BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what another embarrassing post by you

Mowbray has produced wins and clean sheets.

clearly you don't want that or is it not part of your agenda?

Bless you chaddy !  

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

Bless you !  now clear off out of our Club !

Clear off? another embarrassing post by you. You clearly have an agenda against certain players. Cant believe you aren't happy with Mowbray start but I guess you cant pleased everyone tho.

I'm season ticket holder who haven't missed a home league game for years after years so don't start having a go at me about my loyalty or commitment to my club.

did you go today?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, JAL said:

What colours ?

TBH, I couldn't give a flying toss to be honest. Mowbray is performing and producing good results and clean sheets. That's what we wanted and at the end of the day that's all that's matters not his tie and colours. If you are so pathetic to be more worried about a tie than Results so a lot where you loyalty and commitment is

Plus most of the fans in the stadium are right behind and signing Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army

• Backroom
Just now, Phil T said:

chaddy what the duck has happened to you? You used to be a gentle button but now you're a bloody maniac! Chill out man.

With ABBEY gone the ying and yang is out of balance.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Not at all Shameful. You judge an individual based on his results. This season Mowbray hadn't won a game, and can you blame us for that reaction based on the rubbish Venky's has been throwing at us this season?  

Strange you didn't pick out the comment i made on the same day saying that with a few hours having gone by I am actually more relieved about his appointment. 

In no way was he a dreadful appointment though, he's got a decent record in management and is a good bloke. I was embarrassed when I came on here shortly after it was announced because people were clearly reacting without doing their research on him. 3 good/bad results doesn't change that.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

TBH, I couldn't give a flying toss to be honest. Mowbray is performing and producing good results and clean sheets. That's what we wanted and at the end of the day that's all that's matters not his tie and colours. If you are so pathetic to be more worried about a tie than Results so a lot where you loyalty and commitment is

Plus most of the fans in the stadium are right behind and signing Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army

"RESPECT" Chaddy! Remember?

Jal's having a laugh there by the way!

Edited by 47er
forgot something

Cracking start. Credit to all concerned. It was clear from the Burton performance that the players had responded and successive home wins have given us some breathing space. We have been in the bottom three all season apart from three weeks. For Mowbray to get seven points from nine is very pleasing as is only one conceeded and two clean sheets. Further highlights the tactical and organisational inability of the last bloke. Couldn't have asked for more and the other clubs down there will be irritated as we looked nailed on to go down. Meanwhile upcoming opponents will know they have a tough game ahead.

• Like 3

TM has certianley had the new manager bounce,lets hope it lasts another 12 games.I said when he was appointed that if we went down he would not be blamed by me,10days later i actually think we will survive,fancy if the clown had been sacked at xmas.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

"RESPECT" Chaddy! Remember?

Jal's having a laugh there by the way!

I am showing respect. But Jal is more interested in a tie than commenting on Mowbray getting the team winning, more organised and keeping clean sheet. Plus he is pro active with his subs than most managers ive seen

Just now, renrag said:

But he wasn't sacked by Coventry, he resigned without expecting or asking for compensation because he felt that was the right thing to do based on results. I couldn't argue with that but how many other people in football would be principled enough to do that?

Interesting that. I must have missed the papers and TV shouting about how dignified he was.

Maybe they changed the meaning since I went to school.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, renrag said:

But he wasn't sacked by Coventry, he resigned without expecting or asking for compensation because he felt that was the right thing to do based on results. I couldn't argue with that but how many other people in football would be principled enough to do that?

Fair enough, either way his career trajectory had gone downhill fast, so the reaction on here when he was appointed was totally understandable. Looking at it in greater detail it seems like he was better than Coventry and probably should have avoided what appears to be an even worse job than Rovers (for now). 

1 hour ago, renrag said:

Where was Jim White and the boys dedicating a show to him and telling everyone what a nice lad he is and how he had his hands tied so what did they expect ?

That service only seems reserved for Scottish wee gem mafia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, renrag said:

He walked out and left Coventry in the lurch, why would he expect or ask for compensation?

One comment he made on departure from Coventry

"We knew what the budget was but we didn't get our targets. You can't build a club off loans. They have to invest in footballers they can keep and build on."

I hope he's not having to say similar in the future.

Oh and I'm on Mowbray's side and so far well done TM.

• Like 2

Mowbray seems a decent guy, he may even be principled, which is a rarity in football, but he will never be able to make a success of his time here because we have mad owners.

We now have a coach running the club, a missing Venky stooge who apparently pulls the strings and a very poor squad, does anyone think under these circumstances he can make be s success here?

I've not even mentioned the massive debt and more cost cutting to come.

Its great to win a few games, it'll be even better if we avoid relegation, but let's not kid ourselves here, the clubs a basket case that will continue to decline unless the owners sod off.

Tony Mowbrays nothing more than a side show and I doubt he'll see out his 18 month contract, so let's take heads out of the sand, enjoy the wins by all means, because turmoil and heartache is always just around the corner under these rats.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

Just now, Gav said:

Mowbray seems a decent guy, he may even be principled, which is a rarity in football, but he will never be able to make a success of his time here because we have mad owners.

We now have a coach running the club, a missing Venky stooge who apparently pulls the strings and a very poor squad, does anyone think under these circumstances he can make be s success here?

I've not even mentioned the massive debt and more cost cutting to come.

Its great to win a few games, it'll be even better if we avoid relegation, but let's not kid ourselves here, the clubs a basket case that will continue to decline unless the owners sod off.

Tony Mowbrays nothing more than a side show and I doubt he'll see out his 18 month contract, so let's take heads out of the sand, enjoy the wins because turmoil and heartache is always just around the corner under these rats.

As Rovers fans, this is the good bit, Gav. It lasts about 9 months and is preceded by 2-3 years of misery.

Enjoy it while it last FFS. :)

• Like 1

Just now, renrag said:

Would not dispute anything you have written. I merely pointed out to DE. that he had not been sacked but had walked from Coventry. I believe most managers would have brazened it out until the sack and compensation. 

Yes I agree with you on that. I can't recall quickly any managers resigning without that is a new job already set up. I think Mowbray saw no way to suceed at Coventry.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, renrag said:

Would not dispute anything you have written. I merely pointed out to DE. that he had not been sacked but had walked from Coventry. I believe most managers would have brazened it out until the sack and compensation. 

If he didn't walk he'd have been sacked.