BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, JAL said:

Mowbray needed to be replaced at Middlesbrough in order for them to progress and achieve success so if he thinks Steele is his number one to can get you results then he's a phoney Tony in my book.

Rovers need a top class keeper in the summer .

Not many of those knocking around on a free transfer and £5k a week wages JAL.

Just now, JAL said:

Mowbray needed to be replaced at Middlesbrough in order for them to progress and achieve success so if he thinks Steele is his number one to can get you results then he's a phoney Tony in my book.

How much did Mowbray spend compare to Karanka? Plus wasnt Gibson(Boro owner) making cutbacks after the very expensive Gordon Strachan spend a forture and got nowhere? 

Before we start thinking of the summer transfer window and next season we must be focusing on staying up THIS season. 

On the keeper issue Steele looks better and more confident. Still think Raya needs some good game time here. Mowbray hasnt bought in a GK coach yet. So he needs to bring one in the summer. Maybe he is waiting for Dean Kiely or someone else employed. If Pardew get the Norwich job then I can see Kiely leaving cos Pardew always want Andy Woodman as Gk coach at his previous clubs(last 2 at least)

13 minutes ago, JAL said:

David de Gea has been linked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How much did Mowbray spend compare to Karanka? Plus wasnt Gibson(Boro owner) making cutbacks after the very expensive Gordon Strachan spend a forture and got nowhere? 

Before we start thinking of the summer transfer window and next season we must be focusing on staying up THIS season. 

On the keeper issue Steele looks better and more confident. Still think Raya needs some good game time here. Mowbray hasnt bought in a GK coach yet. So he needs to bring one in the summer. Maybe he is waiting for Dean Kiely or someone else employed. If Pardew get the Norwich job then I can see Kiely leaving cos Pardew always want Andy Woodman as Gk coach at his previous clubs(last 2 at least)

Chaddy agree with you about the Boro situation but Steele better????

the guy is the worst keeper I've ever seen, along with Fettis and costs us goals and points regularly. Maybe 1 in 5 he has a good game but generally he is poor even for this level.

Whilst there are loads of people to blame IF we go down - mainly Vs and clueless - Steele on the playing side is up there letting in soft goal after soft goal. He is a liability plain and simple and can't be spun positively.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Chaddy agree with you about the Boro situation but Steele better????

the guy is the worst keeper I've ever seen, along with Fettis and costs us goals and points regularly. Maybe 1 in 5 he has a good game but generally he is poor even for this level.

Whilst there are loads of people to blame IF we go down - mainly Vs and clueless - Steele on the playing side is up there letting in soft goal after soft goal. He is a liability plain and simple and can't be spun positively.

I've said all season long we need a new keeper and it should have been one of the most important areas to strength last summer

On 11/03/2017 at 1:31 PM, Gav said:

Not many of those knocking around on a free transfer and £5k a week wages JAL.

Imagine Steele will be on three times that Gav.

What do you know about local agent Simon Conning Gav  ? 

Just asking !

Edited by JAL

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've said all season long we need a new keeper and it should have been one of the most important areas to strength last summer

No problems with you saying that /having that view, it was the better comment that surprised me (especially in light of your viewpoint.) Steele needs to improve a lot more than better to get anywhere near adequate.

Not sure it's worth getting defensive about - wasn't trying to question your football knowlege.

Edited by Blue blood

1 minute ago, JAL said:

What do you know about local agent Simon Conning Gav  ? as this guy once told me prior to the takeover once how he'd love John Williams job way back then.

Just asking !

I know absolutely nothing about a local agent called Simon Conning.

In my opinion most agents are leaches and parasites, but I do stress this is my opinion. 

So back to the main point, top class goal keeper in the summer you called for? With reduced budget and no transfer fee? 

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Just gotta find a top class international keeper who isn't being appreciated where they are so they'll be given away for free...

Worked for us last time we did that ;)

Big difference now Mike in that we can only call on a small amount of the gene pool, agents running the show, the books are cooked.

47 minutes ago, JAL said:

What do you know about local agent Simon Conning Gav  ? as this guy once told me prior to the takeover once how he'd love John Williams job way back then.

Just asking !

What has Simon Conning got to do the Mowbray thread? 

If you want to talk agents then start a thread about it

21 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

No problems with you saying that /having that view, it was the better comment that surprised me (especially in light of your viewpoint.) Steele needs to improve a lot more than better to get anywhere near adequate.

Not sure it's worth getting defensive about - wasn't trying to question your football knowlege.

I felt that Steele in the 3 league games Ive seen since Mowbray took over he looks better. Under Coyle felt Steele went massive backwards. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I felt that Steele in the 3 league games Ive seen since Mowbray took over he looks better. Under Coyle felt Steele went massive backwards. 

The defence has been better since Mowbray took over so no wonder Steele has looked better.

He deserves a little credit for his assist against Wigan but the man is a liability,very poor goalkeeper,makes the odd Hollywood save but the rest of his game is poor,he looks like a rabbit in headlights when coming for a cross,his distribution is terrible 9 times out of ten.

Bit worried that Mowbray will stick with him though as he had him at Boro.An experienced number 1 should Be near the top of the list for incomings this summer.Raya has potential but why on earth wasn't he sent on loan to a league 1 or 2 club this season is beyond me 

• Like 3

There is no guarantee that Mowbray will stick with Steele just because he had him at boro. The thing is though that we have been spoiled here with our goalkeepers. Friedel in particular set an unachievable standard that is pretty much impossible to repeat, even if we were still in the premiership. Hopefully Raya comes good,because I think it will be very difficult to sign a goalkeeper of the standard we all expect and want at the club. 

Repeating myself again but Steele must be the weakest keeper iv'e seen at Rovers and reminds me of Darren Collier. It's taken him nigh on 3 years to build enough strength to kick the ball proper and i think he's gone backwards since keeper coach Keeley left. 

Along with some steak for meals they need to insert some metal plates into his weak wrists. No wonder he was 3rd choice at the then average Boro when Rovers went for him. Scary thing is i don't think Raya will prove any better.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who's Simon Conning chaddy ?

7 hours ago, JAL said:

Who's Simon Conning chaddy ?

What has he got to do with Tony Mowbray and this thread?

Set up an Agent thread and discuss him there

Tbh, I really couldnt care about Simon Conning. You are obsess about agents. Thats why I think you are football agent or work for a sport agency

Jal out!!!

All that matters is staying up this season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Simon Conning was brought in by Jerome Anderson as he was a SEM agent.

Jerome got all the youth to sign up to Simon Conning Consulting agency.

That's why some of the youth were on obscene contracts.

Right name then.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Unbeaten yet still in the Bottom 3. Shows the massive damage chimphead was doing.

Totally agree RS. If Tony Mowbray had been appointed two months earlier we would have been talking about Championship football for next season right now. Not Senior's fault.

Don't expect comments from the venky camp.

27 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Simon Conning was brought in by Jerome Anderson as he was a SEM agent.

Jerome got all the youth to sign up to Simon Conning Consulting agency.

That's why some of the youth were on obscene contracts.

14 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Yep also Crown Football Group where he is director. Clients include Nyambe, Sam Gallagher, Ryan Edwards, Luke Varney etc.

Thanks Dunnfc for coming on here and posting it instead of little hints like Jal does.

Can I asked when you said "That's why some of the youth were on obscene contracts." have these players moved on since or still here?