BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Is it ‘refreshing’ or unprofessional? I was in the Premier Suite yesterday (a one off, prawn sandwicher, I ain’t!) and I spotted him, I was in two minds about engaging him re contracts - but never got chance as I presume that was you on the table, Paul, near the kitchen he was deep in convo with for a good while?

But if I had, as interesting as the snippets would be, I couldn’t ever imagine the likes of John Williams saying the manager’s on the verge of the sack half an hour after the whistle to punters in the club lounges. TM, like any employee, deserves more respect than that.

Absolutely right Matty and that says more about Waggott and his desire for populism than anything else. I'm sure the players will be pleased to know he was discussing their futures to what are effectively strangers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I don’t frequently go in the Premier Suite at Rovers. I’ve been in at the invitation of clients on a couple of occasions but I don’t really enjoy watching my club in that way.

I’ve spent plenty of time watching Spurs in corporate hospitality during my time in London, and I can honestly say Daniel Levy never did the rounds to tell us whether he was planning on binning the manager….

To be fair, I'm not sure Levy even tells the manager until he absolutely has to

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is it ‘refreshing’ or unprofessional? I was in the Premier Suite yesterday (a one off, prawn sandwicher, I ain’t!) and I spotted him, I was in two minds about engaging him re contracts - but never got chance as I presume that was you on the table, Paul, near the kitchen he was deep in convo with for a good while?

But if I had, as interesting as the snippets would be, I couldn’t ever imagine the likes of John Williams saying the manager’s on the verge of the sack half an hour after the whistle to punters in the club lounges. TM, like any employee, deserves more respect than that.

Yes, that was me….Yesterday I took a friend (Sheff U fan) as a thank you.

To be fair he just came across really straight. I asked some pretty probing questions and he answered them. I wish you had grabbed him too…I wanted to ask more about our plans for next season. 

As for the unprofessional vs refreshing argument….for me (as a fan) it was refreshing. I’ve found them both really honest  when I’ve spoken to them. Waggot yesterday shared his opinions on several of our players and what they could and couldn’t do. Was it unprofessional on his side? I don’t know really….I suppose it’s a matter for him but if he’s saying the same thing to everyone (including those players) then maybe that’s just his way? 

1 minute ago, gumboots said:

Would you talk about your employees to random strangers in that way? I'd never have expected my employers to do so!

We are part of the club and Rovers supporters at the end of the day. I would want Waggott to tell the truth to Rovers supporters.

Also want my boss to be honest with his employees 

I don't see how Waggott can say said players will be sold in January if they don't sign.

The players have the upper hand here. If they choose not to sign, Waggott can't just force them to sign for another club.

It's far more likely that they'd just run their contracts down and get a fat siging-on fee somewhere else.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are part of the club and Rovers supporters at the end of the day. I would want Waggott to tell the truth to Rovers supporters.

Also want my boss to be honest with his employees 

How would you feel Chaddy if your employer divulged details of your employment contract to a random customer?

Would you not think that this was at the very least unprofessional?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't see how Waggott can say said players will be sold in January if they don't sign.

The players have the upper hand here. If they choose not to sign, Waggott can't just force them to sign for another club.

It's far more likely that they'd just run their contracts down and get a fat siging-on fee somewhere else.

We can not play them from then onwards 

17 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

How would you feel Chaddy if your employer divulged details of your employment contract to a random customer?

Would you not think that this was at the very least unprofessional?

We aren't random customers but Blackburn Rovers supporters at the end of the day. We are all part of Rovers family. 

Not really divulge any details of their contract as we all know who is out of contract anyway. No financial details were leaked to Paul. 

Would you want Waggott to lie to Rovers supporters when asked simple straight forward question? 

45 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Would you talk about your employees to random strangers in that way? I'd never have expected my employers to do so!

To be clear, he didn’t give any personal information about anyone (numbers etc). He did provide his take on things.

No I wouldn’t divulge information about my employees to strangers. 

But technically supporters of a football club are stakeholders, not strangers. Would I divulge some information as an update to stakeholders, yes I would.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We aren't random customers but Blackburn Rovers supporters at the end of the day. We are all part of Rovers family. 

Not really divulge any details of their contract as we all know who is out of contract anyway. No financial details were leaked to Paul. 

Would you want Waggott to lie to Rovers supporters when asked simple straight forward question? 

Does the manager deserve to have his boss going round the lounges, just half an hour after a steering his team to a vital win, telling all and sundry that he was about to be sacked from his job?

• Like 5

Mowbray out

Waggot out

both a pair of useless shits and they've always appeared to be a pairing (from the north esst mafia!) so both must go together. 

Sorry I dont have any 'itk'🙄 knowledge to back that up with, just simply going of how the club as been run and results over the last few years mainly🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Does the manager deserve to have his boss going round the lounges, just half an hour after a steering his team to a vital win, telling all and sundry that he was about to be sacked from his job?

I guess maybe this is just the kind of slimy unprofessional thing that those 'exec types' that use the prawn sandwich rooms on a regular basis do, they're a different breed from the average working class punter. 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Waggott was being honest with Rovers supporters. Would you he lied to Rovers supporter I guess? Then you would have something to complain about

Edited by chaddyrovers

Why are we all getting our knickers in a twist about how ‘unprofessional’ it may or may not have been? It’s of no consequence to us.

Surely the information is more important to us as fans to discuss? Ie - who might we replace Lenihan with? What will be the consequence of potentially losing 2 or 3 of the players mentioned this Christmas? How close is Mowbray to leaving? 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We wanted to sell them if they won't re sign so we don't play them forcing them to leave in January 

If its now as good as set in stone that none of these players are going to be accepting their new contract offers and the club aren't going to budge further on the improving the offers... then really imo there's no point at all playing them from now onwards(never mind from the end of tge year) as the players hearts won't truly be in it especially when their backs are against the wall and also they'll be in sel preservation mode trying to avoid getting injured(pulling out of tackles, ect...)

Personally id like to see Brereton and Rothwell sign new deals and they're both worth making them the highest paid at the club if that's what it takes. Lenihan, nyambe I couldn't really care less about although replacing them with(replacing all of them even!) with like for like quality would be ridiculously expensive so surely cheaper just to just give them much improved contracts, which would then also raise there transfer values should they still want to leave down the line. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott was being honest with Rovers supporters. Would you he lied to Rovers supporter I guess? Then you would have something to complain about

Via a fan SW has now successfully got it out to the Fanbase that our Captain has refused to sign a new and 'big' contract.

I will assume that 'big' is financial not a number of pages in the contract.

So .... Lenihan is the naughty unfaithful one.

Nice one Steve. 

An old trick that usually fools fools.

• Like 5

I was talking to a Boro fan last night who was delighted Warnock had been sacked, his comment:

"You can only blame the referee and linesman so many times before that excuse starts to wear thin, he took no responsibility for poor results and his football was appalling"

On Mowbray he was gushing with praise for the most part but he did say that he'd definitely lost the plot towards the end of his time managing the club, playing players out of position and strange formations, sounds familiar I told him.

He told a story about a supporters Q&A where a young lad around 10/12yrs old asked Mowbray why he wasn't playing xxxx player and Mowbray explained he was a good player but didn't fit the formation, the lad was gutted. After the event was over Mowbray spent 30 minutes with the salt and pepper pots explain the formation and why xxxx didn't fit in, which I thought was a great story, a nice touch.

"Would you have him back" I asked

"If we want to get back into the Premiership he's not the man"

He thinks Wilder will get the job.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Why are we all getting our knickers in a twist about how ‘unprofessional’ it may or may not have been? It’s of no consequence to us.

You are right, and I’m not going to turn down gossip, glad that he had your ear, it’s what makes the football world turn, but it speaks volumes of the calibre of Exec we now have.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1