BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

So ironic that you had to edit your post due to a 'typo'.

I am sure we all make Typo's. However do we all do the following?

1. Refer to Rovers generically as Blackburn?

2. Think that we joined this forum 3 years after we actually did?

3. Post around 100 comments in the first 5 years of membership and then suddenly start porting incessantly?

4. Push as hard as you possibly can to find out if something that was posted as factual was in fact really done?

5. Antagonise the bulk of the other posters?

6. Insist you would post no more, but carry on regardless?

• Like 1

Just now, 1arC said:

I am sure we all make Typo's. However do we all do the following?

1. Refer to Rovers generically as Blackburn?

2. Think that we joined this forum 3 years after we actually did?

3. Post around 100 comments in the first 5 years of membership and then suddenly start porting incessantly?

4. Push as hard as you possibly can to find out if something that was posted as factual was in fact really done?

5. Antagonise the bulk of the other posters?

6. Insist you would post no more, but carry on regardless?

In response

1-Who cares? Do Manchester Utd fans argue over whether it is Man U or Manchester utd? I didn't realise you needed to call a club a specific name, otherwise you aren't a "real fan"

2-What is your point here? 

3-I was on another message board

4-It is called a debate. If people have nothing to hide or have proof, this should not be an issue. 

5-Nope, not the bulk. Just a handful of "well seasoned" posters. 

6-I said I would no longer post in the Balaji Rao/ Jeremey Beadle thread, which I haven't. 

If you don't like my posts, just don't respond or ignore them. It is very simple :) 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In response

1-Who cares? Do Manchester Utd fans argue over whether it is Man U or Manchester utd?

Yes. Pretty much every Man Utd fan I've spoken to hates the term "Man U" quite passionately... so remember to use it frequently in their presence. 

• Like 1

The only time I've ever referred to Rovers as "Blackburn" is when I've been overseas with people who know little about the club or place. And even then it feels weird.

I don't know any Rovers fans who say Blackburn. Even oppo fans refer to us as Rovers most of the time.

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

The only time I've ever referred to Rovers as "Blackburn" is when I've been overseas with people who know little about the club or place. And even then it feels weird.

I don't know any Rovers fans who say Blackburn. Even oppo fans refer to us as Rovers most of the time.

I think most people will have made their minds up by now and will either trust this poster, or be guarded. I won't be posting anymore about him, as I have done my bit now.

Just now, booth said:

I live overseas, in Ireland, and quite frankly I find people bringing this up as something to be "suspicious" of ,ridiculous. 

I don't think it represent ROVERS fans who do it very positively. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I live overseas, in Ireland, and quite frankly I find people bringing this up as something to be "suspicious" of ,ridiculous. 

I don't think it represent ROVERS fans who do it very positively. 

If you were a true Rovers fan you would understand the sensitivity of suspicion but you haven't done so. If I'd been a new, true Rovers fan on here and been treated as you have been I would have been far more defensive of my position and backed it up with both fact and with others that I have shared my Rovers experiences with. You haven't done that, so I see you as a fraud, a WUM and a poster that we can well do without. We're hurting enough as it is, without the likes of yourself mixing a bottle.

If I'm wrong, I'll apologise but otherwise please just feck off. 

• Like 3

Just now, darrenrover said:

If you were a true Rovers fan you would understand the sensitivity of suspicion but you haven't done so. If I'd been a new, true Rovers fan on here and been treated as you have been I would have been far more defensive of my position and backed it up with both fact and with others that I have shared my Rovers experiences with. You haven't done that, so I see you as a fraud, a WUM and a poster that we can well do without. We're hurting enough as it is, without the likes of yourself mixing a bottle.

If I'm wrong, I'll apologise but otherwise please just feck off. 

If a sane person reads my posts, they will see I am a real fan. 

The level of suspicious among some supporters here looks to be bordering on the ridiculous. 

Apology accepted. 

• Like 1

The level of suspicious among some supporters here looks to be bordering on the ridiculous. 

Apology accepted. 

That statement is as good as saying, if you don't believe me you're mad.

You would understand the suspicion if you were a proper fan. And you would know the significance of calling them Rovers no matter where you were from.

You would also have some inkling of how it's hurt the town.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Apology accepted. 

Sad, doesn't warrant a response.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Just now, Baggie192 said:

I liked Tony, won us the Championship, he blotted his copybook in the way he left. Giving an interview in local press about loyalty, within, 24 hours was holding A Celtic scarf. But easly one of our top 3 managers since mid 90's I hope he turns you around like he did for us

cheers, pal.

You do realise you've only got John williams until the @#/? Venkeys clear off, don't you?

• Like 4

:D we shall see my friend. Even if he does he's already an Albion Legend for getting £15m for Berahino

Glad your taking to him, 77 now is John! Still as sharp as ever though.

Berahino is a disgrace especially what WBA had done for him, he will never hit those early heights again. Almost 18 months sat around doing nothing instead of that goal scoring feeling does allot to a player.

Good luck and fingers crossed with the Lai takeover. Hoping you and any other club don't get a Venkys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Glad your taking to him, 77 now is John! Still as sharp as ever though.

Berahino is a disgrace especially what WBA had done for him, he will never hit those early heights again. Almost 18 months sat around doing nothing instead of that goal scoring feeling does allot to a player.

Good luck and fingers crossed with the Lai takeover. Hoping you and any other club don't get a Venkys.

Lai's been pretty good so far I don't think Williams's would have put himself in that position twice no disrespect. Lai has appointed one of the consortium to the board, and he regulary comes to games. Early days, but, they've coughed money for Schneirderlin. We lost out because of Koeman. They seem decent

• Like 1

Also spoke to a Boro season ticket holder at work today. 

He said TM was good the first two years then lost the plot in the third. He said he's known for attacking football and will try to outscore the opposition. He said in the first two years he did well for his budget - rated him 7 out of 10 - but then it all went wrong in his third year. 

Found this fairly encouraging although  hope we don't try to outscore the opposition to win games, as our defense cannot be relied upon to do that. 

Lai's been pretty good so far I don't think Williams's would have put himself in that position twice no disrespect. Lai has appointed one of the consortium to the board, and he regulary comes to games. Early days, but, they've coughed money for Schneirderlin. We lost out because of Koeman. They seem decent

Good to hear it Baggie and long may it continue, got a soft spot for you guys. No way Williams would have, shocking things on the weblink below confirm he was in an untenable position at the time including the leaked letter by the club drafted by him. https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/misery-at-blackburn-rovers-leaked-documents-reveal-harrowing-details-of-the-indian-rule-at-riverside.   

Glens blog on http://venkysout.com/(Rovers Revisited) May shed more in too.

How do you fare on Pulis by the way? I know it was 50-50 with some fans at one stage? 8th now and a few points cushion is a terrific season!

Edited by Dunnfc

Just now, Blue blood said:

Also spoke to a Boro season ticket holder at work today. 

He said TM was good the first two years then lost the plot in the third. He said he's known for attacking football and will try to outscore the opposition. He said in the first two years he did well for his budget - rated him 7 out of 10 - but then it all went wrong in his third year. 

Found this fairly encouraging although  hope we don't try to outscore the opposition to win games, as our defense cannot be relied upon to do that. 

For a defender, The style of football he plays can be suicidal, entertaining though. Given a chance he can turn a club round Megson, Mowbray and RDM did it for us. hopefully he can do for you 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Good to hear it Baggie and long may it continue, got a soft spot for you guys. No way Williams would have, shocking things on the weblink below confirm he was in an untenable position at the time including the leaked letter by the club drafted by him. https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/misery-at-blackburn-rovers-leaked-documents-reveal-harrowing-details-of-the-indian-rule-at-riverside.   

Glens blog on www.venkysout.com (Rovers Revisited) May shed more in too.

How do you fare on Pulis by the way? I know it was 50-50 with some fans at one stage? 8th now and a few points cushion is a terrific season!

Cheers shall give that a read mate

• Like 1