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Well I am going to take a contrarian view to all the tearing of hair and rending of clothes which is going to happen on here.

Brentford had spotted Travis' inexperience and forced error after error from him. That left Evans isolated and ineffectual. For all the damage they did down the wings, Brentford won that game through owning the centre of the park.

The other factor was a soft ref resulting in Rovers ending the game on ten men and Travis and Bennett walking wounded. Mowbray's selection headache is probably going to be solved for him by the treatment room. Brentford were allowed to be brutal and they didn't pass up on the opportunity.

Of course Raya cost us again today but I still think he is a fabulous keeper in the making and would stick with him.

Bennett was shown up for not being the natural right back he isn't- would have much preferred Nyambe out there.

A clear positive was the Brereton cameo and being on the park with Nuttall at the same time showed he is much the better of the two.

Disappointing but the crunch is how we respond against Bristol City next week.

I did not see the game at all. A debt of gratitude I owe to my flakey internet.

Did we not even kick a few of those beestards back?

Edit: elsewhere I see the rest of Team Moanbrays firefighters are showing up. I think I will try to watch Leeds v Norwich and let the children play on here.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 minute ago, philipl said:

A clear positive was the Brereton cameo and being on the park with Nuttall at the same time showed he is much the better of the two.

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

On the plus side, Brerton looked much better than any other time I've seen him. Hope that continues, especially if Dack and Graham are out for any amount of time.

Based on a few comments like this during the game I decided to watch the stream from about 78 minutes onwards (i didn't realise there was a stream until it became obvious UK residents were watching it.)

All I will say is he must ahve been bloody good before I turned it on !!

Just now, philipl said:

Well I am going to take a contrarian view to all the tearing of hair and rending of clothes which is going to happen on here.

Brentford had spotted Travis' inexperience and forced error after error from him. That left Evans isolated and ineffectual. For all the damage they did down the wings, Brentford won that game through owning the centre of the park.

The other factor was a soft ref resulting in Rovers ending the game on ten men and Travis and Bennett walking wounded. Mowbray's selection headache is probably going to be solved for him by the treatment room. Brentford were allowed to be brutal and they didn't pass up on the opportunity.

Of course Raya cost us again today but I still think he is a fabulous keeper in the making and would stick with him.

Bennett was shown up for not being the natural right back he isn't- would have much preferred Nyambe out there.

Disappointing but the crunch is how we respond against Bristol City next week.

You seriously picking out Travis after that debacle? He seemed to be doing very well until Dack and Graham went off and Mowbray changed his game plan.

Presumably you’ll be wanting Smallwood back in the side. Travis is one problem fixed. We have other areas to worry about more.

• Like 2

Heading back from the game.

They are such a good footballing side. It’s a nothing club but you can’t knock their ability in possession. No shame in getting beaten but it’s galling when we give goals away as Raya did. 

Bennett got torn apart. Travis and Evans got picked apart too often.

Overall, 4 wins on the bounce was going to come to an end eventually. Frustrated but not sure we would have won that game regardless of the line up. 

Its how we respond.

• Like 1

I see the knee jerkers are out in force. Our 4 game win streak forgotten. 

Awful display, but Brentford are a good team. Travis poor, Bennett no right back. I just wonder what fans would be saying if Smallwood played like Travis today. 

Also, this freaking out about Brereton, give it a rest. He looked good today of all days. Far worse players on the field. 

Have to say the Conway sub was a poor one. Should have been Rothwell. I think Tony got a bit flustered with the changes, as he can at times. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

But the post he was responding to saying Mowbray should be sacked won't wind people up?

Interesting you picked the response and not the initial post 

Hard to keep up but could you imagine walking into a pub after losing 5-2 laughing at people who are angry and hurting because they came our with a few snarky remarks?

Absolutely disgusted by that result today. Losing 3-2 maybe but 5-2?? To Brentford!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

can you seriously see tony taking us to the promise land if you can a word with yourself

reason why we dropped most points from winning position poor management/defending/no squad depth i love us to go up not happening with tony sorry

First season back in the Champ. The very reason you think promotion is a possibility is because of Mowbray. Were you saying this last week?

It’s a bad defeat. It happens in this division. We’re not ready to go up yet but I don’t think anyone expects us to. 

• Like 2

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

First season back in the Champ. The very reason you think promotion is a possibility is because of Mowbray. Were you saying this last week?

It’s a bad defeat. It happens in this division. We’re not ready to go up yet but I don’t think anyone expects us to. 

tony has done great i just dnt think in long run he is the man to take us up sorry just my view 

• Like 1

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Not really the point. There was a real chance today to get close to the playoffs and keep the momentum going.

Conceding 5 to a team below us in the league is totally unacceptable

The team still collapses all too easily 

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No strengthening in the transfer window was a huge error.

I notice Britt scored 2 for Boro today

Yes, I did wonder if our recent good run of form would miraculously come to an end now the window is shut and players' jobs are safe for a while longer. 

The only surprise is that people arr surprised. It's been happening since day one of the season to a greater or lesser extent. I've never felt less affinity towards a squad, they have so little heart. Yet the manager shrugs his shoulders and says "It's where we're at."

Only interest for me now in the rest of the season is in seeing if Nuttall Brereton and Chapman can make an impact and help us kick on next season.

• Like 2

Just now, AdamRochina said:

What a surprise ..no plan b no striker to replace Graham ..no ambition in the transfer market negative mowbray with his loyalties to piss poor players ..there was actual talk of play offs Jesus Christ give over ..pathetic 

I honestly feel we could have done business in the last window. Good players available and Venky's interested in buying but maybe Mowbray didn't want to gamble. 

End result is we are well short of depth in the squad and we rely on a couple of key players. I don't care what their wages are but BA or CA and a decent right back in our team today would have made all the difference. No ambition means no progress. We should have strengthened in the window - no doubt about it.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Not really the point. There was a real chance today to get close to the playoffs and keep the momentum going.

Conceding 5 to a team below us in the league is totally unacceptable

The team still collapses all too easily 

So sack him? That was what magicmort was replying to.

Strange logic.

Had no idea so much was riding on today.