BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Not for the first 2 years we weren't. With Newcastle, Norwich, Villa down here and the likes of Weds, Brighton and even Wolves spending big money, I'd argue it was much harder now. Bowyer did well to keep us up and signed some decent players, but then had no idea on how to use and organise them and should've been potted 12 months sooner than he was. Ironically, Bowyer would be a good fit for this DoF role as he could spot a player, but then get an actual manager to use them properly.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were under FFP restrictions. While we had a decent squad. The championship was a lot stronger and more competitive then than it is now. Bowyer did a solid job here. No more,no less. In no way could he be called a failure. 

King, Cairney, rhodes, gestede, Olsson, Duffy, Hanley. Yet we still couldn't get close to getting in the top 6.

We only went under FFP the year he left.

Nice guy, good eye for a player, failure at Ewood.

• Like 4

• Backroom

I've always thought Bowyer would make a great assistant manager, or first team coach. Don't think he has the tools to be a successful first team manager. That's not to say he never will have the tools - with experience he could gain those - but he shouldn't have been learning his trade with us. 

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

Not for the first 2 years we weren't. With Newcastle, Norwich, Villa down here and the likes of Weds, Brighton and even Wolves spending big money, I'd argue it was much harder now. Bowyer did well to keep us up and signed some decent players, but then had no idea on how to use and organise them and should've been potted 12 months sooner than he was. Ironically, Bowyer would be a good fit for this DoF role as he could spot a player, but then get an actual manager to use them properly.

Bowyer as DOF may have been a good shout. Let's not forget the amount of crap he had to sort out as well. We could easily have went down during that period,if he had not of identified some of those players. 

I find the fact that people are using the signing of Jaoa as a stick to beat senior with a bit weak. He is a player we signed on loan. I really don't see how it is a big issue. 

Senior has literally just gotten in the door,with one January transfer window,where the manager was a dead man walking. 

I just find the immediate conspiracy and negativity around him,with little or nothing to back it up all a bit strange. I'm not actually referring to your post by and large as I think it is balanced and you make some good points. 

I will be judging senior after next summer. 

Where have you been for the past 7yrs?

Do you think Coyle asked to sign Jaoa? or do you think Senior, a glorified youth team coach brought him in on his own initiative?

Wake up man, how many times do we have to see the same mistakes being made over and over again for some to take heads out of backsides?

• Like 1

Bowyer as DOF may have been a good shout. Let's not forget the amount of crap he had to sort out as well. We could easily have went down during that period,if he had not of identified some of those players. 

Youth team coach to DOF? Not sure about that. Bowyer under Warnock with that squad and we'd be up by now.

Just now, Gav said:

Do you think Coyle asked to sign Jaoa? or do you think Senior, a glorified youth team coach brought him in on his own initiative?

Wake up man, how many times do we have to see the same mistakes being made over and over again for some to take heads out of backsides?

Are we really up to 7 years now? Frightening in more than one way.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No,that's not the reason. It was because there were a lot of terrible appointments. With the exception of ,arguably, Bowyer. 

You are always so quick to defend the dark forces behind our slide into near oblivion. Every time you let your little mask slip like this, I become more convinced you are one of the people we (the ordinary fan) need to be very wary of, or even rid of completely.

• Like 4

Just now, Gav said:

Are you basing your view of senior purely on the previous 7 years? Fair enough if you are. I prefer to look at things in the present and future. Whilst of course acknowledging the damage Venkys have done to the club due to mismanagement. 

As for Joao. I am assuming he was signed in a similar manner to 1000s of other players in January. It is irrelevant anyway in the grand scheme of things. 

So can I just ask again,what are you basing your opinion of senior on? I know a lot of what is in the media,but from that,I don't think there is enough to base an opinion one way or another. He got here in December and since then has improved or managerial situation. That's a positive for me. Obviously the January window could have been better,but like I said,we had a dead duck manager. So I'm 50/50.on that. I don't personally see anything wrong with what he has said so far. Do you have examples of things he has said that you have an issue with?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

You are always so quick to defend the dark forces behind our slide into near oblivion. Every time you let your little mask slip like this, I become more convinced you are one of the people we (the ordinary fan) need to be very wary of, or even rid of completely.

The post you quoted ,I was defending Bowyer. Is he a dark force now as well? 

• Like 1

Are you basing your view of senior purely on the previous 7 years? Fair enough if you are. I prefer to look at things in the present and future. Whilst of course acknowledging the damage Venkys have done to the club due to mismanagement. 

As for Jaoa. I am assuming he was signed in a similar manner to 1000s of other players in January. It is irrelevant anyway in the grand scheme of things. 

So can I just ask again,what are you basing your opinion of senior on? I know a lot of what is in the media,but from that,I don't think there is enough to base an opinion one way or another. He got here in December and since then has improved or managerial situation. That's a positive for me. Obviously the January window could have been better,but like I said,we had a dead duck manager. So I'm 50/50.on that. I don't personally see anything wrong with what he has said so far. Do you have examples of things he has said that you have an issue with?

Basically you are actually Paul Senior, aren't you? A mouthpiece of the men behind the curtain, with a remit to smooth things over with the fans so that your mates can continue robbing the club and the town of its heritage. Shame on you. Leech.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Youth team coach to DOF? Not sure about that. Bowyer under Warnock with that squad and we'd be up by now.

They promoted Kean from assistant manager to untouchable ,so I wouldn't rule it out :) If you have the skills to be a good DOF ,that should be enough. I read that Phillip Lahm is being offered the role by a number of Bundesliga teams and he is only finishing up playing this summer!

Bowler and Warnock would have been ideal. The one that got away. 

Basically you are actually Paul Senior, aren't you? A mouthpiece of the men behind the curtain, with a remit to smooth things over with the fans so that your mates can continue robbing the club and the town of its heritage. Shame on you. Leech.

If not Senior then his MB scribe. Seems to always want proof provided. Dingle WUM but have to say quite good at it.

Yes,I am Paul Senior. Don't tell anybody. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

If not Senior then his MB scribe. Seems to always want proof provided. Dingle WUM but have to say quite good at it.

The only people afraid of proof are those who cannot back up their viewpoint. It seems some people here spout rubbish and lies and when when they are asked to go a bit deeper and explain what they mean or give proof, they resort to insults. It is actually comical. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Senior has put himself on the back foot with some cringeworthy interviews that have show he will happily fiddle while Rome burns. However he has done 3 major things so far. Remove Coyle (the good), give us Jaoa (the bad) and bring in Mowbray (the ugly :P).

Going forward, the relationship between him and Mowbray will need to be exceptionally good if he's providing players, However it has to be Mowbrays call if he wants them. It's no good forcing players on a manager and forcing him to adapt his system.which brings us back to is a DOF a glorified scout?

Joao was a Coyle signing and someone he wanted according Nicko and Bayes both said this. Im not sure. 

Senior and Mowbray will hopefully have a good working relationship and hopefully have a plan going forward for the recruitment. Last summer recruitment wasnt good enough. Coyle to blame

Edited by chaddyrovers

The only people afraid of proof are those who cannot back up their viewpoint. It seems some people here spout rubbish and lies and when when they are asked to go a bit deeper and explain what they mean or give proof, they resort to insults. It is actually comical. 

Can you provide proof to support the rubbish and lies accusation? Thought not.

• Like 1

You pitched up here 2wks ago and started towing the party line and insulting seasoned posters.

You clearly have an agenda, as you're completely ignoring years of mismanagement, under investment and people being promoted beyond their abilities.

So you carry on looking towards the future mystic Meg and ignoring the glaringly obvious,  but allow us to remain highly sceptical of the youth team coach running our club that's promoted way beyond his abilities.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Can you provide proof to support the rubbish and lies accusation? Thought not.

Ya I can support it. Open your eyes and read. There you go. 

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

You pitched up here 2wks ago and started towing the party line and insulting seasoned posters.

You clearly have an agenda, as you're completely ignoring years of mismanagement, under investment and people being promoted beyond their abilities.

So you carry on looking towards the future mystic Meg and ignoring the glaringly obvious,  but allow us to remain highly sceptical of the youth team coach running our club that's promoted way beyond his abilities.

I stood up for myself when some of the crack pots on here start accusing me of being ,take your pick ;Venkys spy,a Dingle, Paul senior,Owen Coyle ,Owen coyles son ,to name but a few of the paranoid and actually funny accusations that have been made. 

I don't get the youth coach reference in relation to senior,what's that about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Joao was a Coyle signing and someone he wanted according Nicko and Bayes both said this. Im not sure. 

Senior and Mowbray will have a good working relationship and hopefully have a plan going forward for the recruitment. Last summer recruitment wasnt good enough. Coyle to blame

"Hopefully have a plan"

Will it it be a cunning plan?

• Like 1