BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thats your opinion not mine. We will see and judge him on signings in the summer. 

You arent interested in the team on the pitch. I am. 

Did you sing and back the boys today? Appears Ewood was once again sat in silence? So who on either side of the fence is actually getting behind these boys?

Proven liar Chaddy, why prolong it further, why let it rot more? 7 years not enough?

I'm not interested in being naive. Of course i am on the pitch but that eleven today showed exactly what they thought of Chaddy and Blueboy etc.

Who mentioned anything about being interested about what's on the pitch, you quoted my thoughts on Senior? as below

You don't learn.

Senior - "No added value" was why he dismissed any January signing despite there being monies available and players lined up sat in hotels etc which i don't see how given the perilous state of the finances of the club anyways. Given the supporters consultation which you seem well informed on provided Senior hits of "I made a good decision did i not" on both the Joao and Mowbray additions.

When the F**k are you going to wake up and realise he like the rest are charlatans out for themselves?

Your not stupid so stop buying the PR spin, you can't PR spin a second relegation can you? Which directly hes 50% of this season responsible for.

PS@rovers.co.uk Give Paul a email

Don't change the focus of the argument here. Senior has been caught out bullshitting 

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats your opinion not mine. We will see and judge him on signings in the summer. 

No we will see and judge him on signings now.

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can't you see this is bigger than the eleven men on the pitch? The club is being destroyed, and you're swimming in a goldfish bowl,  failing time and time again to recognise what is happening. 

What signings in the summer? We're cobbled together with loans and free transfers. There'll be very little incoming transfers this summer. 

Will you still be doing this when we're non league? Because make no mistake, that's where venkys are taking us

• Like 6

Just now, broadsword said:

Can't you see this is bigger than the eleven men on the pitch? The club is being destroyed, and you're swimming in a goldfish bowl,  failing time and time again to recognise what is happening. 

What signings in the summer? We're cobbled together with loans and free transfers. There'll be very little incoming transfers this summer. 

Will you still be doing this when we're non league? Because make no mistake, that's where venkys are taking us

IMG_0703.JPG

• Like 2

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray: "It's always been a big job and today's results obviously don't help at all. 

"If you're looking for a positive and a light at the end of the tunnel, the next two games are against Forest and Bristol City and we have to go and try and take maximum points of course. 

"It's a time to stick together, it's a time not to pick holes in each other. It's a time to find team spirit that will hopefully get us results."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39462929?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

This just sounds really really desperate. If we are relying on team spirit to win games then we are really in trouble. Hope it's just the hurt talking and Mowbray has game plans for both Forest and Bristol - or he isn't the guy I thought he was.

Worst of all, we are now in a position where we can beat Forest and Bristol and still go down. For me there have been three defining results since Mowbray came in: losing to Burton right at the time he joined (when everyone should have been really up for it); conceding so late on against Preston that a draw felt like a defeat; and yesterday's gutless display when we made Barnsley look so comfortable that despite 60% possession we only managed to create two shots on target.

The players looked so resigned that I honestly think we will lose to both Forest and Bristol and be down in 8 days due to our awful GD.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dummies then put us into administration and becomd confused when the 15 point deduction is applied next season.

To be fair the Burton game (which was a draw) he'd only just got in and assessed how bad it was. However the others mentioned, including Norwich, were right clangers. The next two games are probably last chance saloon and will tell us a lot about his ability, even accounting for an appalling team.

Just now, Blue blood said:

To be fair the Burton game (which was a draw) he'd only just got in and assessed how bad it was. However the others mentioned, including Norwich, were right clangers. The next two games are probably last chance saloon and will tell us a lot about his ability, even accounting for an appalling team.

The next two games will tell just what a poor collection of " players " we have amassed.

I think the main job for Mobray in the next two games is to lift the spirits and get the players fighting. I've played in a lot of games where we were arguably the weaker team but we went out with this resolve that we weren't going to be beaten and players stood up and put everything in.

il never forget one game we played against this really well organised team and their lads payed some great football and were definitely a better footballing team, but we went out  and gave them hell put a foot in made I don't know how many last ditch tackles and the boys up front ran and ran and ran their socks off to try and create something. We won the game 3-2 I think but it showed me the power of spirit and determination to do a job for the man standing next to you.

rovers this season have lacked a few leaders that have really grabbed the situation by the balls and through blood sweat and tears gotten a result. The lads in the current squad just don't have it and unfortunately u can't just learn it, it's within you. 

Yesturday of all days when you need them to make a stand, it was just obvious that it wasn't there n the lads don't have it in them. Mulgrew is possibly the one lad that does have that fight within but he's now gone for the season and no1 wanted to step. Up n take his place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Speaking of players, what has happened to Gallagher? Id say he just wants to get back to Southampton asap. 

All well and good signing loan players if they are playing and in a successful team, but when push comes to shove, it's backs against the wall... they're useless, because they know it makes no odds to them come the end of the season. They aren't committed. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The next two games will tell just what a poor collection of " players " we have amassed.

It will certainly highight how little they care.

Every decision these owners have made has been a bad one.

On 4/9/2017 at 3:09 AM, Dunnfc said:

I know Blackburn isn't the main hub of intelligence (What place is renowned as?) but we have some of the most gullible fans going.

Strangely Pune was renowned for its educational facilities, known as the Oxford of the East at some stage,  Would take a guess that Barry wagged off a lot

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Senior could be the best Director of Football in the industry. He could have a raft of quality players lined up ready and willing to join Rovers. Unfortunately unless Venkys are prepared to change the habit of a lifetime and give him a proper budget and let him get on with it then we'll fail.

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

Senior could be the best Director of Football in the industry. He could have a raft of quality players lined up ready and willing to join Rovers. Unfortunately unless Venkys are prepared to change the habit of a lifetime and give him a proper budget and let him get on with it then we'll fail.

Exactly. Venky's entire business model in regards to Rovers needs to change and I don't see that happening. It's the same every transfer window - players linked, manager comments that he's waiting for the "green light" from India, most of the time the target ends up elsewhere. The only ones we do get are the players nobody else wanted and who were happy to wait the month or so it takes for Venky's to agree to anything. 

It's been a joke since day 1 and hasn't got any better. These idiots haven't learned a thing. 

Any competent owners would have had a plan in place for relegation to League One. It nearly happened in 2013 and 2016 and has been likely since the day this season began. Their decision to cease investment and sell everyone has ensured that.

Yet we all know that once relegation is confirmed that a period of 'confusion' will set in. If we are lucky we'll be given another 'statement' confirming their commitment to the club. We will have to wait until their summit meeting in late May before the subject is even discussed and budgets are even looked at for next season. Then a few more weeks will pass before Mowbray or whoever is manager finds out what is happening.

The priority will be shifting people like Graham and Evans out the door and using the cash raised to pay off Stokes, any incomings will have to wait until that business is done and enough is saved in wages to authorise some incomings. We'll be messing about in late August throwing a squad together from what loans and frees are still available meanwhile the likes of Fleetwood (providing they don't pass us this summer) will go into next season with a quality manager and coaching staff and a settled tried and tested squad in place ready for next season.

Its all so predictable. Senior will talk about having to wait to get the right value for money and the right characters into the club.

Senior comes across as a very astute, ambitious and ruthless man who has now chosen DoF as his route to the top in football.

He needs success at Rovers on his CV. 

When he knows he can't achieve it at Rovers he will be off quicker than a whores draws.

However he is too smart to have been conned by the putrid of Pune so  I am going to wait and see what happens in the summer window.

Have to....anyway :(

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, JHRover said:

My gut feeling > Senior is a fraud a good man for Venkys to employ !

After Saturday's game I started really thinking about the realities of league 1 next year, there seems to be talk amongst some that when we go down at least we will have the fun of a promotion season (I seem to remember the same things being said a couple of years ago), which got me thinking about the chances of us going straight back up. It really hit me for the first time that we could really struggle to compete financially even in league 1 with the current policy of spending absolutely nothing.

We are almost certain to lose all the players out of contract, loans will all go back, leaving us with about 6 players of which I expect Mulgrew and Graham to move on. Mahoney will almost certainly reject any contract offer and I can see Lenihan moving on. Now, look at the loans we have brought in this year, they've been of a decent championship standard but not exactly been world beaters, think on the fact that next year we will be receiving loans of lesser quality. 

To succeed in league 1 you need the quality of players like Bradshaw, Dack and Billy Sharp to name a few, could we realistically bring any of these players in, could we heck, we couldn't even finance a deal for Bradshaw when he was looked at 18 months ago let alone now. So based on the above where are we bringing these players in who are suddenly going to fire us to promotion in a tough league?

15 minutes ago, DE. said:

Exactly. Venky's entire business model in regards to Rovers needs to change and I don't see that happening. It's the same every transfer window - players linked, manager comments that he's waiting for the "green light" from India, most of the time the target ends up elsewhere. The only ones we do get are the players nobody else wanted and who were happy to wait the month or so it takes for Venky's to agree to anything. 

It's been a joke since day 1 and hasn't got any better. These idiots haven't learned a thing. 

I'd say they learned straight away, money in from players the first chunk disappears straight away then the rest of the instalments go towards bills servicing a huge debt running the show. Meanwhile you buy in on the drip which adds to the bank debt running the show. Hit the limit with that, parachutes run out so continue to sell and don't buy at all........simples.

Keeps investors happy and the bank for a while at least.

Wiith crowds of about 5/6000 and no owner input, we will simply be a mid ranking League 1 team.

Just think that through a moment and look at the clubs Venky's have made our peer group...

1 Sheffield United Sheffield United 445.667   21.222
2 Bradford City Bradford City 379.874 21 18.089
3 Bolton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers 302.658 21 14.412
4 Charlton Athletic Charlton Athletic 232.342 21 11.064
5 Milton Keynes Dons Milton Keynes Dons 209.598 21 9.981
6 Bristol Rovers Bristol Rovers 193.123 21 9.196
7 Millwall FC Millwall FC 191.395 21 9.114
8 Coventry City Coventry City 190.782 21 9.085
9 Oxford United Oxford United 173.906 21 8.281
10 Southend United Southend United 152.692 21 7.271
11 Swindon Town Swindon Town 146.302 21 6.967
12 Northampton Town Northampton Town 129.531 21 6.168