BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, JAL said:

If you want some credibility chaddy just tell us what you see as the colour of Tony Mowbray's tie as worn yesterday.

If you can't provide a definitive answer then how can we trust your judgement on all footballing matters.

He'll get back to you, once he check whats being said on Twitter lol

42 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I cant believe that people are discussing Tony Mowbray`s sartorial elegance on here when we are unbeaten in three perhaps we should slate his dress sense when we loose a game.

It's a very simple question that didn't need to be blown out of proportion but what colour was his tie yesterday. 

Just now, JAL said:

If you want some credibility chaddy just tell us what you see as the colour of Tony Mowbray's tie as worn yesterday.

If you can't provide a definitive answer then how can we trust your judgement on all footballing matters.

The sheer fact this is even being discussed sums up what level some will stoop to to reaffirm their own prejudice.

Mowbray out (because he doesn't drink enough  bitter for my liking)

• Like 4

Just now, Jbizzle said:

The sheer fact this is even being discussed sums up what level some will stoop to to reaffirm their own prejudice.

Mowbray out (because he doesn't drink enough  bitter for my liking)

^This is a typical BRFCS post.

In the pub, it'd be...

"Did you see Mowbray wearing that claret and blue tie?"

"Aye, not the best choice really. Did you see Zlatan's elbow?"

On here there's at least two pages of follow-up by rubber-neckers foaming at the mouth screaming "IT PROBABLY WASN'T THAT COLOUR AT ALL. IT WAS PROBABLY A ROVERS 100 CLUB TIE. ANYWAY WTF DOES IT MATTER WHAT COLOUR HIS TIE IS???? GET BEHIND THE TEAM / MANAGER / CLEANERS FFS!!!!!!

Just let things drop. Jeez.

Just now, Stuart said:

^This is a typical BRFCS post.

In the pub, it'd be...

"Did you see Mowbray wearing that claret and blue tie?"

"Aye, not the best choice really. Did you see Zlatan's elbow?"

On here there's at least two pages of follow-up by rubber-neckers foaming at the mouth screaming "IT PROBABLY WASN'T THAT COLOUR AT ALL. IT WAS PROBABLY A ROVERS 100 CLUB TIE. ANYWAY WTF DOES IT MATTER WHAT COLOUR HIS TIE IS???? GET BEHIND THE TEAM / MANAGER / CLEANERS FFS!!!!!!

Just let things drop. Jeez.

The typical BRFCS element is that this is even worthy of discussion. If Zlatans assault and Tony Mowbrays tie are of similar interest to discussion for you Stuart, remind me never to spend an afternoon in your presence. Sounds tedious.

• Like 3

Just now, Jbizzle said:

The typical BRFCS element is that this is even worthy of discussion. If Zlatans assault and Tony Mowbrays tie are of similar interest to discussion for you Stuart, remind me never to spend an afternoon in your presence. Sounds tedious.

Christ almighty.

Rovers manager wears tie in the colours of the team's arch rivals and it's not allowed to be mentioned on a @#/? Rovers messageboard!

Please please never offer to spend time in my presence, Joe. I'd need an advance list of taboo topics and a menu of subjects that meet your sensibilities.

Needless to say, I've been very impressed by Mowbray so far. The sign of a good manager is one that can come in and quickly make you hard to beat. Hughes did that when he first came in, and so did Allardyce. You get nowhere if you constantly have to score 2 or 3 to win a game. 

I also am impressed by the work he's done on working on two different styles of play (he spoke about his recently in the LT). You always need a plan B, whereas we never had that under Coyle. Plan B won us the game yesterday. 

It's a really patched up squad that he's got well organised and hard to beat. We've always had good attacking players this season who can produce a bit of magic and score goals, it's the defensive side Coyle didn't have the nous to sort out. 

Real belief that we may stay up this season. There's still no long term future for this club until Venkys leave though. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JAL said:

I think Ive answered this question in my post that this reply is from.

I couldn't give a monkey toss what colour his tie was. If that's all you really care about then its time you gave up supporting Rovers and get back to the day job. You haven't comment on the Mowbray ability to get the team to pick up wins and clean sheets in his first 3 games. I wonder why you haven't. Does it not suited your agenda or agency?

30 minutes ago, JAL said:

It's a very simple question that didn't need to be blown out of proportion but what colour was his tie yesterday. 

Lets be honest you and Stuart have blown this all situation out of proportion over the colour of a tie. Very disappointed and sad to see people focusing on a tie colour instead of winning Football matches. What more important Wins or Colour of a tie? I know which one I would pick and its aint the of colour a tie

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Had to save his CV i guess. Mark Venus his old assistant stayed i believe?

Sacked by Celtic (worst win record since 1993) won just 23 from 45 in charge, 3rd worst win record in Celtic's entire history.

Sacked at Middlesborough 

And the issue at Coventry where he left them routed to the table.

You can see why people were not exactly enamored with his appointment BUT a big well done thus far.

Unfair summary. TM is a legend at WBA and was not sacked even though relegated from PL. Took Boro to top of table twice at Xmas with negligible funding. Saved Cov from relegation and again topped table following Xmas. Look at the all the facts not just the ones that suit your opinion. Then again we live in a post-fact era....

• Like 5

Every manager has black spots on his CV and even wee Owen has a plus on his CV

A manager/coach can be good for one club whilst being absolutely awful at another.

Tdid not fill me with confidence when I heard his appoint but since then everything he has done since, bar wearing a claret and blue tie has got me enjoying football again. He has earned the support the crowd and has given them something to believe in.

• Like 2

Just now, alcd said:

Unfair summary. TM is a legend at WBA and was not sacked even though relegated from PL. Took Boro to top of table twice at Xmas with negligible funding. Saved Cov from relegation and again topped table following Xmas. Look at the all the facts not just the ones that suit your opinion. Then again we live in a post-fact era....

Who mentioned WBA? 

Facts are facts mate how is it unfair exactly? 

54 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Needless to say, I've been very impressed by Mowbray so far. The sign of a good manager is one that can come in and quickly make you hard to beat. Hughes did that when he first came in, and so did Allardyce. You get nowhere if you constantly have to score 2 or 3 to win a game. 

I also am impressed by the work he's done on working on two different styles of play (he spoke about his recently in the LT). You always need a plan B, whereas we never had that under Coyle. Plan B won us the game yesterday. 

It's a really patched up squad that he's got well organised and hard to beat. We've always had good attacking players this season who can produce a bit of magic and score goals, it's the defensive side Coyle didn't have the nous to sort out. 

Real belief that we may stay up this season. There's still no long term future for this club until Venkys leave though. 

Hughes didn't have a great start at Rovers, think he only won one of his first ten games.

6 minutes ago, alcd said:

A post-fact era? Describing a manager's achievements as "not being sacked after relegation" and by "topping the table... at Christmas"? Seriously?

I think, as long as you are quoting facts to back your argument, just stick with "he saved Coventry from dropping into the fourth tier".

But just remember that your benchmark, according to many people on here, is that Paul Lambert got Norwich promoted to the Championship and the to the Premier League and "he's crap" so it's not really saying much.

Just now, renrag said:

who else? was the question - pay attention :P

Read the conversation back. You provided a link in reply to my not seeing anyone talk about Mowbray's dignity.

The daft thing is that I was actually backing your point.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Ive answered this question in my post that this reply is from.

I couldn't give a monkey toss what colour his tie was. If that's all you really care about then its time you gave up supporting Rovers and get back to the day job. You haven't comment on the Mowbray ability to get the team to pick up wins and clean sheets in his first 3 games. I wonder why you haven't. Does it not suited your agenda or agency?

Lets be honest you and Stuart have blown this all situation out of proportion over the colour of a tie. Very disappointed and sad to see people focusing on a tie colour instead of winning Football matches. What more important Wins or Colour of a tie? I know which one I would pick and its aint the of colour a tie

If your visually impaired chaddy then I, will fully understand your reasoning just say so and I'll drop the conversation with you about the colour of Tony Mowbray's tie.

But if you can't identify colours then how can you make justified comments on players seems strange to me.

Just now, JAL said:

If your visually impaired chaddy then I, will fully understand your reasoning just say so and I'll drop the conversation with you about the colour of Tony Mowbray's tie.

But if you can't identify colours then how can you make justified comments on players seems strange to me.

I did tell you the colours. Nothing wrong with my vision. So dont start this BS stuff. Its embaressing to read.

But yet again all you want to keep talking about a tie. Very pathetic. 

You judge players you never seen. 

Time to put you on ignore I think

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I did tell you the colours. Nothing wrong with my vision. So dont start this BS stuff. Its embaressing to read.

Dont think you did what were the colours again please chaddy ?

Edited by JAL

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which post did you say those words claret and blue in chaddy.

You haven't have you !

Edited by JAL

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

A post-fact era? Describing a manager's achievements as "not being sacked after relegation" and by "topping the table... at Christmas"? Seriously?

I think, as long as you are quoting facts to back your argument, just stick with "he saved Coventry from dropping into the fourth tier".

But just remember that your benchmark, according to many people on here, is that Paul Lambert got Norwich promoted to the Championship and the to the Premier League and "he's crap" so it's not really saying much.

TM was not sacked by WBA. Celtic had to pay £2m compensation to get him. Fact. Boro were 2nd and 3rd respectively on 1 January in TW's first two full seasons there. Fact