BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford v Rovers

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Where exactly should we have been then when Sam was here then if 10th in the Premier wasn't good enough for you? You do realise Sam wasn't managing in the early/Mid 90's? Anyway you got your wish Sam got the sack and what a resounding failure the club has been ever since then.

I didn't want Sam to be sacked, I just said I was bored to death.  Surely you were too.

Just now, booth said:

You aren't, but questioning why I'm pissed off after a 5-2 defeat is fishing a bit isn't it?

“yOU DoNT CArE ENoUGH IF yOU aRenT PIsSeD OfF ArE YoU EvEn A RoVErS FaN???!!”

That will lead to questions, yes, not fishing. I shouldn’t have lowered myself.

You have the floor.

Where exactly should we have been then when Sam was here then if 10th in the Premier wasn't good enough for you? You do realise Sam wasn't managing in the early/Mid 90's? Anyway you got your wish Sam got the sack and what a resounding failure the club has been ever since then.

I'll admit I found Allardyce a frustrating manager at times but you can't argue with the results, and for any criticism I gave him I wouldn't have got rid given the club wasn't in a position to match even the mid-tier teams budgets. For the club at that time, he was the right manager and it's arguable we'd still be a PL club now if he'd stayed.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

“yOU DoNT CArE ENoUGH IF yOU aRenT PIsSeD OfF ArE YoU EvEn A RoVErS FaN???!!”

That will lead to questions, yes, not fishing. I shouldn’t have lowered myself.

You have the floor.

If you aren't pissed off with a 5-2 defeat I think you have to question it.

Here's the offending article, and it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

Just in the same way I reserve the right to be pissed off when we lose 5-2 after being 2-0 up. If you aren't pissed off, then you can't care enough.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Nah I’m just here for the laugh.

Sorry if I’m upsetting you more or you feel like I’m winding you up by disagreeing and discussing what you say. 

I’ve been told off already because it’s making people’s fee fees hurt. I’ll perhaps log off.

Sorry did you basically just admit that you're here to troll your fellow fans after a gut-wrenching 5-2 defeat? Because it sure sounded a lot like that.

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Did it? Lay off the Bordeaux pal.

Stone cold sober and not been involved in your arguments. Just telling you how you're coming across.

The fact you replied by insinuating I'm drunk only supports my theory that you're trolling. No intention of getting into back-and-forth with you though. Have a nice evening winding up your fellow fans.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I didn’t.

Birmingham next.

Respect for you = GONE

Think I'll do brum, £20 fair play brummies.

OJ mate, shame we didn't have the Xmas eve meet up this year, will have to arrange an end of season beer down ewood pal.

Edited by AAK

Ah.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, never mind.

'Lay off the Bordeaux pal' doesn't sound like benefit of the doubt (whatever that even means in this context).

Think I'll go and actually drink something, c ya.

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I didn't want Sam to be sacked, I just said I was bored to death.  Surely you were too.

Not at all we were a club with a modest budget competing in the top half of what was then best league in the world and personally I have always been a fan of Sam and his slightly old fashioned style of football. What has happened since Sam left has shown what a fine job he did. Give me a more pragmatic brand of football but a top half finish in the PL than going more attacking and ending up going down.

You failed to answer my question that I put to you about where we should have been under Sam? As you said you had different standards to me when I said finishing top 10 in the premier league and making a cup semi final was a good season. 

Not at all we were a club with a modest budget competing in the top half of what was then best league in the world and personally I have always been a fan of Sam and his slightly old fashioned style of football. What has happened since Sam left has shown what a fine job he did. Give me a more pragmatic brand of football but a top half finish in the PL than going more attacking and ending up going down.

You failed to answer my question that I put to you about where we should have been under Sam? As you said you had different standards to me when I said finishing top 10 in the premier league and making a cup semi final was a good season. 

Sam saved us like he has done for many other, but then the we have to sit there for a season watching terrible football.  I was hoping that we might do better, many others have on modest incomes.

I was being asked “if I’m even a fan” because I wasn’t “pissed off” at Mowbray.

This is the level of the debate that is being so carefully cultivated on here, and that I’m throwing myself into full force as a response.

So rather than take offence, I said, sarcastically “no I’m here for the laugh”

and you came out with “you are trolling other fans”

The benefit of the doubt was because that accusation makes you either sounded pissed, or thick.

Have a nice night

Who asked you that?

33 minutes ago, AAK said:

We are going way off topic here. The premier league sides we had shouldn't even be coming into the equation when compared with these weak as piss players, the awful infrastructure of the club, the lack of realism from the chief exec and the lack of enthusiasm from the fan base.

We have the same awful defence that we've had since the likes of Hanley and Duffy left, bar Amari bell. It needs sorting, simple. The manager hasn't sorted it, simple.

if Graham is injured now, we are fucked, we should have a replacement, the manager hasn't brought one in, he's relying on an awful player in nuttall.

if dack is injured, the only replacement in Palmer has gone.

if Travis is injured, we have to rely on a very poor player in Smallwood, managers loyalty to poor players costly.

I could pick this apart but what’s the point. 

The overreaction by some fans is ridiculous. It’s a shame. There’s still plenty to enjoy about this season.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Just wondering how many posters SB and Blue regards as thick? I'm assuming he is someone of gigantic cerebral acumen.

He can't be that bright, he took a reply that I gave to magicalmortensleftpeg and attributed it to himself.

Then completely misunderstood it.

Then completely misquoted it.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Two other things stuck in my mind, if Armstrong had put that chance away to make it 3-0, I think it would have been enough, and I agree with Mowbray about no one closing down the shooter for their 2nd, we don’t have anyone who’ll take one in the bollocks to stop a shot.

We were 3-0 up at Stoke remember? Only a missed pen saved us. We are masters at losing from winning positions,

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I was being asked “if I’m even a fan” because I wasn’t “pissed off” at Mowbray.

This is the level of the debate that is being so carefully cultivated on here, and that I’m throwing myself into full force as a response.

So rather than take offence, I said, sarcastically “no I’m here for the laugh”

and you came out with “that sounds like you are trolling other fans”

The benefit of the doubt was because that accusation makes you sound either pissed, or thick.

Have a nice night

There was no need to suggest I'm drunk or thick just because I see the mirth you appear to be deriving from others' misery. Schadenfreude.

Granted, it seems I didn't pay enough attention to your exchange amidst the maelstrom of posts here to see the nuance that when you said you were here for a laugh, you were replying to the rhetorical question of whether you're a Rovers fan, and not contrasting your state of mind with the OP's when he said he wasn't OK because he was disappointed with the defeat. Also granted, I'm an intellectual amoeba in the presence of a luminary such as yourself.

Still don't think that's good cause to call me drunk or thick.

• Like 1