BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, alcd said:

TM was not sacked by WBA. Celtic had to pay £2m compensation to get him. Fact. Boro were 2nd and 3rd respectively on 1 January in TW's first two full seasons there. Fact

I take it all back. Amazing accolades. :rolleyes:

On 1st January, you say? I think they've started award league titles around that date now.

3 hours ago, JAL said:

If your visually impaired chaddy then I, will fully understand your reasoning just say so and I'll drop the conversation with you about the colour of Tony Mowbray's tie.

But if you can't identify colours then how can you make justified comments on players seems strange to me.

So, just to clarify, if someone is colour-blind, they can't pass judgement on football related things?  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

So, just to clarify, if someone is colour-blind, they can't pass judgement on football related things?  

Is chaddy colour blind I don't know, he claims he's mentioned what the colour is but I've not seen his post where he posted the colours. What's the colour of TM's tie to you Pedro ?

Edited by JAL

1 hour ago, alcd said:

You did not include his excellent record at WBA so omitting facts is unfair.

8-9 years ago? They are hardly relevant when he has had three jobs since. Much like the position Coyle was in. 

He also oversaw relegation at WBA so far from an "excellent" record....

1 hour ago, alcd said:

TM was not sacked by WBA. Celtic had to pay £2m compensation to get him. Fact. Boro were 2nd and 3rd respectively on 1 January in TW's first two full seasons there. Fact

And then he bombed in the second half's without so much of a play off place and they were rooted below mid-table when finally potted. Why hark bark to 1st January when it's only 50 % of the season unless your trying to suit your own argument?

So that's a promotion and a relegation at WBA

Third worst in 130 years record at Celtic - the worst since 1993. Then Sacked

A sack at Mboro

Almost a sacking but left Coventry rooted earlier this season.

Excuse me if I didn't come across that excited when he was announced. Certainly a good start and i would hope he continues with it. Far too early to call him a "success" though.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

On Mowbray leaving Coventry, he was replaced by Russell Slade. Who has been sacked today. Only won 1 league game. Going to replace by Mark Robins according the rumours

He'd be mad to go back there. That club is us in a few years time. Utter sympathy for the 5,000 fans they still have left attending. 

Sounds like they will also be playing at non-league Nuneaton next year due to another "Rent" battle over the RICOH.

• Like 1

You have to feel for them . So sad what's happening. Leyton Orient being placed into liquidation if the owner, who has previous history of not turning up at court doesn't show. Fans attending the court hearing hoping to get administration and get the legal eagle who helped AFC Wimbledon start their club back up to get local backers to buy it back and start rebuilding. I hear these stories and it's like watching a rollercoaster derail and your on the back carriage hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

On Mowbray leaving Coventry, he was replaced by Russell Slade. Who has been sacked today. Only won 1 league game. Going to replace by Mark Robins according the rumours

That could be us in the not to distant future.. Feel for the Coventry fans 

On the TM exit at Coventry.. Sometimes your only as good as your last job 

The Leyton Orient situation is a funny one though in terms of fit and proper, the owner has put money in, loads of it, he's just wasted some of it on overpaid rubbish, however they could've turned out to be world beaters. The situation or the O's could have been very different should they have won on Penalties against Rotherham in 2014, the one saving grace for them is that Hearne put the ground into (self managed) trust when he sold the club.

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The Leyton Orient situation is a funny one though in terms of fit and proper, the owner has put money in, loads of it, he's just wasted some of it on overpaid rubbish, however they could've turned out to be world beaters. The situation or the O's could have been very different should they have won on Penalties against Rotherham in 2014, the one saving grace for them is that Hearne put the ground into (self managed) trust when he sold the club.

They gambled big on going up, just like Coventry did and it ended up putting the club in huge financial trouble. It almost happened us under Kean. Although with the dreaded "cost cutting" since, we appear to be just about keeping ourselves on the right side of the nuclear scenario, unlike those two. You then have your Leicesters who gambled and won big time and will now face retrospective action that matters very little once you are in the Premiership. 

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Add Bournemouth into the list with Leicester.

And P.S. it did happen to us under Kean, we are currently nursing circa 130 million of debt as a hangover from his reign.

Fair point. 

The fact we have stayed in this division has also kept us out of the Coventry and Leyton orient category. 

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

My God, where will this all end?

Tony Mowbray's socks and boxers?

If you play his post-match interviews backwards you'll hear him say: "Stan Ternant is my leader."

You've done it now Bry.  Can't wait for JAL's new line of attack, suppose it will mean he doesn't get RSI in his A G E N and T typing fingers though.

5 hours ago, broadsword said:

My God, where will this all end?

Tony Mowbray's socks and boxers?

If you play his post-match interviews backwards you'll hear him say: "Stan Ternant is my leader."

It will end when people stop bringing it up. :)

It happened. It was mentioned. The end.