BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, A cup of beans said:

What lesson have Venkys learnt ? And where's any evidence that they've done so ? Didn't bother reading the rest

1-Don't buy a football club when you know jack-sh1t about football 

2-Do not sack a respected coach and replace him with a coach recommended by an agent

3-Do not stick with that coach when it is obvious none of the fans want him and that he will relegate the team

4-Do not stick with him after relegation

5-Do not bring a Malaysian football pundit in as a global advisor

6-Throwing money into a relegated team does not guarantee promotion and will land you under FFP restrictions 

7-Get football people in and let them make football decisions (the Coyle appointment was an absolutely terrible decision, so I suppose you can't always trust "football people" either!)

I would say the above 7 points have been their key leanings 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't know. Did he? 

If he did, is that such a bad thing? He was seen as being a good prospect here and I wouldn't say 5,000 is crazy money. Not sure it has worked out for him though. 

It seemed a bit excessive at the time seeing as he only had a few games and was probably going from five hundred per week. I was also led to believe it was plus bonuses and on a sliding upward scale so god knows how much it became. Young Adam was quick to tell his former school pals how much he was getting when on the lash regularly, it certainly didn't do him any favours.

Point is if this is the kind of deals they were signing youth up on at the time it won't have helped the wage bill and also will have lumbered the club with a few who nobody else would take when they failed to make the grade here.

Just now, tomphil said:

It seemed a bit excessive at the time seeing as he only had a few games and was probably going from five hundred per week. I was also led to believe it was plus bonuses and on a sliding upward scale so god knows how much it became. Young Adam was quick to tell his former school pals how much he was getting when on the lash regularly, it certainly didn't do him any favours.

Point is if this is the kind of deals they were signing youth up on at the time it won't have helped the wage bill and also will have lumbered the club with a few who nobody else would take when they failed to make the grade here.

That is still only 1 youth player. The implication in the post that started this conversation was that agents were signing a lot of our youth players onto big contracts at the club. 

That doesn't seem to be the case though? 

Just now, tomphil said:

Jordan Slew was on 10k. He cost £1m.

It's frightening how much money Kean and Anderson were allowed to waste. The club has paid for it ever since*

*Yes, I know it's ultimately Venky's fault.

Wasn't it just implied that a certain agent on behalf of another was doing his best to get as many youth as possible on to their books, whatever the contracts might have been. By doing so yet again navigating around the conflict of interest issue ?

• Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Jordan Slew was on 10k. He cost £1m.

It's frightening how much money Kean and Anderson were allowed to waste. The club has paid for it ever since*

*Yes, I know it's ultimately Venky's fault.

Global idiot put all the Portugeezer unknowns straight onto 10k pwk as well allegedly.

Shambolic stuff.

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus, Jordan Slew, I forgot about him. Crazy times. 

As for the Portuguesers , if they were on 10,000 a week, I would eat my hat. Why did they leave to mickey mouse leagues for less money so?? 

Paid off probably. There was info flying around about them a while back, tabloid journos not just BRFCS speculation. Contrary to what you seem to think a dozen posters or so don't just run around making stuff up on here there has been a lot dripped out via various other sources over the years.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

As for the Portuguesers , if they were on 10,000 a week, I would eat my hat. Why did they leave to mickey mouse leagues for less money so?? 

I'm not one for some of the conspiracy stuff but I don't doubt for 1 minute we were paying ridiculous wages to anyone and everyone signed when the agents were 'sleeping at Brockhall'. It's in their interests to get the best deals possible for the players, and themselves.  If there is no oversight from the people putting the money in and the CEO has also gone 'rogue' then there are no safeguards.

The club is still paying out historical contracts. The Portuguesers could well be included in those. or they could have had straight pay-offs. 

Simon Vukevic was one that Shaw admitted to a couple of years ago, saying people would be astounded by how much he was on, or words to that effect. Cheston even mentions the historic contracts in this interview from last summer:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14471425._We_need_to_live_within_our_financial_means___Q_A_with_Blackburn_Rovers_director_Mike_Cheston/  

No mention of the 'outstanding candidate' to come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

David Raya - FA paperwork Feb 2016 stated his agent is Juame Munell Perales of Futbol XXI SL

Nayambe - FA Paperwork Feb 2016 stated his agent is Simon Conning of Simon Conning Consulting

Cheers wonder how many millions Simon has had out of the club over these past six years for what....... on the pitch.

Wonder if Parsonblue will join in the discussion as he seems to be heavily involved with the youths.

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Athlete said:

a lot of fans including numerous posters on here still don't want to believe it ...heads buried in sand comes to mind

Interesting reaction from chaddy when a certain name was mentioned.

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We paid pretty much all of them up, except Paulo Jorge who stayed here until the bitter end (2015). 

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not one for some of the conspiracy stuff but I don't doubt for 1 minute we were paying ridiculous wages to anyone and everyone signed when the agents were 'sleeping at Brockhall'. It's in their interests to get the best deals possible for the players, and themselves.  If there is no oversight from the people putting the money in and the CEO has also gone 'rogue' then there are no safeguards.

The club is still paying out historical contracts. The Portuguesers could well be included in those. or they could have had straight pay-offs. 

Simon Vukevic was one that Shaw admitted to a couple of years ago, saying people would be astounded by how much he was on, or words to that effect. Cheston even mentions the historic contracts in this interview from last summer:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14471425._We_need_to_live_within_our_financial_means___Q_A_with_Blackburn_Rovers_director_Mike_Cheston/  

No mention of the 'outstanding candidate' to come.

The Portuguese cost a million together with 600k stated on paperwork for fees. 

In truth it cost almost ten times those figures the moment they came to the club ex. Wages

56 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Sounds to me like Venky's have been well and truly shafted. Wasn't Shebby Venky's man? Why has he handing out huge contracts to complete nobodies?

Where have you been for the last 7yrs?

Venkys appoint individuals way beyond their abilities, give them the keys to the club and they run amok.

You sound outraged? why?

Just now, Gav said:

Where have you been for the last 7yrs?

Venkys appoint individuals way beyond their abilities, give them the keys to the club and they run amok.

You sound outraged? why?

People on here think they're in on it, remember that part ownership @#/?? I think they are just incredibly stupid. Not sure where you've got 'outraged' from, I'm certainly not outraged. You aren't bright enough to have such a big mouth.

• Like 1

Just now, RV Blue said:

People on here think they're in on it, remember that part ownership @#/?? I think they are just incredibly stupid. Not sure where you've got 'outraged' from, I'm certainly not outraged. You aren't bright enough to have such a big mouth.

Bit excessive don't you think?

I was only asking why you sounded outraged at something thats been going on for 7yrs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Interesting reaction from chaddy when a certain name was mentioned.

No reaction from me. Just think agent talk just be a different thread to the Tony Mowbray one. 

I'm very relax chill out person. Had a very good positive and productive day. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No reaction from me. Just think agent talk just be a different thread to the Tony Mowbray one. 

I'm very relax chill out person. Had a very good positive and productive day. 

Head in the sand.... 

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Sounds to me like Venky's have been well and truly shafted. Wasn't Shebby Venky's man? Why has he handing out huge contracts to complete nobodies?

C'mom even if they'd been shafted once twice do you think they'd keep allow themselves to keep getting shafted.. No me neither 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Athlete said:

C'mom even if they'd been shafted once twice do you think they'd keep allow themselves to keep getting shafted.. No me neither 

Ask Mortgage Mike (Cheston) as he is known as.... If he can't sell the land, he will sell your houses on brockhole or ST's for the coming season like Craig Whyte at Rangers did via ticketus... oooops he has done so already. that's money you have on direct debit waiting to be paid for or money your working hard at work for to be paid this month, Mike Cheston has already spent and loaned against this.

Track the flow of short term loans out the club... They don't go to the FA and who ever has the second loan... They go to VLL but hold on Not VLL pumping in the cash? So the club is loaning its own money and paying the interest on it to do so. 

All the while VLL continue to keep its own overdraft and loans keeping it afloat...just by living off the proceeds in the last 12 months of BRFC.

Fast forward to 2mins 25 secs and see what Mike Cheston/Venkys have done for this year. Who said boycotting isn't harming the club?

Publication1.jpg

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 2