BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the link there AllRoverAsia. 

But I dont believe he is in the loop at all. I said that Senior appears to running all football operations like his job title is. 

Senior is running the football side. Cheston the finances. Never the twain shall meet.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Was this the tie in question?

Publication1.jpg

Not sure why I care but I do.:) If you look at the 'dafabet' sign behind his visible right ear then it's red. The one behind his left shoulder looks claret. I presume they are both red. The Sky bet logo is also a different shade depending on the where it is on the walls behind. Could be a light thing and Mowbrays tie could be any dark colour. We may need to call in CSI Blackburn. Or JAL could be right. That dafabet sign really does look claret. They've took over. They're everywhere the B@st@rds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Looking at those we lose in summer:

Wes Brown, Gordon Greer, Jason Lowe, Danny Guthrie, Hope Akpan, Adam Henley.

Lost loans:

Lucas Joao, Sam Gallagher, Marvin Emnes, Stephen Hendrie, Tommy Hogan.

That is according to Transfermarkt, anyway. I'd only be desperate to keep Emnes, Gallagher, and Guthrie from that lot.

Others can be replaced/filled in from the academy. The £6m saving demand is another Venky's arse-up, but it needn't be TOO doom and gloom if Mowbray can keep up what he's done so far.

Imo, Mahoney, Tomlinson, Nyambe, Raya are NOW team-ready players who we must keep on (already here = saving). The next step are the likes of Doyle at left back, Wharton at cb, Harecastle in midfield, Rankin-Costello in attacking-mid, possibly Butterworth if he can kick on.

By no means is it what I want, but I reckon the above could be where Cheston/Venky's see that £6m saving coming from. Trying to work out how we can use it to our favour, not that it's ever been that way under the charlatans.

At a normal club you may be right. Rovers don't fit into that category. Any promising young players will be sold for the first half decent offer that comes along. They have even got the sense to hang on to them and maximise the fee. Sad I know but remember who told you first.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure why I care but I do.:) If you look at the 'dafabet' sign behind his visible right ear then it's red. The one behind his left shoulder looks claret. I presume they are both red. The Sky bet logo is also a different shade depending on the where it is on the walls behind. Could be a light thing and Mowbrays tie could be any dark colour. We may need to call in CSI Blackburn. Or JAL could be right. That dafabet sign really does look claret. They've took over. They're everywhere the B@st@rds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm leaning to black 

IMG_3163.JPG

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Looks like a QEGS tie to me. 

Thing is, it could be a totally different set of people running the club in the summer. Mowbray may go, Cheston might be out, Pasha might finally fall foul of the work permit thing, Senior might need to spend too much time on a sunbed or at the orthodontist to be bothered recruiting players. We live in Venkyworld so who knows? Trying to second guess this lot is like Canute trying to hold back the tide. Impossible tasks

Edited by gumboots
It edited that Danish kings name because it thought I was swearing
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, USABlue said:

I like what I hear from TM, let's just see if he can get that theory to practice over the next dozen games, he's turned my opinion and I am praying for himh to be a success bith on the field and with his dress selection.

He also wears a DRESS!!!! :blink:

I love giving youth a chance as much as the next guy but can I just remind people all the players people are pushing for the first team in the championship are the same lads that struggled in the checkatrade trophy against L1 & L2 opposition. If they all get brought through believe me it's nothing to celebrate

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I somehow doubt Senior has any weight over Cheston.

Cheston will be the one running the show with finances being number 1 then reporting to Suhail

Cheston wont be in charge of the football operations side. He deal with the finances side of the club but very doubt he will be setting budgets cos all that will be decide by the owners. He will go through Pasha who then talks to Balaji. So he isnt number 1 but that is Pasha. Both Senior and Cheston both report to Pasha. Whether Senior speaks direct to Balaji I dont know but I think he does cos he must have been pushing for Coyle sacking for weeks

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

At best the 'gentleman' Mowbray spoke to was Balaji, which I suppose is a start, but we all know that the only way to get business done with this freak show is to get answers from Mrs Desai, and it appears the only way she does her business is if people fly across the world to visit her and kneel at her feet.

Balaji doesn't have the cash to fund this club, hence the drastic cutbacks we've witnessed in the last 2 years after Mrs Desai realised promotion isn't quite as easy as signing cheques and adding to the debt every year.

Mowbray is in a no lose situation here though. He's already proving to be very popular with the supporters, firstly for being 100% better and more likeable than Coyle, and secondly for delivering an immediate improvement on the pitch. Everyone knows what the problem is here. If Mowbray keeps us up this season his managerial career will be revived even if he walks out in the summer. If he gives them a chance to do things properly, which Lambert wasn't prepared to do, then he might be able to cobble together a squad next season that can do better than this year, but if not and he leaves nobody will hold him responsible for the situation.

Have I read that correctly...? :rock:

Edited by Stuart

• Backroom
Just now, JAL said:

Good find Yes !

Still a black and blue tie. Black parts of ties often have strange sheets to them.

I think you need to find better uses of your time (says an internet messageboard mod).

If it looks like a manager, walks, talks and makes decisions like a manager then it is one. That's Mowbray by the look and sounds of it and aside from early Lambert briefly there hasn't been that type of presence on the touchline for over 6 years.

Shame he has to be called 'Head Coach' :lol:

Long live Big Tony

The most pleasing aspect for me of Mowbrays start is goals conceeded. One from three home games and seven points from nine is a good return from what appeared to be very tough looking fixtures under Coyle. Two goals conceeded in four games.

Few would have suggested Mowbray. Someone at the club deserves initial praise for this appointment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Still a black and blue tie. Black parts of ties often have strange sheets to them.

I think you need to find better uses of your time (says an internet messageboard mod).

So tiegate is finally cleared up and you pretend you are colour blind!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

The most pleasing aspect for me of Mowbrays start is goals conceeded. One from three home games and seven points from nine is a good return from what appeared to be very tough looking fixtures under Coyle. Two goals conceeded in four games.

Few would have suggested Mowbray. Someone at the club deserves initial praise for this appointment.

I love how the Burton dropped points have now been removed from Mowbray's record. Radio Rovers did the same thing last night.

Unbeaten, and 8 from 12, is very decent considering where we were only two weeks ago. It doesn't need turning into 7 from 9 to sound more impressive or "nearly 9 from 9" as was mentioned last night.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

So tiegate is finally cleared up and you pretend you are colour blind!

Evidence posted above, clearly black

Tiegate was #fakenews #impeachJAL

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I love how the Burton dropped points have now been removed from Mowbray's record. Radio Rovers did the same thing last night.

Unbeaten, and 8 from 12, is very decent considering where we were only two weeks ago. It doesn't need turning into 7 from 9 to sound more impressive or "nearly 9 from 9" as was mentioned last night.

I said we had conceeded two goals in four games.

You explain how that is forgetting about our 'must win' game?

Edited by onlyonejackwalker