BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Pissed off at who though?

If you can’t see the bigger picture and see us moving forwards, then you don’t think enough.

At the players and the manager for being 2 nil up before conceding 5. Just as he would have been pleased at the same players and manager winning 3-0 last week. Just because you think you are moving forward doesnt mean you cant be pissed off at a continious trend of collapsing from favourable positions. Mental weakness will prevent us from moving forwards as fast as we would like if it isnt sorted out.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

At the players and the manager for being 2 nil up before conceding 5. Just as he would have been pleased at the same players and manager winning 3-0 last week. Just because you think you are moving forward doesnt mean you cant be pissed off at a continious trend of collapsing from favourable positions. Mental weakness will prevent us from moving forwards as fast as we would like if it isnt sorted out.

I do think a few of us might contend that we do care a lot - but aren’t PISSED OFF or find it constructive.

To each their own, I’m only responding in kind.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Pissed off at who though?

If you can’t see the bigger picture and see us moving forwards, then you don’t think enough.

Sorry I can't be like you with your bongo's out playing Kumbaya, while rubbing fans noses in it on the internet.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well that's a first, I only go back 60  years but I can't ever remember us being 2-0 up after 10 mins and losing 5-2 ! High fives and happy selfies out on the piss don't equate to team spirit in my book. Rolling your sleeves and meeting fire with fire against physical teams  does. Resilience in the face of adversity has been lacking at the club since at least the Big Sam era. None of our subsequent managers have been able to recreate the fighting spirit that Sam's team had to a good extent and Mark Hughes team had in spades.

Cheer up guys I believe England beat Ireland so I'm going to watch it in a minute. Let's see some players putting their bodies on the line.

Sam's Rovers were awful, and Hughes lost the plot too.

Far be it for me to make excuses but you can go 2-0 up too soon in a game away from home. You're in a bit of a dilemma, do we keep going and get another or do we play it a bit cagey and hit them on the break. Your opponents can only play one way - go for goal.

Anybody else at Maine Road about 20 years ago when we were 2-0 up after a similar amount of time only to lose 3-2 to a bloody David White hattrick ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

How is the size pitch even legal? Looked half the size of Ewood! We struggled with it I thought.

Conway has had one good performance in 2 and half years. Should be his arse sat at home not Nyambe. Bennett is and always should be a bench player.

Total gimmie from Raya, not good enough.

The treatment of Joe Rothwell has been an absolute disgrace.

The pitch should have suited out weak as piss full backs, goodness knows how they'd cope on a big pitch, oh yeh that's right just as bad.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Sam's Rovers were awful, and Hughes lost the plot too.

Sam's Rovers were organised (which is more than can be said for the current team) and finished 10th in the top flight. As for Hughes losing the plot he finished 7th in the Premier League in his last season, if that's a manager losing the plot then lets have another.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Hand's up who enjoyed Sam's tenure at EP?  Hughes was fantastic, but complained about resources after a while and lost interest, and the plot and been a failure at his other clubs.

Me. We had a team of quality players and I watched my town club with little money as an established PL club.

After the near decade we’ve had, such statements still amaze me.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Far be it for me to make excuses but you can go 2-0 up too soon in a game away from home. You're in a bit of a dilemma, do we keep going and get another or do we play it a bit cagey and hit them on the break. Your opponents can only play one way - go for goal.

Anybody else at Maine Road about 20 years ago when we were 2-0 up after a similar amount of time only to lose 3-2 to a bloody David White hattrick ?

I agree with that, especially as they were passing us to death once they’d recovered from the opening goal. Personally I think far too much is made of things like game management, sometimes the opposition are just better than you all over the park, as Brentford were today. We certainly aren’t capable yet of stuffing a team like they did us. For all the angst about Bennett - and it was painful to watch - the only goal in open play down that side was when he was 50-yards upfield having just overlapped Travis. 

Just now, booth said:

No, disappointed my team got beat pal. I support Rovers, you?

Nah I’m just here for the laugh.

Sorry if I’m upsetting you more or you feel like I’m winding you up by disagreeing and discussing what you say. 

I’ve been told off already because it’s making people’s fee fees hurt. I’ll perhaps log off.

Apologies again.

Back to the bongos.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Sam's Rovers were organised which is more than can be said for the current team. As for Hughes losing the plot he finished 7th in the Premier League in his last season, if that's a manager losing the plot then lets have another.

Sam had a premiership squad.  I was harsh on Hughes - agreed - but he had money, John Williams and a decent squad.

We are going way off topic here. The premier league sides we had shouldn't even be coming into the equation when compared with these weak as piss players, the awful infrastructure of the club, the lack of realism from the chief exec and the lack of enthusiasm from the fan base.

We have the same awful defence that we've had since the likes of Hanley and Duffy left, bar Amari bell. It needs sorting, simple. The manager hasn't sorted it, simple.

if Graham is injured now, we are fucked, we should have a replacement, the manager hasn't brought one in, he's relying on an awful player in nuttall.

if dack is injured, the only replacement in Palmer has gone.

if Travis is injured, we have to rely on a very poor player in Smallwood, managers loyalty to poor players costly.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Me. We had a team of quality players and I watched my town club with little money as an established PL club.

After the near decade we’ve had, such statements still amaze me.

Eh? Big Sam saved us and then bored us to death.  A disaster occurred and we are a middling level two club.  

1 hour ago, Gamst said:

People must have ridiculously high expectations. To be in with a shout of the play offs the first season after promotion is really rather impressive. We are not going to win them all! 

What people expect is to not be 2-0 up, capitulate, and lose 5-2.