BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, RV Blue said:

Not taking a payoff is the point...

Just now, renrag said:

Exactly my point

Had to save his CV i guess. Mark Venus his old assistant stayed i believe?

Sacked by Celtic (worst win record since 1993) won just 23 from 45 in charge, 3rd worst win record in Celtic's entire history.

Sacked at Middlesborough 

And the issue at Coventry where he left them routed to the table.

You can see why people were not exactly enamored with his appointment BUT a big well done thus far.

19 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Had to save his CV i guess. Mark Venus his old assistant stayed i believe?

Sacked by Celtic (worst win record since 1993) won just 23 from 45 in charge, 3rd worst win record in Celtic's entire history.

Sacked at Middlesborough 

And the issue at Coventry where he left them routed to the table.

You can see why people were not exactly enamored with his appointment BUT a big well done thus far.

You see I have a problem with people that just look at the bad and not the good. He did a very good job at West Brom and did a good job at Hibs before that. He also took over MIddlesbrough when they were in trouble, like us, and got them out of it. They improved under him and almost made the palyoff places but then things went awry.

Personally I thought and still do believe that in the short term he is a good appointment. I don't think he will work out long term but for right now and possibly another season he will improve things here if our owners don't mess things up for him.

Edited by mcflash

Just now, mcflash said:

You see I have a problem with people that just look at the bad and not the good. He did a very good job at West Brom and did a good job at Hibs before that.

It's simple and probably more prevalent in this day in age..."Your only as good as your last job" and Mowbrays last three involved being sacked. Quite right there was skeptics over his appointment. Felix Magath was fantastic 10 years ago winning the league but when at Fulham was a complete horror show.

Just now, meadows said:

You don't have to think back that long to come up with one... Scottish......previously managed Norwich & Villa.....initials PL

Yes indeed! although I think he was after the big gig in Scotland.

How could I forget Mr. Lambert who is something of a serial 'resigner' with maybe another due soon. Still it makes his CV read better.

• Backroom

Worth noting we have no idea how much of a payoff Mowbray would actually have gotten from Coventry. Judging from the outside you would have to assume not very much, which would make the decision to walk a lot easier.

There's little doubt he is a decent bloke, but as Gav said a few posts up, he's ultimately on a hiding to nothing here.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

It's simple and probably more prevalent in this day in age..."Your only as good as your last job" and Mowbrays last three involved being sacked. Quite right there was skeptics over his appointment. Felix Magath was fantastic 10 years ago winning the league but when at Fulham was a complete horror show.

If your only as good as your last job then why did you want McLeish to take over?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Mowbray seems a decent guy, he may even be principled, which is a rarity in football, but he will never be able to make a success of his time here because we have mad owners.

We now have a coach running the club, a missing Venky stooge who apparently pulls the strings and a very poor squad, does anyone think under these circumstances he can make be s success here?

I've not even mentioned the massive debt and more cost cutting to come.

Its great to win a few games, it'll be even better if we avoid relegation, but let's not kid ourselves here, the clubs a basket case that will continue to decline unless the owners sod off.

Tony Mowbrays nothing more than a side show and I doubt he'll see out his 18 month contract, so let's take heads out of the sand, enjoy the wins by all means, because turmoil and heartache is always just around the corner under these rats.

What's going on with the tie he wore for yesterday's home game v Wigan.

Just now, islander200 said:

If your only as good as your last job then why did you want McLeish to take over?

Genk 23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 22 August 2014 22 June 2015 35 18 10 7 51.43
Zamalek[79] 23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt 28 February 2016 2 May 2016 10 6 2 2 60.00

Errr I'd say that is a pretty good record especially with Genk qualifying for europe. As said at the time i'd have seen McCleish till the summer and a fresh look then when there is time.

Edited by Dunnfc

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I was sceptical about his appointment but like others spoke and read other clubs fans opinions of his and had very positive things to say about him

On Magath, I remember people on here saying he would get them promoted but I said he wasn't suited the English game or his methods

Just now, JAL said:

who cares about a tie.

the questions should be

1. are his tactics and structure of the team working?

2 Are the players playing for him and respond to his methods?

3. the most important question are we winning games and out of the bottom 3?

Just now, JAL said:

Photo evidence that Tony has a reasonable tie selection. Be thankful he  wasn't wearing the lime green one.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=tony+mowbray&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA6uOlxr_SAhXDopQKHbGJDyUQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=452

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Someone said it was a club tie which I don't think was correct. Any chance of a pic from yesterday ARA.

Just now, JAL said:

Someone said it was a club tie which I don't think was correct. Any chance of a pic from yesterday ARA.

Nevermind the colour was TM wearing a tie?

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/photo-galleries/?gallery_id=0#

Edit: for the record I don't care if he wears a tie or not or what colour it was .... as long as not claret and blue.  I think he would have a Rovers club tie on.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Nevermind the colour was TM wearing a tie?

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/photo-galleries/?gallery_id=0#

Edit: for the record I don't care if he wears a tie or not or what colour it was .... as long as not claret and blue.  I think he would have a Rovers club tie on.

Erm that's the point. It sure looked claret and blue on TV.

11 minutes ago, JAL said:

Whats the colour of his tie chaddy ?

The phoney Tony bounce as has been proven in the past........ it doesn't last chaddy !

I really don't care tbh But to me its look like Dark Blue and light blue(The colour of the home and away kits). But I just cant believe a poster is more bothered about a tie than a Head coach winning games. What your agenda then?

Mowbray is winning games. That's all matters tbh

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Erm that's the point. It sure looked claret and blue on TV.

Sadly my internet was s hite yesterday and never got to see the game live and only youtube highlights today.

I can't make out the tie or its colours from the matchday photos in the above link. I assume he unbuttoned his 2 coats at some stage if the tie was seen in its full glory ... or infamy

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

I cant believe that people are discussing Tony Mowbray`s sartorial elegance on here when we are unbeaten in three perhaps we should slate his dress sense when we loose a game.

There's winning and then there's winning in style Haha

• Like 2

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

I cant believe that people are discussing Tony Mowbray`s sartorial elegance on here when we are unbeaten in three perhaps we should slate his dress sense when we loose a game.

It's either Tony's dress sense or watching Everton. No brainer for me.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I really don't care tbh But to me its look like Dark Blue and light blue(The colour of the home and away kits). But I just cant believe a poster is more bothered about a tie than a Head coach winning games. What your agenda then?

Mowbray is winning games. That's all matters tbh

If you want some credibility chaddy just tell us what you see as the colour of Tony Mowbray's tie as worn yesterday.

If you can't provide a definitive answer then how can we trust your judgement on all footballing matters.